09-07-12 04:17 PM
356 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    My sunspider score went down from 2500 to 2100.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    that is good. lower the better.

08-15-12 05:11 AM
    It works fine for me. No crashes!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    How about that annoying keyboard bug. Like when u start typing while the page is still loading does it stop working after the page is done loading? Hopefully that's been fixed too.
    08-15-12 05:18 AM
    that is good. lower the better.

As the PB hardware is now looking old, BB are focusing on S/W performance, eeking the best out of old hardware.
    If they do survive, it's really good that they will be moving to new H/W without software bloat. This is a good sign.

J
    08-15-12 05:22 AM
    it works ok for me too..
    Deleted and re-installed and works fine now. No other issues. Nice update overall.
    08-15-12 05:46 AM
    Seems to be running quite well especially after the wipe and reinstall.

May do this each time an update comes through, after all setting up accounts under messages is no biggie and when you go back into App World you can reinstall what you really need as opposed to what you think you need so redcued bloat each time.

Now where's that native Twitter App, cursor keys, tab key, delete key and here's a new one - how about a cntl key so you can do quicker copy paste etc.

:-)
    Heavens1 likes this.
    08-15-12 05:56 AM
    After the mandatory reboot following the update, I'm left with a black screen.... What should Ido?
    08-15-12 05:57 AM
    Cant really feel a difference to the old 2.1.560...
    After the installation of the update i had huge problems but a reboot fixed that.

After i tried some apps it feels like before... browser is still laggy and crashes on some pages, so no improvement noticed here. Android apps seem to run like before, no increased compatibility with apps i tried.

wonder if they ever update the android version to a tablet compatible version.
    08-15-12 05:57 AM
    My sunspider test result 2353
    On ipad 2 it is 1812

Which is better?
    08-15-12 06:11 AM
    I am having mjor problem with google. Keeps asking me to reenter my password which I do but then it asks again.
    Tried removing and reenabling the account to no avail. Any suggestions?
    Have you enabled 2-step verification in Google? If you have you need to create an application-specific password.
    08-15-12 06:30 AM
    Can anybody give offline firmware 2.1.840.
    08-15-12 08:04 AM
    I have two PBs, one with the latest developer beta and another with the last stable version. Both of these devices are having troubles getting into GMAIL account. The password box keeps reappearing. A lot of people have reported that this goes away after implementing Google's 2-step verification. I am going to check it out in a few hours too.

However, interestingly enough, only one of my GMAIL account is having issues. The other one is still working fine on PB. I wonder if changed some setting in GMAIL without knowing
    08-15-12 08:06 AM
    Hey again

There's an android game i just sideloaded "ok",but i when i press it , the screen goes black and a white circle appears and it stays there forever til im forced to close it.

If i install the Beta, what are my chances of getting this working?

Lol (hard question?)

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-15-12 08:09 AM
    Sorry, I'm late to the thread in case this was mentioned. Does anyone else have a "BugReport" app on the Playbook after installing .840?
    jdm2102 likes this.
    08-15-12 08:16 AM
    It works fine for me. No crashes!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Look here

http://slashcam.doubleslash.de/axis-...=1304491211652
    08-15-12 08:21 AM
    Installed last night and so far all is working, haven't noticed any problems. Only issue was the previously mentioned duplicates. I had duplicate calendar entries, duplicate contacts and duplicate emails; all of them tied to my gmail account. I don't sync calendar or contacts from any other accounts so can't say if the problem is isolated to gmail only or is more related to the calendar, contact and pim apps? Deleted the gmail account and re-added it and calendar and contacts repopulated without duplicates.
    08-15-12 08:21 AM
    After the mandatory reboot following the update, I'm left with a black screen.... What should Ido?
    Were you connected to the charger while doing the update?

Go into a dark closet and see if the screen is really BLACK and not backlit.

Press and HOLD the power on button 30-40 seconds. See if the red led comes on.

Report back.
    08-15-12 08:53 AM
    I cannot charge my PB via my laptop anymore... Any ideas??

Getting it right now, my update reads 475mb. But who's counting.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-12 09:26 AM
    Still no AC3 support
    08-15-12 09:32 AM
    Hey again

There's an android game i just sideloaded "ok",but i when i press it , the screen goes black and a white circle appears and it stays there forever til im forced to close it.

If i install the Beta, what are my chances of getting this working?

Lol (hard question?)

FWIW, I was having that exact problem with two apps (WordPress and Osmand) and the latest beta cured the problem. Neither were side loaded and I am only certain that Osmand is an android ap.
    08-15-12 09:33 AM
    Tks

My Osmand(dld from App World) works great on .0.668...

I'd love to play this sideloaded game... Maybe i'll risk it

08-15-12 09:42 AM
    Could you clarify? Are ALL sounds affected for just the keyboard "click"sounds? Have you tried going into the Options/gear, and tweaking keyboard and/or sounds or volume?
    Yup, ALL sounds. Music, games, keyboard itself. The keyboard just lagged and everything I typed just made its sound at the same time and I ended up with a mute PlayBook.

Just installed the beta, seems like it's fixed.

Also for those who, like me, like to use accents (spanish, french, etc), the previous beta used to have an issue where when you hold your finger on a letter, the available options where hidden by the text box, making the accent typing a very hard task. That error persisted even with the official release update.

This is no longer an issue

Overall performance is better, my Messages app used to have (too much) lag on the accounts update. Now that issue is gone!
    sam_g_84 and dave1701 like this.
    08-15-12 09:42 AM
    I updated today morning.After that main issues i noticed is

• Playbook is not charging through USB.
    • DDPB installer is not connecting or detecting playbook.So i am not sure how can i install new side loaded apps

Anyone facing similar problems ?
    08-15-12 10:07 AM
    I'm having the same issue, the PlayBook will not charge via USB or connect to Desktop Manager. I did however get it to connect to a laptop with an older version of Desktop Manager.

UPDATE:
    I downgraded the Desktop Manager on the computer that it would not connect to and it still won't connect to that computer.
    It may be a USB driver compatibility issue?
    Last edited by jp_1984; 08-15-12 at 11:04 AM.
    08-15-12 10:44 AM
    I have created a spreadsheet I will continue to update along the way. At the moment, I have the list of installed apps and their version numbers from 2.1.0.560 and 2.1.840. If anywone would want to give me a list of apps from 2.0.1.688 and previous, I can add it to the list.

Notible changes:
    air_version: 3.1.0.34 => 3.1.0.63
    flash_version: 11.1.121.34 => 11.1.121.63
    sys.android: 2.1.0.48 => 2.1.0.123
    sys.android.shell: 2.1.0.48 => 2.1.0.123
    sys.appworld: 2.1.0.489 => 2.1.0.624
    sys.browser : 2.1.0.479 => 2.1.0.604

Lots of incremental updates across the board, no new language packs. Check out the sheet for the rest.

PlayBook Installed Apps
    Don't really have much, just these few that I noted from v2.0.1.668 before upgrading to v2.0.1.840

Build ID 239873
    Flashplayer v11.1.121.42
    AIR v3.1.0.42

Hopefully someone else has more they can offer
    08-15-12 10:57 AM
    So, just registered at the dev site, and after i'm back(went somewhere^^), i'm gonna backup and install the Beta OS.

If it goes bad, imma need you guys

08-15-12 11:08 AM
356 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD