I'm not 100% convinced we'll see a PB update, BUT who knows, THERE IS a developer preview out there.
    06-28-12 08:11 AM
    The Playbook 4G which has the production 2.1 OS will be available in July. And this is the end of June so I'm not suprised that we got a bridge update. Maybe another couple of weeks we'll see the official 2.1
    06-28-12 08:14 AM
    In the past, the bridge updates before a OS update seem to come just hours before.
    Judging by the app world summary and the recent reports of this issue from people on this forum it seems to be just a bug fixes.
    06-28-12 09:00 AM
    I was hoping this update would have fixed a problem I'm having with opening the bridge email on my PlayBook after upgrading to the 2.1 beta OS on the PlayBook. Still no difference after upgrading, when I open bridge email on the PlayBook it just alternates flashing between a black and white screen.

Mike
    06-28-12 09:10 AM
    I was hoping this update would have fixed a problem I'm having with opening the bridge email on my PlayBook after upgrading to the 2.1 beta OS on the PlayBook. Still no difference after upgrading, when I open bridge email on the PlayBook it just alternates flashing between a black and white screen.

Mike
    When a Bridge update comes out, I usually take the following steps to ensure that everything works as intended:

1. Trun Bridge off on the Playbook.
    2. Delete the phone as a bridged device on the Playbook.
    3. Delete Playbook from phone's Bridge settings
    4. Turn Bridge off on the phone.
    5. Delete the Bridge app on phone.
    6. Download the new Bridge app.
    7. Install and turn on the Bridge.
    8. Re-pair the phone and the Playbook.

It's a little extra work, but it guarantees that I haven't overlaid new conde onto existing code and don't have any stray legacy settings that might interfere.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    06-28-12 10:22 AM
    When a Bridge update comes out, I usually take the following steps to ensure that everything works as intended:

It's a little extra work, but it guarantees that I haven't overlaid new conde onto existing code and don't have any stray legacy settings that might interfere.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried all variations of that several times without any luck. I suspect it's a problem with compatibility between the phone app and the beta of the PlayBook software. Is anybody else running the beta PlayBook OS and experiencing this problems?

Mike
    06-28-12 10:49 AM

Mike
    See if this post matches your problem. The answer may be in post #9

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-load-731661/
    06-28-12 11:04 AM
    See if this post matches your problem. The answer may be in post #9

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-load-731661/
    Yes the OP message describes what I'm seeing as well and the solution in post #9 works. At least I know I'm not the only one with the problem and I do know that this problem only started for me the moment I installed the Beta 2.1 so that's most likely where it is. I'll just wait for the official version of PlayBook OS to show up, or maybe even an update to the beta.

Thanks for the work around.

Mike
    06-28-12 11:14 AM
    Where is Murphy? So far today, no network errors.
    06-28-12 11:32 AM

Just to clarify a good post, even after re-pairing the PB and my BB phone, I had to go into the Bridge settings on the PB tools menu, select the BB phone, and enter some codes into my BB phone to get the connections to take. Re-pairing alone on the PB BlueTooth menu will not complete the Bridge.
    06-28-12 11:35 AM
    For me it is Bridge verion x.32 instead of x.35 :S
    06-28-12 03:11 PM
    For me it is Bridge verion x.32 instead of x.35 :S
    Depends on what OS is on your phone to what bridge version you get.
    06-28-12 03:28 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD