Hi, I bought a playbook from best buy a couple of months ago. Anyway, last week it stopped charging, so since it was still under warrantee, I took it in to get swapped for a new one. When I took it in, they said they don't carry it anymore, so they gave me a store credit for $200 to cover the cost. I looked around and the closest best buy that has one is 2 hours away. So I was wondering if there will be a new version released soon so that I could get one instead of driving 4 hours round trip. Will the 4g version be the same just with an LTE radio, or will it have a new processor ect.? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    07-05-12 08:28 PM
    the 4G version is supposed to have a new 1.5ghz dual core (compared to 1ghz dual core) and NFC capabilities.

That's as much as I know
    07-05-12 08:36 PM
    You could also just order one online and save the driving:

BlackBerry PlayBook - RIM US
    07-05-12 08:45 PM
    Price will be higher on the 4g PlayBook.
    07-05-12 08:45 PM
    I saw some pics of the 4G on another site earlier. Looks strange where it shows a sim cards slides in under a small cover.

At first glance it looks the same though.
    07-05-12 08:52 PM
    You could also just order one online and save the driving:

BlackBerry PlayBook - RIM US
    I have a store credit of $200, so I can only use it in store.
    07-05-12 09:24 PM
    Hi, I bought a playbook from best buy a couple of months ago. Anyway, last week it stopped charging, so since it was still under warrantee, I took it in to get swapped for a new one. When I took it in, they said they don't carry it anymore, so they gave me a store credit for $200 to cover the cost. I looked around and the closest best buy that has one is 2 hours away. So I was wondering if there will be a new version released soon so that I could get one instead of driving 4 hours round trip. Will the 4g version be the same just with an LTE radio, or will it have a new processor ect.? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Call RIM support. Have them fix it under warranty.
    07-05-12 09:59 PM
    Why cant Best Buy help the customer out by getting one sent to the store he trades at? If Best Buy cant manage that no wonder that their business is tanking.
    07-06-12 01:21 AM
    I have a store credit of $200, so I can only use it in store.
    If the unit is faulty then either they should either (as has been mentioned) arrange for another one to be delivered to the store in question or they should give you a full cash refund. None of this 'store credit' nonsense.

Go back and lay it on the line.
    07-06-12 03:37 AM
    Yep dude... Its their problem, so they gotta fix it. Go there and demand ur new tablet...
    07-06-12 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD