So the app itself will show you 0.8.1 (what the real app binary/ apk is..) While the appworld / PB application manager will say 1.3 (What the person who ported has put in the .bar)

So now new maps then :s Crap

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-07-12 09:43 AM
    I don't know for sure but I don't think that the MAPS are actually part of the app. I think the app grabs maps from a 3rd party source - Open Street Maps, I think I've read.
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    08-07-12 10:08 AM
    So now new maps then :s Crap

Says what? Offline vector maps have nothing to do with which version you're running.
    08-07-12 10:08 AM
    Says what? Offline vector maps have nothing to do with which version you're running.

Ok.

So now, how do i search for an updated map?

08-07-12 10:13 AM
    I don't know for sure but I don't think that the MAPS are actually part of the app. I think the app grabs maps from a 3rd party source - Open Street Maps, I think I've read.

Tks man

When i get home i'll search this site for any good news...

08-07-12 10:21 AM
    Because i'm very anxious i couldnt wait and a way to ask my question at the OSM forums...

If i get an answer, i'll report

08-07-12 10:53 AM
    1.3 seems to be the Appworld package number (What the guy has put who packaged it and put it in appworld)
    The original app is at 0.8.1 official release (for Andorid).. youcan check this on their official website..
    So the app itself will show you 0.8.1 (what the real app binary/ apk is..) While the appworld / PB application manager will say 1.3 (What the person who ported has put in the .bar)

Yeah, you are right!

Just got that answer from the Dev himself ^^

08-07-12 10:55 AM
    can someone post the bar file? thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-12 10:57 AM
    search in "good-e-reader.com"

It's there!

08-07-12 11:33 AM
    can someone post the bar file? thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    I believe it is actually in Appworld.
    08-07-12 11:40 AM
    I believe it is actually in Appworld.

It actually is!

I got mine from there.

But since it was already said for many times in this same post, i guessed that he doesnt have access to app world...

And also because he's using BB runtime for Android(but... if he has an android device he should have access to the native app... :/)

08-07-12 11:44 AM
    08-07-12 12:04 PM
    Lol , yeah, weird...

Maybe it's 1.3 for Android an .81 for PB... dunno :s

I found out from the Osmand support. 0.8.1 beta is the latest for everyone, including Android phones. The 1.3 is a typo.
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    08-07-12 12:31 PM
    I found out from the Osmand support. 0.8.1 beta is the latest for everyone, including Android phones. The 1.3 is a typo.

Yeah , i know

I contacted the dev and he told me

08-07-12 12:39 PM

Tks

I'll try that when i can

08-07-12 12:42 PM
    So,

Now i�m trying to use Mapcreator to create a new map for the APP.

Let�s hope the map i dlded is an updated one ^^
    08-07-12 01:47 PM
    As anyone who is running 2.1 beta will likely tell you, this is no longer a problem. Android apps run very stable and the player virtually never locks up.
    That's nice. When (if) 2.1 is released I'll take advantage of that.
    08-07-12 02:42 PM
    So,

Now i�m trying to use Mapcreator to create a new map for the APP.

Let�s hope the map i dlded is an updated one ^^
    The maps used in OsmAnd are free open source maps from Open Street Map.
    The maps in your area are not very detailed. They are maintained by volunteers such as myself.
    Here is an example of your area (I think) in Open Street Map and Google Maps.

They are about as good as they are going to get until someone in your area updates them.
    PedroBorgas and beavertail2 like this.
    08-07-12 03:21 PM
    I would love to use the Google map instead...

Can you turn it into an .obf?

The attached file is my view when i get home. It uses the osm map that you also posted...

Any help?
    08-07-12 03:50 PM
    I would love to use the Google map instead...

Can you turn it into an .obf?

The attached file is my view when i get home. It uses the osm map that you also posted...

Any help?
    08-07-12 03:51 PM
    Edit: double post...
    08-07-12 03:52 PM
    I downloaded OsmAnd on my PB the other day and I found it a little bit confusing at first. When I started poking around deeply enough in the menu system and flicking the correct "switches", the app started doing what it's supposed to do. I downloaded the offline vector maps I wanted AND got various online map providers (including Google maps!) running on the app too. It functions really well through BB Bridge and locates GPS position quite well once it gets its first lock-on. I was actually very impressed with the quality, detail and completeness of the Mapnik/Open Maps data sources in my locality, anyway - often better than Google, even! I haven't tried the voice turn-by-turn as I have another mapping app that already has it. It runs really solid, stable and smooth. I like how it automatically rotates the map according to both the internal magnetometer readings as well as the GPS. I think this is one of the best Android ports I have yet to see for PlayBook and has a lot of potential to compete with countless other apps out there. I really like it!
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 08-08-12 at 03:33 AM.
    beavertail2, FF22 and Toodeurep like this.
    08-08-12 03:29 AM
    got various online map providers (including Google maps!) running on the app too.
    May I ask how you do that.

I am a less than a week old user. For a beta this is really solid.

Funny, the voice turn-by-turn keeps telling me to keep left, must be thinking I am driving in UK . The left hand driving switch doesn't turn it off...minor issue.
    08-08-12 09:03 AM
    May I ask how you do that.
    I think the first thing you need to do in the menu system is go to Settings> Plugin Manager> Online Maps. Click the "Online Maps" option to enable your PB to download from online mapping sources, first and foremost: It's an orange "radio button". Then you have to go into Settings> Online Maps> and check the box next to "Online maps (tiles)". While you're in Settings> Online Maps go to the Settings> Online Maps> Tile map source sub menu and you'll find a list of map providers. At the very bottom of the list is an item called "Install more...". Click on the radio button next to it and there will be a list of more map providers *including* Google Maps.

It's bloody complicated, I know. Good luck!
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 08-09-12 at 01:51 AM.
    beavertail2 and chevee like this.
    08-08-12 07:03 PM
    If it works i will worship you

08-09-12 01:00 AM
184 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD