Hi!

Bought a new playbook 64GB from PC World for �129.99

Included free leather case.

Been playing with it a few hours - its very very impressive!

Stupidly I paid an extra �30 for a 3 year "whatever happens" warranty. But having looked at its build quality - it looks very impressive! I guess its quite hard to "break it".

Or should I get a refund for the warranty? (we have 7 day cooling off period in the UK I think)
    12-24-12 10:52 AM
    Good buy, I did the same, though without the warranty. I use mine everyday.... and bridged up to my 9900... what a combination. The warranty gives yo an extra 2 years peace of mind I suppose. And if anything happens in the first year they should do a straight exchange, rather than going through RIM. Only downside is if they cant get their hands on a 64gb PB to give you, say in 2 years time!
    rexrim and 123nat like this.
    12-24-12 10:57 AM
    Welcome to the Playbook community and Crackberry in general! .

Be sure to check out the sticky Tips and Ticks thread at the top of the page. You will find an incredible amount of helpful information there, you'll find that you'll reread ir many times!
    123nat likes this.
    12-24-12 11:28 AM
    Very cool. Congrats!
    alan510 and 123nat like this.
    12-24-12 11:42 AM
    Welcome aboard and congrats! Not sure about warranties as people tend to have varying opinions on it, but for examples of a tough tablet, I have a personal PB that has been literally used every day for well over a year, goes everywhere with me and no failures. I also have a PB at work that has been used the same except under harder and harsher work environments, that being in aircraft hangars, on aircraft, around aircraft, on the ramp from temps of 90degrees above to -25degrees below, dropped on the ground, dropped in the snow, dropped on concrete hangar floors etc..... The work PB is in an OtterBox case of course, but you get the picture. I've also posted pics on this forum of my PB mounted on my dual sport motorcycle and has been on many on and offroad trips with me, pics of it mounted in a commercial snowblower and in aircraft. Needless to say a very tough little tablet. I believe it will serve you well
    123nat and PG923 like this.
    12-24-12 11:53 AM
    I never buy warranties. It seems like +1 day after it expires I break it
    123nat likes this.
    12-24-12 12:23 PM
    Congrats on your new PlayBook and welcome to CrackBerry.
    jamesharmeling and 123nat like this.
    12-24-12 12:31 PM
    Welcome, and congrats, and enjoy.
    123nat likes this.
    12-24-12 04:06 PM
    The PB has been pretty scarce in stores around here (Peterborough, Ontario), I was about to give up purchasing one as a gift...until Walmart online had some stock last week. I picked up a 64gig for $178cdn, ordered last Thursday and it was delivered this morning. Great value IMHO.
    12-24-12 04:08 PM
    Having played with it for half a day, its very fun and addictive.

Just can't get to grips with movies etc.

Can someone kindly explain how to transfer movies/tv programmes from my Humax t2 recorder to the playbook?

Thanks!
    12-24-12 04:52 PM
    Congrats and welcome!!!
    12-24-12 06:30 PM
    What's happening in the U.K? I always thought prices were so much higher there than in the U.S. At 129 quids that's slightly cheaper than what I paid (U.S. $199). Hmmm, RIM marketing strategy?
    12-24-12 10:55 PM
    Congratulations you just bought a BlackBerry10 Device 64 gig for 129$ absolutely incredible!!!
    12-24-12 10:58 PM
    Just ordered another one for my wife!!!!!!!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-25-12 04:54 AM
    I can get a new 64gb Playbook for $257 here now. I paid over $700 when they first came out for a 32 gigger. I think I might get it if they are going to upgrade them to BB10 soon.
    12-25-12 05:05 AM
    Welcome to the family dude! Keep bridge Keep PlayBooking :-) Happy Holiday!
    12-25-12 05:22 AM
    �124 (64gb) now in the UK with leather case...Currys/PCWorld sale.
    12-25-12 05:23 AM
    Repeating the question

Can someone kindly explain how to transfer movies/tv programmes from my Humax t2 recorder to the playbook?
    12-25-12 08:40 AM
    I took out the 2 year warranty on mine and glad I did as I'm on third playbook. First time the hdmi internal circuitry blew, but that is as on os1 where there were some glitches in code causing overload. Recent replacement was when the playbook froze, I rebooted and it just wouldn't restart so not sure what the problem was but I got a new one, box was dated 30 Nov 2012.
    123nat likes this.
    12-25-12 08:55 AM
    Repeating the question

First, you will have to find out if you can save videos from that device to a computer and then what format. If you can save files from the device, you may have to convert them but first you need that first step - humax to computer, if possible.
    123nat likes this.
    12-25-12 09:10 AM
    Repeating the question

It would be a multi step process, if you follow the steps here to extract to a usb drive, then you could either transfer from your pc to the playbook or use one of the playbook streaming programs to play from the pc/usb drive.

My Humax Blog

I searched for 'humax t2 transfer movies' and there are many suggestions/techniques described.
    123nat likes this.
    12-25-12 09:13 AM
    The PB has been pretty scarce in stores around here (Peterborough, Ontario), I was about to give up purchasing one as a gift...until Walmart online had some stock last week. I picked up a 64gig for $178cdn, ordered last Thursday and it was delivered this morning. Great value IMHO.
    You should be able to get $10 back when they go on sale tomorrow.
    12-25-12 09:15 AM
    It would be a multi step process, if you follow the steps here to extract to a usb drive, then you could either transfer from your pc to the playbook or use one of the playbook streaming programs to play from the pc/usb drive.

My Humax Blog

I searched for 'humax t2 transfer movies' and there are many suggestions/techniques described.
    Thank you for making it very clear.

When converting the files on the PC..to make it suitable for the playbook - what is the ideal format crackberry users would recommend?

I note that the playbook can play 3GP, 3GP2, ASF, AVI, F4V, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG4, WMV files. But the question is - what one is recommended?

I assume its the MP4 format.....I hope it will also record the subtitles.
    12-25-12 01:43 PM
    Hi,
    I have both Humax Freeview and Freesat boxes. It used to be a faff using a converter (Audials), then I purchased Kalemsoft Media Player for Playbook. You will need to set up your Playbook for file transfer (I use Windows explorer) and then just drag the TS file from the Humax drive into the Playbook Video folder......BUT it won't play HD files! So for the TV destined for the Playbook record in SD. One other plus point on the Kalemsoft is that it plays FLAC audio files. For me the Kalemsoft App is a gamechanger with Humax.....
    bambinoitaliano and 123nat like this.
    12-26-12 05:23 AM
    So you are saying, just simply get the humax SD files onto the PC and from the PC send to the playbook via file transfer (will look into that) and use Kalemsoft media player to view the video file?

And will subtitles work? (im deaf)

This looks a lot easier than buying video converters etc
    12-26-12 05:33 AM
33 12