Hi everyone I just picked up a playbook tablet for cheap and I figured it'd be handy for me around the house as well as for school.

Can anyone tell me what the best features are with the playbook? Any must have apps? What should I use it for most? Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    01-26-14 12:29 AM
    Hi everyone I just picked up a playbook tablet for cheap and I figured it'd be handy for me around the house as well as for school.

Can anyone tell me what the best features are with the playbook? Any must have apps? What should I use it for most? Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    Origami Browser, 'nuff said.

As for games, I really enjoy Pew Pew, Hill Racing, and Jetpack Joyride.
    01-26-14 12:49 AM
    what's so good about that browser?
    01-26-14 12:59 AM
    Try it and see for yourself

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 01:04 AM
    sometimes it's snappier than the native version,,, i use both, native for bookmarks & origami for surfing,,, a few good games are: galaxy of fire 2, modern combat2 (online play via hdmi to tv is fun), sector strike, jetpack joyride....
    01-26-14 03:29 AM
    It's also easy to get it to impersonate a PC/other tablet so you don't get the 'this device is not supported' message or get directed to the tablet version of the web site.

A downside of the PB is a lot of Catchup TV sites don't support it, either wanting a newer version of Flash or Android.

Kindle is available for the PB but it needs sideloading (which adds a few steps to the install process)
    01-26-14 05:29 AM
    Ghost Commander (file manager) and Advanced App Manager free in BB World
    Use HELP icon to find out about PB features
    Explore settings under the gear in the upper right corner
    Good paid apps include Files and Folders, KalemSoft, Pdf Reader and Book Reader and many others BUT NO SKYPE
    01-26-14 10:34 AM
    Have to agree with the browser recommend. Great for surfing most all sites.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 12:53 PM
    cool thanks everyone! seems to work well
    01-26-14 01:02 PM
    what's my best option for twitter?
    01-26-14 01:04 PM
    01-26-14 01:22 PM
    I find the GPS is good in my pick-up especially if u have one of those soft bb shells/trays to protect the back and sides. They are cheap and the tablet is pretty tough by itself. Use HTMI out for movies to smart tv. I have an original bb bluetooth keyboard which is great when traveling also get a magnetic quick charger either stand type or reg. Again cheep these days. May want to install the free comwave ephone for wifi calls.
    Has a pretty good back camera, at least compared to my Gallaxy tab 3. Also has awesome video chat with other playbooks. I like the podcast player. Music sounds great. E-mail is great. Not a gamer so no suggestions there.
    Other than Skype on my android tab, not much my PB doesn't do just as well.
    01-26-14 01:33 PM
    where can I buy that bluetooth keyboard?
    01-26-14 01:42 PM
    Also get Apollo for music using Pandora and Evernote for info storage. The built in calculator is useful but there are many free calculator and converter apps on the PB. It can also be used for voice recordings. Since you don't say what your study interests are one can't suggest specifics but there are specialized apps for several fields. Finally the PB user guide can be downloaded. Find it by Googling.

I use a Bluetooth keyboard left over from my HP Touchpad days. It works OK for typing in info but the expensive and hard to obtain and tinier official keyboard probably supports more functions. Almost any kind of Bluetooth key board not requiring a dongle for operation will work more or less. The PB does not support OTG at least at this time.
    01-26-14 02:09 PM
    cool thanks everyone! seems to work well
    As a new user myself, welcome to the forum and to the playbook.
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    01-26-14 02:49 PM
    Everything old is new again. To somebody or thing.
    01-26-14 03:37 PM
    We were not talking about Meth addiction.
    Roodog46 and Gooseberry Falls like this.
    01-26-14 06:07 PM
    Think the BB version is pretty rare but plenty of others on E-Bay.
    01-27-14 09:04 AM
    where can I buy that bluetooth keyboard?
    I understand the OEM BB model is pretty scares though some non BB ones on Amazon.
    01-27-14 09:05 AM
    We were not talking about Meth addiction.
    Can't do anyfin without meths and I can dose it all see eh? Add, takeaway (no 19 with fried rice), multiplicasions and uvver fings as well see. I luvs meths I does?
    01-27-14 09:08 AM
    I recently snagged a new 32gb playbook, and was wondering is BB still active with this? Like when I get it, if it's not updated to the newest OS, can I just let it update from within, or do I have to sideload? This is my first BB since my Storm was declining in health ( my fault, not it). Since I dont have a BB phone, bridging doesnt matter to me, being this is just a IMO nifty toy/ image, and movie server pretty much. Also even tho it's new, most likely the battery hasnt been even charged or touched since it was built, how hard is it to replace the battery if need be (or 2-4 years down the road)
    01-27-14 09:31 AM
    Meth is such a sad affliction that I find it hard to joke about. Just look at some meth users pictures in the police reports here in Tennessee.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    01-27-14 09:34 AM
    Blaq for Twitter, and Neutron is a phenomenal music app (worth the $4.99 or so)
    01-27-14 09:36 AM
    I recently snagged a new 32gb playbook, and was wondering is BB still active with this? Like when I get it, if it's not updated to the newest OS, can I just let it update from within, or do I have to sideload? This is my first BB since my Storm was declining in health ( my fault, not it). Since I dont have a BB phone, bridging doesnt matter to me, being this is just a IMO nifty toy/ image, and movie server pretty much. Also even tho it's new, most likely the battery hasnt been even charged or touched since it was built, how hard is it to replace the battery if need be (or 2-4 years down the road)
    Charge it and be careful if you are using a micro usb charger as to how you plug it in. With the official Blackberry charger, which should have been in the package,the Black berry symbol is up. Get a rapid travel charger or dock charger which use the magnetic port as soon as you can. Once you get it charged to at least. 75% you can update your OS over the wifi leaving the charger plugged in.

Once you get it setup you can go get Battery Guru ( small cost) from the app store and it will give you info on battery health.

Battery replacement is not easy or cheap. Go to iFixit or some other ref you find on web to see disassemby info. You would ordinarily repace not just a battery but a battery system which includes two batteries and necessary controlling systems mounted in a rack.

See other posts for advice on how to prolong battery life but basically avoid deep draws below 10-20% and ambient temperatures above 95 F preferably. using below 85 F.

Download manual and use Help icon to find out a lot about how to use PB.
    01-27-14 09:56 AM
    Meth is such a sad affliction that I find it hard to joke about. Just look at some meth users pictures in the police reports here in Tennessee.
    Where's tenniserseeeeee?
    01-27-14 11:49 AM
29 12