One little tablet packed with the best of Blackberry. - Future Shop

Nice to see the new operating system being advertised and playbooks at the sales prices.
    GibsMcWooley likes this.
    02-17-12 05:23 AM
    Very nice looking ad. One of the most informative i have seen.
    02-17-12 05:52 AM
    And because nothing beats actual face time, the tablet’s two HD video cameras and stereo speakers allow video chatting between anyone who has a BlackBerry PlayBook.
    02-17-12 07:43 AM
    And because nothing beats actual face time, the tablet�s two HD video cameras and stereo speakers allow video chatting between anyone who has a BlackBerry PlayBook.
    That is a terrible line in the ad. What the consumer sees is above.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-17-12 07:45 AM
    Nice to see Futureshop giving the Playbook as much love in their ads as they do for Apple products. Hope this tread keeps up, because we all know Blackberry > Apple. But of course I am preaching to the choir
    yauchunh likes this.
    02-17-12 07:48 AM
    Yeah I wonder if they are going to push ads for others like staples and walmart? Actually scratch walmart their Canadian site is probably the worst in have ever seen lol. This is awesome though I am liking it!
    02-17-12 08:09 AM
    Nice to see Futureshop giving the Playbook as much love in their ads as they do for Apple products. Hope this tread keeps up, because we all know Blackberry > Apple. But of course I am preaching to the choir

Best Buy Canada has virtually the same ad. I think we are seeing some of that 100 million $ ad money coming together.
    02-17-12 08:23 AM
    Wow that was the best ad I have seen yet for the playbook. Short and very informative.
    My only criticism is the reference to the video chat as "face time". Probably should of chosen another frase so as to not look like an Apple wanna be.
    02-17-12 09:04 AM
    The Future Shop advertisement definitely reads like somebody within Research In Motion's marketing team finally has a clue. There is a misleading factual error in the advertisement about BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0 which might lead one to think BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 is a new hardware product rather than the more accurate interpretation of it being an upgrade to the operating system and user environment. Alas, overall I give this advertisement an 8.5 out of 10.
    02-17-12 10:24 AM
    i wonder if they will have WORKING display units for the people attracted by the adds.....so hope so.
    02-17-12 10:27 AM
    Best Buy Canada has virtually the same ad. I think we are seeing some of that 100 million $ ad money coming together.
    This might be because BestBuy owns FutureShop. Makes it easier to share costs...
    02-17-12 11:04 AM
    Good. Maybe they are responding to posts here complaining about poor service from their computer and tablet customer service people.
    02-17-12 11:49 AM
    The follow up link on Best Buy contains a bit more info- but in all these cases it gives the impression you can vid chat over bridge via the handset (given BT transfer rates, if it was possible, you'd look like Max Headroom (better google that, folks)!
    02-17-12 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD