You need to have your position found and the directions set so it can start talking.

"When possible, please make a u-turn" ^^

That's what i get the most lol

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-28-12 03:48 AM
    difference between the free osmand app and the newer paid one (6.99$)? also android ported?....
    08-28-12 04:22 AM
    difference between the free osmand app and the newer paid one (6.99$)? also android ported?....
    Read the limitations in the free app ;

- number of map downloads
    - no access to wikipedia offline POIs
    08-28-12 05:26 AM
    Looks like the free version free version is no longer available in appworld.
    08-31-12 06:17 PM
    Looks like the free version free version is no longer available in appworld.
    It'll be soon. From yesterday I'm part of OsmAnd team, so app published by me is not for sale anymore.

I'm working on a fix to redirect existing users of OsmAnd for BB Playbook to the official release, but still don't know whether it'll work
    09-01-12 05:28 AM
    I have been using Navigator for a while, and decided to try Osmand to check it out. When I went to download some maps, I came to the exact same set up as Navigator uses. Just now trying to see if I have downloaded 2 sets of maps or if both programs are using the same set.
    Last edited by Taka313; 09-01-12 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Changed profile
    09-01-12 09:04 AM
    Official OsmaAnd free and paid is available on App World
    09-13-12 03:17 AM
    I have been using Navigator for a while, and decided to try Osmand to check it out. When I went to download some maps, I came to the exact same set up as Navigator uses. Just now trying to see if I have downloaded 2 sets of maps or if both programs are using the same set.
    Unless something's changed recently, they don't use the same set, although they're the identical maps. I'm not technical enough to know if you can somehow point one of the apps to the files of the other. You can clearly see where the maps are stored by using a PlayBook file manager or PC Windows Explorer. Maybe someone else can tell us how to point to the same file directory.
    09-13-12 01:55 PM
    I have followed most of this thread, but may have missed this.

How does one keep the Playbook screen from timing out. I can only find a setting that allows me 5 min.

I am using Navigator.

thks
    09-26-12 02:17 PM
    Hey.

It doesnt.

I don't know if it is on this thread or at another regarding the same subject, but there's an app on App World that does the trick(its like "keep the screen on or something").

You can also try Battery Guru(paid in app world) that as "No sleep mode". Since i never tried it, i can't give you personal feedback, but some users already used it!
    09-27-12 02:05 AM

OsmAnd uses Open Street Maps, so if Navigator uses them too, that may be the problem.

Link ur PB to the PC(or via wifi), go to misc/android/osmand and search for the maps and see if they same name as in Navigator
    09-27-12 02:07 AM
    free app fo keeping your screen active is 'Keep Screen Alive'.
    Free Keep screen alive - Download Keep screen alive - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Hey.

It doesnt.

I don't know if it is on this thread or at another regarding the same subject, but there's an app on App World that does the trick(its like "keep the screen on or something").

You can also try Battery Guru(paid in app world) that as "No sleep mode". Since i never tried it, i can't give you personal feedback, but some users already used it!
    Mythos_LSX likes this.
    09-27-12 09:06 AM
    Got a stupid question, for testing I set my workplace as a destination (checkered flag icon) and now I can't remove it and now no matter how far away it still points to it and gives the miles to it on screen. I've checked every known menu and I thought it was deleted , but the icon and pointer still exists. How do I get rid of this?
    09-30-12 01:24 AM
    You need to set another destination, because the app saves the last one(it also may save the route).
    09-30-12 04:39 AM
    Swipe down from the top, then hit the "Clear Destin." box.
    09-30-12 06:49 AM
    I tried osmand on the pb a few months back and it just didnt work very well.
    Thanks op I will be updating and giving it another try.
    09-30-12 09:57 AM
    There is a update in AppWorld, I would have downloaded it but there is a significant size reduction, from 11 to 6 mb. I wonder if they have reduced the feature set or what. http://osmand.net/en/blog/75-osmand-083-released.html states the change log but nothing on size reduction.
    10-14-12 12:40 AM
    Overall stability of the app was improved. And about size reduction, previous version had native libs included, which don't work on PlayBook (android runtime limitation). Version 0.8.3 doesn't include native libs (-5mb)

There is a update in AppWorld, I would have downloaded it but there is a significant size reduction, from 11 to 6 mb. I wonder if they have reduced the feature set or what. OsmAnd 0.8.3 released states the change log but nothing on size reduction.
    adi_vastava likes this.
    10-14-12 02:43 AM
    The app is now released for the playbook specifically. version 8.2
    11-11-12 01:04 PM
    I see a free version and two paid versions. Anyone have reviews or sort out what's what in these various versions?
    11-11-12 01:36 PM
    I see a free version and two paid versions. Anyone have reviews or sort out what's what in these various versions?
    2 paid ??? App world goes wild again
    11-12-12 02:51 AM
    One of the paid apps is version 8.2, the other is version 8.3. The main difference between paid and free is the number of maps you can download for offline use, I believe.
    11-12-12 06:28 AM
    I only see 0.8.3 as the available versions - where do you get the 8.2 that is specifically for the PB?
    11-12-12 11:56 AM
    Something went wrong with app world backend yesterday. Because 0.8.2 was never intended for sale (it's an unofficial version), it was not posted for sale ever. But due to app world error apps not posted for sale appeared in app world store. It should be fixed now or within a few hours.
    11-12-12 12:07 PM
    Something went wrong with app world backend yesterday. Because 0.8.2 was never intended for sale (it's an unofficial version), it was not posted for sale ever. But due to app world error apps not posted for sale appeared in app world store. It should be fixed now or within a few hours.
    What's the support plan for purchasers of 0.8.2?
    11-12-12 01:31 PM
184 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD