Got my new Playbook today. Battery Guru says battery health is 88 per cent. My 16 gig is 7 months old and 91 per cent. Whats up with this????
    01-20-12 06:08 PM
    That is very odd. Where did you purchase your new PB 64GB from?
    01-20-12 06:12 PM
    shopblackberry.com
    01-20-12 06:15 PM
    I checked my new PB 64GB I received today with Battery Guru after reading your post.
    Mine is at 100% health.

Perhaps Peter, the developer of Battery Guru, will see this thread and shed some light...
    01-20-12 06:18 PM
    Got my new Playbook today. Battery Guru says battery health is 88 per cent. My 16 gig is 7 months old and 91 per cent. Whats up with this????
    Some PBs when shipped come with their batteries not in their prime condition. It needs some conditioning.
    Give it a few days, and while you do so make sure you let the battery charge to full, and then let the charge drain down until your PB shuts off by itself. Repeat this a couple of times in the initial weeks and your battery health should reflect its true health, post calibration.
    jafobabe and kennyliu like this.
    01-20-12 06:18 PM
    You guys are the best, thank you
    01-20-12 06:26 PM
    Sorry but what's Battery Guru?

I'm kinda new here, so hmm yea.....
    01-20-12 09:17 PM
    Sorry but what's Battery Guru?

I'm kinda new here, so hmm yea.....
    Its an app that you can buy from the app world for quite cheap.
    It is used to monitor the health of your battery and it gives an output on various aspects.
    You can run it in the background all the time, uses minimal charge. Most importantly looking at the output files one can estimate the overall status of the battery.
    Peter here at the forums is the developer of the app, he is very helpful with issues with the battery, while the app in itself really does an awesome job.
    A must have, if I may add, for all PB owners.
    Last edited by anindoc; 01-20-12 at 09:25 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-20-12 09:22 PM
    The battery health calibration improves after a series of recharges. The 88% is normal and falls within the statistical variance for this type of battery.
    01-20-12 09:31 PM
    That is very odd. Where did you purchase your new PB 64GB from?
    The reported 88% battery health is not odd. The reading reflects my own initial experiences with a new BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB. Since the purchase the battery health has improved to well over 90%.
    01-20-12 09:35 PM
    FWIW, I think people put too much faith in Battery Guru. I returned one PlayBook that had a pretty serious problem with rapid battery discharge and the program rated it at 100%. The 16 GB I had and exchanged for a 64 GB model had health ratings of between 75 and 85% but would last upwards of ten hours. Personally I take the ratings with a grain of salt.
    01-20-12 09:44 PM
    FWIW, I think people put too much faith in Battery Guru. I returned one PlayBook that had a pretty serious problem with rapid battery discharge and the program rated it at 100%. The 16 GB I had and exchanged for a 64 GB model had health ratings of between 75 and 85% but would last upwards of ten hours. Personally I take the ratings with a grain of salt.
    Nothing is exact nor perfect. Sometimes apps work flawlessly and sometimes it does not.
    I dont blame you for your perception of the Battery guru app, I am sure there are others who have had similar issues,but most people who use the app find it very handy.

And the best part is that Peter the developer of the app, is a member here at CB, and he has always helped us to decipher the apps output on the battery parameters that eventually helped in getting the best out of the PB's battery.

There is no direct corelation between the health showing 75-85% and you getting ten hours out of it, there are numerous parameters that come into play when you consider battery usage time from a single charge.

I can have 100% charge and keep my backlight to the minimum and have all apps set to close in the background, and get 10 hours out of the PB. While I can kill my PB in just 2 hours from playing Asphalt6, with similar settings on the PB . It all depends on how we use the PB, which inturn reflects how long your battery will last irrespective of the charge it holds or its battery health. At the end the Battery guru app,is really good,it helped me sort out problems and that makes me happy
    calles likes this.
    01-21-12 12:37 PM
    FWIW, I think people put too much faith in Battery Guru. I returned one PlayBook that had a pretty serious problem with rapid battery discharge and the program rated it at 100%.
    Battery Guru doesn't actually rate the battery, it just tells you the health rating the system reports. If the battery had a serious issue like that it's probable it threw off the system's ability to measure it correctly.
    01-21-12 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD