I think someone should sticky a thread so that new (and old) PB owners don't miss out on the 50GB Box account.

As soon as you download the app and sign up you get the account (at least I just did) and 50gb of cloud storage with built in document viewing in pretty damn sweet. I have 6gb on my DropBox account I filled that up fast. 50gb will let me have a backup of all my photo's online as well as my documents and a ton of music too.
    0100010 and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-30-11 05:17 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=648215

Just got 50 Giga for free from BOX.NET - Hurry up!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-30-11 05:21 PM
    The last post in that thread is 2 weeks old. I didn't say it was never mentioned, but if you did not know it existed then you would miss out. It's in the games and apps forums, and a new owner would likely jump into the main PlayBook forum first.

I only thought it would be a good service to the community to have a sticky that is all, sorry if I offended the "Search First" people with thousands of posts. I've been lurking here for years and it's easy to miss something, especially when the first 3 pages of a forum can have posts from today in it.

I think this topic is more relevant then all the crap about the Kindle Fire...
    09-30-11 05:28 PM
    Lol, I don't care that you posted a duplicate.
    It's probably not stickied because there's no way to know how long the free 50gb deal will last.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 05:31 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=648215

Just got 50 Giga for free from BOX.NET - Hurry up!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    If you dont want to go through that entire thread , this is the other nugget:

If you have an existing Box account (the free 5GB one), you can upgrade it to 50 GB simply by logging in to it using the PlayBook's Box app.
    09-30-11 05:31 PM
    I think it was a nice reminder and more pleasant than some threads around here.
    jeffcrn likes this.
    09-30-11 09:12 PM
    just signed in using my playbook and got my 50 gb of storage space. in fact, this is my first post using my new playbook! lovin it! thanks for the info...
    09-30-11 09:35 PM
    so just out of curiosity what do people utillize box.net for?

09-30-11 10:42 PM

So far i have used it mostly for comics, and various docs that I want available if needed without leaving it on my PB for storage.

And to the OP I think its cool you reposted. If you dowloaded the CB app sticky threads arent seen there so its cool sometimes for old posts to show up on the feed.
    09-30-11 11:01 PM

i take screenshots of peoples wall on my facebook and upload it to box.net so i could email her the link so that we can gossip
    09-30-11 11:04 PM
    Thanks, I will do it for both my wife's and mine. We love our Playbooks. This is more than what we can get with Blue Box. Hmmm.... is it as secure as Bluebox?
    09-30-11 11:07 PM
    Thank you the cross post - would have missed this otherwise!
    10-01-11 12:39 AM
    I'm uploading pictures, document templates, some saved pdf, a few other files I want to have an archive of (like my ewallet backup and my 1password backup) e-comics, e-books. I have a portfolio of certificates, CAD drawings and renders as well as some pictures from projects I have worked on. It's like having a safety deposit box you can access anytime. I also have some of the same stuff in my dropbox, and I have a harddrive in a fireproof safe for our family photo's and all the other documents I have scanned over the years.

Other uses might be images of receipts for expense reports, I have a photo of my drivers license and insurance cards just because you never know.

It's always nice to be able to say "Let me bring up that invoice/receipt/letter and make sure we have the correct information." I have caught people off guard with that more times than I can count.
    ShushUAE likes this.
    10-01-11 12:43 AM
    I use Box quite often and upload documents, pdfs, presentations for when I'm in the road. My assistant has access to it too so when the document is too large to email, it is uploaded and I can access this from anywhere in the world and to top it off, I can do this with bridge. A little slow but it does the job.

I recommend anyone that is on the road to sign up for this as it saves you carrying it on your PB and has so far been pretty secure.

Enjoy
    10-01-11 01:00 AM

Other uses might be images of receipts for expense reports, I have a photo of my drivers license and insurance cards just because you never know.
    Awesome idea. I was once in an airport trying to get through immigration with my e-gate card which failed without my passport. Fortunately I got through. Will upload my details to avoid another unpleasant discussion with the authorities
    10-01-11 01:05 AM
    Done, thank you for the "don't forget" thing !
    10-01-11 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD