Got a new 64 GB PB and passing my 32GB to my partner. Nothing sensitive on there so no real need to wipe, but can I just change the BB id from mine to hers under the BB id menu. Is it really that simple? Actually trying to get video chat to work between the two and research on hear suggests each PB needs a separate I'd logged in
    09-14-12 04:02 AM
    You will need to wipe before you can change the BBID on the old PB.
    09-14-12 05:15 AM
    Thanks. I suspected it was looking too easy.
    At least transferring data to the new PB should be easier with this facility in the BB desktop. Not tried it yet. Maybe it was there before the latest update and I never noticed it!!
    09-14-12 05:32 AM
    I tried to transfer data from a second playbook and this would not work, it started then failed, so not sure if using the desktop software would work, so it would be a simple copy and paste via a computer.
    09-14-12 11:27 AM
    Used desktop and transferred everything from old PB to new one. Dead easy. Just worked. All apps came across, data, pictures, the lot. Strange thing tho when went back to old one to delete the stuff it seemed to automatically do a wipe. No problem for me as I was going to wipe anyway. Brilliant.
    09-16-12 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD