Updated the display playbook at work, noticed it was not going into demo mode.
    Now when I try to turn bridge mode on it asks for a retailer code.....
    Anyone see any information on this?

Edit: Password is "instoredemo"
    Last edited by Parum; 07-19-11 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Solved
    Diana Graham likes this.
    07-19-11 10:20 AM
    Updated the display playbook at work, noticed it was not going into demo mode.
    Now when I try to turn bridge mode on it asks for a retailer code.....
    Anyone see any information on this?
    No information on it, but I suspect the code is there to protect us from ourselves as "Any media files created while this feature is on will be deleted during the demo". Don't want to have your pics, vids, and voicenotes erased, do you?
    07-19-11 10:35 AM
    I guess that must be what they were talking about with the "Enhanced Demo Mode" that was talked about.
    07-19-11 10:42 AM
    thank God.
    I was really hoping for this. :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 10:44 AM
    No information on it, but I suspect the code is there to protect us from ourselves as "Any media files created while this feature is on will be deleted during the demo". Don't want to have your pics, vids, and voicenotes erased, do you?
    As an actual Demo unit on display at work. (I work at staples)
    This would be a good thing. Saves me for having to wipe the unit to get rid of peoples weird pictures and all the apps.
    07-19-11 10:53 AM
    thank God.

It wasn't for us, which is why it's not in the official announcement. Didn't someone bring up the fact that the display units in the retail stores are a disaster at the AGM? RIM said they would try to do better and this is probably part of it.
    07-19-11 11:21 AM
    Nice that they have new features and all, but documentation would help to go along with it. How the heck do I enable demo mode now??? I get the popup asking for retailer code and I have no idea what I am suppose to enter here. I tried making up something, I tried my App World login. Now I am stuck and need to get a bunch of devices shipped out today to some retail stores.

thanks in advance!
    07-19-11 11:29 AM
    OK,
    So the password if anyone is interested is "instoredemo"

Enjoy
    07-19-11 01:25 PM
    w00t! thanks a lot Parum!
    07-19-11 01:56 PM
    thank God.

Hahaha
    07-19-11 02:34 PM
    After enabling demomode with retailer code: "instoredemo" you are prompted to enter a new retailer code. One side effect of enabling demo mode is that the preferences are now also protected. This will unfortunately prevent someone from testing the bridge instore (not that I would).

An additional concern I have with demo mode is that it does nothing to showcase what the device can do. It only shows the excellent video playback resolution. RIM needs to have a more tutorial demo running. Show passersby how to turn it on. Show them how to switch apps. Show them multitasking. Intersperse those brief tutorials up with clips showcasing the video playback. Make someone want to touch the display (although I'll admit the manatee and turtle are begging to be petted).
    07-19-11 02:38 PM
    If I turn on Demo Mode, will it delete all media on my device or just media created while in demo mode?

I thought that Enhanced Demo Mode would allow me to select which video I wanted to play while the device is sleeping. This would solve the problem of the demo video being deleted due to a wipe, but also allow me to have a custom video playing while the device is charging.

I guess the demo mode is not meant to be used by Playbook owners - just resellers.
    07-19-11 03:18 PM
    As an actual Demo unit on display at work. (I work at staples)
    This would be a good thing. Saves me for having to wipe the unit to get rid of peoples weird pictures and all the apps.
    Wait, you also delete apps that people download... Thus having a bare playbook when people come in and look at one?... ...
    07-19-11 03:41 PM
    If I turn on Demo Mode, will it delete all media on my device or just media created while in demo mode?
    New media. Media existing prior to demo mode is preserved. (Tested and confirmed)
    07-19-11 03:43 PM
    i have the demo mode on my blackberry z10 and the password "instoredemo" doesn't work i cant get in my settings to factory reset it because it keeps asking for the demo mode password. What do i do?
    04-29-13 07:48 PM
    i have the demo mode on my blackberry z10 and the password "instoredemo" doesn't work i cant get in my settings to factory reset it because it keeps asking for the demo mode password. What do i do?
    You might get answers on the z10 in its subforum. How did you get it into demo mode? Call your carrier.
    dervonne likes this.
    04-29-13 09:38 PM
    What is the blackberry demo code
    09-08-13 05:55 PM
    What is the blackberry demo code
    Their devices can be set up to run sample apps in, well, DEMO mode. I don't recall how to enable it but when terminated, it erases stuff like photos and other data that has been created or downloaded while the device was in demo mode.
    09-08-13 07:53 PM
    Their devices can be set up to run sample apps in, well, DEMO mode. I don't recall how to enable it but when terminated, it erases stuff like photos and other data that has been created or downloaded while the device was in demo mode.
    It does more than that. It erases all media, period. Don't ask how I know that. You're better off not knowing the password.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-08-13 08:15 PM
    It does more than that. It erases all media, period. Don't ask how I know that. You're better off not knowing the password.
    How do you know that? THANK YOU for your experience in this matter!!!!!
    09-08-13 09:07 PM
    How do you know that?
    I said don't ask. But I'll give you one guess.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-08-13 10:35 PM
    To all those android fan boys who always said live wall papers only work on androids well guess what I'm gonna use my retail demo as live wall paper on blackberry passport....woohooo
    09-27-15 04:10 PM