Hi everyone, I know this is a big request but perhaps someone has easy suggestions and/or links. I was so excited to receive a PB for xmas and keep hearing about all the amazing things I can do with it, but all I've been able to figure out without going cross-eyed after trying to weed through post after post or google searches--- is how to use my browser and a few apps!

More specifically, I want to get some books and try this out as an e-reader and also how I can watch movies on this please! Whats the simplest way for a newbie?? My desktop computer is a an iMac and I also have the bb9780 - i know there is something about bridging I can do? LOL sorry i really am i rookie!

I have ordered a microHDMI so that will be next on my list for learning.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, please and thanks!
    01-01-12 09:18 PM
    First things first. On your 9780, go to App World and download Bridge. Activate that.
    bleedoilerblue likes this.
    01-01-12 09:21 PM
    Second, read this Newbie Tips and Tricks for Playbook.
    Click on the link below my signature.. info in there for your issues.

Welcome to the forums!
    01-01-12 09:26 PM
    kobo is a book app. there are some free books some not so expensive books, but i like the way it works for reading. i do not have anything to compare it to. i have a 9780 as well and it is much better then reading on there.
    01-01-12 09:27 PM
    if you want to start off with basic ebook reading, transfer some pdf files to the playbook and use the included adobe reader.

you can also use the included kobo reader to download paid and free books. comes with two books when you register.
    01-01-12 09:30 PM
    WOW. this could get big. Your a Mac user. good. I'm an Apple tech and can be a big help to you with Apple/playbook stuff. As for eBooks, load them on to the playbook into the books folder (connect the playbook to the mac, on playbook in settings turn on file sharing, then open finder and copy the files over, books in books, video in video and so on.

If your not much of a high end computer user, PM me, we can use ichat and walk you through this stuff if needed.

heres a link to my media streaming solution or Mac users: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ok-os7-681560/

Chat soon, i'm sure we will.
    01-01-12 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD