Basically your website is what everyone wishes the BlackBerry World for the PlayBook would be. I think it's a great idea! Hopefully you can convince some developers to start porting their apps over.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    06-21-14 04:11 PM
    Just wanted to keep the thread going. It dropped off the CB list. Nothing new to add.
    06-22-14 12:09 AM
    I have two playbooks at my house. I would need some new apps for those . I kinda like the project but I wish we can get enough manpower for maintaining the store
    06-22-14 02:23 AM
    Yes!!!
    Thats a great idea!

Posted via Q10Bold
    06-22-14 02:28 AM
    Thank you all for the support. My main concentration for the moment is to build an application installer for the PBook's bar files so that in store you would only need to download the application rather than me uploading it to your playbooks. This would also help speed up the process of retrieving the applications as I would only be able to handle limited number of customers at once using the uploading method, hence you would be doing the installation process yourselves.
    Last edited by playbooksolutions; 06-22-14 at 04:34 PM.
    ViBogdan likes this.
    06-22-14 11:40 AM
    Subscribing to this, will be interesting to see how it pans out.
    06-22-14 05:47 PM
    Brilliant!!! All the best wishes for the project!
    06-22-14 07:00 PM
    Thank you all for the support. My main concentration for the moment is to build an application installer for the PBook's bar files so that in store you would only need to download the application rather than me uploading it to your playbooks.
    Talk to the guys at goodereader about that. I believe they put some effort behind trying to get an "app store" like that set up, but couldn't get around the fact that you have to side-load applications to get them to install on the PB. Not sure if anyone ever figured out how to directly install bar files on the PB.

By the way, did I see something about a 1-2 year timeline? I hope that's not the case. Not for your efforts, however in 1-2 years I doubt that there will be many PB users left to take advantage of a database like this. We're already starting to see hardware failures from time to time, or people just getting fed up with the PB and getting rid of them. User base is shrinking over time, and I'd even gander to say that by the end of this year, user base will probably seen another level of shrinkage.

As for the apps you would want to convert first, I would suggest polling the forums. No sense in converting an app that no one will use. I know it's been talked about over and over again, BUT if by some way of magic you can get the Netflix app to run on the PB, you'll see some big sales volumes.
    06-23-14 06:12 AM
    Great idea! I hope it works out for you.
    06-23-14 08:20 AM
    It looks like you might have to speed up any plans to get this moving after Blackberry decision to let Amazon be responsible for apps for fun. Makes you wonder what the future has instore for BB World PlayBook.
    06-23-14 03:19 PM
    Nice one bro, and can we make suggestions of apps to bring in?
    06-23-14 03:42 PM
    You can comment your application suggestions here.
    06-24-14 05:46 AM
    I just need my Playbook to work with my Home theatre system. Please consider getting a good app for Plex or Yamaha app.
    06-26-14 08:45 PM
    Yes please this will be a great idea.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-27-14 11:23 PM
    If you start now by contacting Developers and building a relationship, then maybe you can achieve what BlackBerry struggled to achieve for this great device.

What are your thoughts now, with the feedback you've received so far? Have you decided on a Timeline?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    06-28-14 02:14 AM
    Great idea! Count me as one of the customers!

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on Cosmote Romania
    06-28-14 10:03 AM
    I am building an application installer at the moment, it is in an early stage but I presume that it should take between 1 to 2weeks, maybe more, not quite sure. I was thinking to make the installer the first product for either �1 or 1.5 up for grabs. It basically revolves around the idea that it will allow you to install the applications directly. Let me know what you think about it being the first product and the price.
    06-28-14 02:16 PM
    I'll gladly pay.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 03:14 PM
    I'd pay for an installer. I'm thinking something like Snap for BB10 right?
    06-28-14 04:21 PM
    I am building an application installer at the moment, it is in an early stage but I presume that it should take between 1 to 2weeks, maybe more, not quite sure. I was thinking to make the installer the first product for either �1 or 1.5 up for grabs. It basically revolves around the idea that it will allow you to install the applications directly. Let me know what you think about it being the first product and the price.
    Hell yeah I'll pay for it, for my 2 tablets. 😃

06-28-14 04:40 PM
    I'm interested. Please proceed.
    06-29-14 12:03 AM
    The price sounds good. I will be patiently waiting for the installer.
    06-29-14 06:30 AM
    The price is right!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    06-29-14 06:50 AM
    The website has expired now, therefore I'm putting the website preview on hold. However, I will be posting the news about the application installer and further plans as frequently as possible.
    JJStripes likes this.
    07-02-14 05:22 PM
    The website has expired now, therefore I'm putting the website preview on hold. However, I will be posting the news about the application installer and further plans as frequently as possible.
    Thank you for the update.

07-02-14 10:30 PM
149 ... 23456