Well with the sales that blackberry had, my husband and I each purchased a 32gb playbook. Mine is still on my backorder but his came in today. I know nothing about the PB so I am looking for some info, that makes me sound like a complete noob LOL. I have been browsing the forums trying to find information on getting the android market on the PB. Being new to all this, I am not really understanding what all is being said, could someone help me figure everything out and maybe walk me through some stuff?? It would be mucho appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
    12-02-11 11:03 PM
    In February 2012, a new operating system for the playbook will be released free of charge from Research in Motion (OS 2). When this comes, so does android market.

There is a leaked version of android market floating around. As well as leaked OS2 versions. But if I were you, I would wait. Just enjoy your playbook as it is for now and in February you can start playing with more new stuff.
    12-02-11 11:16 PM
    best advicei have is wait till febuary/or when os2 is released. unless you are real tech savy.
    12-02-11 11:16 PM
    Awesome thanks. I had heard about the new OS coming out and possibly the android market coming with it but 100% sure. I will just wait until February lol. Any other tricks or tips?? Good Apps??
    12-02-11 11:23 PM
    like they said, you're better off waiting til feb for the update...as for any other questions or concerns you would need to be more specific. however you can check out the pinned threads at the top of this page and in the playbook tablet forums. i'm sure you'll find plenty of answers to your questions there...one quick tip i can give you is to go to your app world and download an app called "discover now". it's varios tutorial videos on the basics of using your playbook. it's very informative and looks like something that should have been included on your playbook...enjoy.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 12-02-11 at 11:31 PM.
    12-02-11 11:28 PM
    Some good "free" apps that I use are "Todays Alarm Clock" which is a great full screen fully loaded alarm clock and weather app.

I also use "Poynt" which is an excellent local search program and is also free.

Other apps I have installed are "Speedtest" which tests wifi speeds. "Air Browser" which is a pretty decent file manager. Both are also free.

I also use "My File Manager" which allows me to store files on my blackberry bold 9900s memory card and copy them back and forth. It was 2 bucks I think.

Some games you might like would be stuff like Pinball Deluxe, Bejeweled 2, Machinarium, Dead Space, Starfront, Free Solitaire, Power Pong.

There are thousands of apps and games to enjoy, with more coming every day.

Hope your playbook brings you as much entertainment as mine does for me.
    12-02-11 11:30 PM
    Yes, here's a tip....you can do a screen capture on your playbook by pressing the two volume control buttons down simultaneously. The snapshot will be saved in "pictures".
    12-02-11 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD