OK everyone I just ordered 2 playbook from staples. Now I want everyone to tell me what I need to know to go from out of the box to the latest updates and on to bridged surfing the internet in the least amount of time. Also what is this 2.0 thing I keep hearing about? It better be a update existing playbooks can download or my wife and I will be sending these back. Help any and everyone
    09-14-11 10:13 AM
    congrats on your order. guess you couldnt wait, lol. 2.0 is just a software update which is suppose to make the playbook even better than it is. adds extras on it and all. i sure hope it comes out soon. once you power on the playbook it will tell you how things work. a quick set up guide then it will run an update if your software isnt up to date. (that happen to mine when i bought it) for your bridge app to surf the net you need to download it to your BB. then just run the app. very very simple, you make sure bluetooth is on for both devices. and connect them. very very simple stuff.
    09-14-11 10:21 AM
    You will almost immediately require access to wifi so make sure it is available.
    09-14-11 11:20 AM
    Yep, power up the PB in range of stable and fast WIFI, follow the prompts to update the software automatically. Whilst updating, download the latest version of BB Bridge to your phone from appworld (if you're not with AT&T) or from the forums here if you are with AT&T. Then just follow your nose and the good advice posted on these forums, piece of cake
    09-14-11 11:30 AM
    I guess you want to video chat with yourself
    derekjdech likes this.
    09-14-11 11:31 AM
    We have 2 in our house. The video chat works well as a baby monitor.
    Be sure to download the bridge from the first post in this forum. At$t won't allow you to use the bridge browser otherwise.
    KermEd likes this.
    09-14-11 12:02 PM
    ok everyone my wife and i got our playbooks today and all i can say WOW!!! everything went smooth and easy. blackberry bridge is as good as it can be. i'm in love
    09-15-11 07:55 PM
    ok everyone my wife and i got our playbooks today and all i can say WOW!!! everything went smooth and easy. blackberry bridge is as good as it can be. i'm in love
    Glad you like it, now maybe you can try to figure out why anyone that has used it would bash it, I still cant figure it out as I cant put mine down
    KermEd and sk8er_tor like this.
    09-15-11 09:30 PM
    Just got a PB yesterday and absolutely love it!
    There definitely seems a lot of bashing, but so far I can't see why.

Yes, it would be nice if there were some more apps/games available, but obviously if I was that troubled, I'd get Android Player.

Anyway, loving this so far and can't put it down, especially for the price!
    dakid2k6, KermEd and sk8er_tor like this.
    09-16-11 07:35 AM
    Glad you like it, now maybe you can try to figure out why anyone that has used it would bash it, I still cant figure it out as I cant put mine down
    i agree with you. people bash it alot dont know why, maybe because they have been bashing rim for a long time. anyway, i cant go a day without using it. my wife is getting to like it, she did shopping on it yesterday and loved how it was exactly like the laptop, saved her so much time.
    i do wish like others for more apps but hey i didnt buy it for that. if i wanted only apps i would hurry install app player or would of gotten other tablets.
    KermEd likes this.
    09-16-11 09:19 AM
    if the price drop by the time 2.0 is released, i may get one for the kidz/wife..
    KermEd likes this.
    09-16-11 12:01 PM
    I have a hard time putting mine down as well. I still just love it. I hope 2.0 update does not effect the blackberry bridge function as that is the most important feature to me not haveing to pay another dang data plan
    09-18-11 11:17 AM
    IIRC, the only thing the very short UI tutorial (less than a minute?) doesn't mention is bezel scrolling. Start with your finger/thumb on the screen, slide it to the bezel and the first 3-4mms will allow scrolling. The bezel scrolling action is a little more direct than the beautiful liquid movement on the screen. Bezeling�, is a great way to cut down on finger prints (which are best removed with a microfiber cloth such as provided OEM).
    KermEd likes this.
    09-18-11 11:51 AM
    I have a hard time putting mine down as well. I still just love it. I hope 2.0 update does not effect the blackberry bridge function as that is the most important feature to me not haveing to pay another dang data plan
    If anything, v2.0 will only improve on the existing BB Bridge. Enjoy your PlayBook!!!
    KermEd likes this.
    09-18-11 11:53 AM
    Congrats, hope you enjoy them as they are. Has it's quirks but everything does. The update should take care of most quirks and make improvements all around.
    KermEd likes this.
    09-18-11 12:00 PM
    Yep, power up the PB in range of stable and fast WIFI, follow the prompts to update the software automatically. Whilst updating, download the latest version of BB Bridge to your phone from appworld (if you're not with AT&T) or from the forums here if you are with AT&T. Then just follow your nose and the good advice posted on these forums, piece of cake
    Or if you refuse to run Appworld on your phone...
    09-18-11 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD