I'm just trying to spread some (hopefully) useful ideas.

What do you guys think about swiping from the bottom right corner to activate a temporary on screen track-pad and mouse cursor? As is it's the only corner that doesn't do anything, and it seems to me that many websites still require a mouse cursor to hover over things in order to operate certain features (and it may sometimes be preferable over zooming in for pinpoint navigation).

My brother recently got a Galaxy Note 2, and from what I can tell it's the only mobile device in existence that's anywhere close to being compatible with every form of web navigation. A native "swipe on swipe off" mouse cursor would not only match that functionality, but be more convenient than pulling out a pen.

And maybe they could throw in some arrow keys on the track pad (or anywhere) to make formatting text a little more bearable.

(Also, I think it would be good if the side bezels would scroll the page when you swipe across them so that I could scroll without accidentally hitting links.)
    (Also also, it would be nice if I could swipe the tablet from the top to bottom to turn the screen off, much faster than the tiny button, and IMO it would be fairly intuitive.)
    Crowezine and Zildjian71 like this.
    01-10-13 05:23 AM
    You can already put it to sleep with the top to bottom but this would be an amazing idea.

The thing about mobile computing is you have to fit the UI to the device, this swiping thing is damn cool and the mouse would be icing.

If RIM really wants to kill off Android and Iphone this would be the way.

The only phones left would be the ones above the 5" aristo (rumor) but even then... There's a playbook.

Lol this is epic patent this idea bro.

edit - I think what they also need to do is make settings that are transparent and simple; even on android I put CM9 or 7? (ICS) on my sister's phone and havn't even tried playing with all the settings.

Make this the phone that smart people use, but dumb people love.
    01-10-13 05:33 AM
    I should have patented the idea. I proposed that more than a year ago but you and RIM may use it freely. The Blue Arrows drive me crazy. They are never where I want them and move, rather JUMP, to another place I do not want them. I want more control over the cursor on the pb and not with a separate mouse, keyboard/etc.
    jamesharmeling and Zildjian71 like this.
    01-10-13 09:09 AM
    I think it's an awesome idea. I think I remember F2 posting about it, but I'll give the credit to the op today for bringing it BACK!

Back in Black(Berry)! C'mon BB10!!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-10-13 10:47 AM
    This would be a nice addition to the playbook. I frequently rely on the remote control feature of my bridged 9810 to tame those uncooperative pull down menus.
    01-10-13 08:57 PM