I bought a playbook for back to school. HUGE mistake. I wish I'd looked here first. It's safe to say that I might have taken a clue from the legions of BB faithful who are so very unhappy with this tablet. What a hunk of ****. The keyboard makes it a hunk of **** I can't even interface with efficiently. I had intended to introduce myself to BB with the PB and then maybe look into getting a 9900 when they become available on ATT, but this thing is going to make people like me steer well clear of BB.

If the phones are as limited in functionality as this thing, how can they even be called "smartphones?" At any rate, it's going back to the retailer. Posthaste.

*goes to check out the Crackberry iPhone forum*
    08-17-11 12:25 PM
    I am far from a defender of the device but you could offer more specifics.

I want more cursor control for fixing typos. Frankly, I don't know what other tablets keyboards are like and if they are better or similarly limited. Glass is not a real keyboard.
    08-17-11 12:36 PM
    Hi There!

First, Welcome to the board of CrackBerry.

Second, I can understand your complains, but did u just bought it or did a bit of research before going into this, - u said 'I had intended to introduce myself to BB with the PB' - because we PlayBook owners are aware of the situation with the PlayBook and Apps and Native stuff and such, but again: i knew this before I went into this PlayBook, and I'm a long time BB User, so I know it will get better, it is just that the manufactur of the product is slow with new things and stuff, it has been for years.
    Problem with this power-tablet is that this waiting for 'coming soon' promises and everything else is hard because you know the PlayBook will rock with these "features" :-D

Third, have fun with your PlayBook, I know u will if u show some patience and be creative when it comes to the short-comings....

Fourth, have a look around and see what the CrackBerry Community have been up to lately with this PlayBeast...

Regards,
    rjkolo and mozzamay like this.
    08-17-11 12:37 PM
    Great first post.
    08-17-11 12:42 PM
    Get the 9900! It will be worthy! Ditch the Playbook. Have had multiple BB's over the last few years and loved them. Bought a Playbook, kept it 7 days and returned it. It seemed like an auxillary screen for my torch 9800. Very dissapointed. But, was happier with my torch after trying the PB. Don't give up on BB. The phones are great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 12:45 PM
    I bought... blah blah blah
    Even I think this is a worthless first post. Roll on the thread lock.
    sk8er_tor and walnuts1024 like this.
    08-17-11 12:50 PM
    I am far from a defender of the device but you could offer more specifics.

I want more cursor control for fixing typos. Frankly, I don't know what other tablets keyboards are like and if they are better or similarly limited. Glass is not a real keyboard.
    If RIM brought over the auto text / correct that is on the BB platform I'm sure that the PB would take the top crown in input across the tablet field. As it is, they're dead bottom at the list currently. iOS gives you a magnifying glass that makes cursor control quite easy, and spell check underlines the word and you highlight the correct work that pops up above it. Android is similar, offers a draggable pointer (much like the PB since 1.0.7), and also has predictive typing that is displayed just above the keyboard for quick word selection. Same goes for spell check, click the underlined word and select the correct one.

In contrast we just gained the ability to move the cursor with a bar in the last update, and the underlined words do nothing when tapped. No auto correct outside the bridge, no predictive lookup, and no spelling check that offers correct spellings.

Inputting text on the PB is a frustrating experience currently.
    kirson likes this.
    08-17-11 12:52 PM
    A brand new device and you have to tell the op to have patience? What a joke!

Yes, Verizon 4G is really that fast!
    08-17-11 12:58 PM
    I bought a playbook for back to school. HUGE mistake. I wish I'd looked here first. It's safe to say that I might have taken a clue from the legions of BB faithful who are so very unhappy with this tablet. What a hunk of ****. The keyboard makes it a hunk of **** I can't even interface with efficiently. I had intended to introduce myself to BB with the PB and then maybe look into getting a 9900 when they become available on ATT, but this thing is going to make people like me steer well clear of BB.

If the phones are as limited in functionality as this thing, how can they even be called "smartphones?" At any rate, it's going back to the retailer. Posthaste.

I returned my PB. The lack of autocorrect, bugs with the notifications and virtually no third party support made the PB pretty much useless. I loved the hardware and gestures, but overall half-baked and woefully undersupported.
    08-17-11 01:12 PM
    So return it and move on...
    dbeir likes this.
    08-17-11 01:16 PM
    Why don't you check out the ipad where you lose all kinds of important formatting like footnotes if you uses Apple's Pages word processor?

Tablets have no place in the "back to school" world. You can't write an academic paper without footnote citations.
    08-17-11 01:17 PM
    Yep that's the playbook either stay away from it or like it as is or have faith the good things are still coming.........if you can wait long enough.
    08-17-11 01:37 PM
    Great, well... Thanks for coming out OP.

Honestly if it isn't working for you return it and try something else.

What works for one person doesn't work for others....

P.S.

Just got the 9900, and as far as I am concerned, it rocks!
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    08-17-11 01:38 PM
    return it, stay away from BBs, you're obviously not qualified.
    Mvor7 and buwee like this.
    08-17-11 01:44 PM
    All tablets are predominantly media consumption devices with input for minor production...if you want a media production tool a laptop or netbook should have been your purchase. Understand the role of these devices before u buy and complain. Do your homework.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    08-17-11 01:44 PM

I'd be willing to bet he never even had a PB.
    danimalchil and dbeir like this.
    08-17-11 01:58 PM
    Even I think this is a worthless first post. Roll on the thread lock.
    Does anyone look into what devices have to offer before buying them? I bought this boat and was made when it didn't fly. Wasted post...
    08-17-11 02:01 PM
    Great first post.
    I'm into it!
    08-17-11 02:13 PM
    I'm into it!
    I missed you.
    08-17-11 02:19 PM
    I missed you.
    You're stuck with me, bubula. The deal with the fujitsu fell through. Besides, I'm doing what the PB does best, surfin' the web.
    08-17-11 02:39 PM
    I'd be willing to bet he never even had a PB.
    Nah, just more jock than nerd.
    08-17-11 02:40 PM
    Why don't you check out the ipad where you lose all kinds of important formatting like footnotes if you uses Apple's Pages word processor?

Tablets have no place in the "back to school" world. You can't write an academic paper without footnote citations.
    Footnotes? Really? THAT's the feature youre going to complain about not having?

Tablet's have no place in the back to school world? Why are some of the world's best colleges offering Ipad versions of textbooks then?

And who would ever type a paper on a tablet?
    08-17-11 02:43 PM
    Btw since when do high school students use the phrase "Posthaste" ?
    08-17-11 02:45 PM
    Btw since when do high school students use the phrase "Posthaste" ?
    This is a tough crowd.
    08-17-11 03:00 PM
    Footnotes? Really? THAT's the feature youre going to complain about not having?

Tablet's have no place in the back to school world? Why are some of the world's best colleges offering Ipad versions of textbooks then?

And who would ever type a paper on a tablet?
    Schools and colleges have no idea of what they are doing. They are doing it for PR purposes and they are getting money from somebody.

We have seen a generation of children who can't do the 3R's properly because the money was misspent on magical technology.
    08-17-11 03:02 PM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD