I haven't seen anyone else mentioning it.....but anyone else get the at&t family map icon on the home screen???

Yep. Deleted it. Aside from that I didn't notice any new apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-15-12 08:17 PM
    I haven't seen anyone else mentioning it.....but anyone else get the at&t family map icon on the home screen???
    Yes seen it. I never installed, so it must with the update. AT&T put some money into RIM?
    08-15-12 08:19 PM
    Are all the required drivers installed on your computer?
    I would image they are, just had it charging last night while I was syncing some videos. Not sure which drivers would be missing from overnight.
    trinipoco and steppinghorse like this.
    08-15-12 08:27 PM
    Well I havent really noticed any changes yet..
    I did have a couple of bugs:
    1. Ghost Commander wouldn't start .. It failed to remeber its permissions i think : Reinstall fixed..
    2. When clicking in address bar in browser the modified keyboard (one with ".com") poped up for a second and then was replaced by the standard one.. : Restart fixed that..
    08-15-12 09:24 PM
    I would image they are, just had it charging last night while I was syncing some videos. Not sure which drivers would be missing from overnight.
    It should automatically install it when you connect your Playbook to the computer. Try rebooting both your PC and Playbook and see if it works. If not then it's probably a bug.
    08-15-12 10:14 PM
    It should automatically install it when you connect your Playbook to the computer. Try rebooting both your PC and Playbook and see if it works. If not then it's probably a bug.
    I'll give that a go, but I usually connect to my Linux boxes and they charged the PB without a hitch in the past, up until today. The same error shows up when attached to the Linux boxes.
    08-15-12 11:06 PM
    Amazing how the OTA download of the new OS can be interrupted. Am in a hotel all week, very crummy connection, so have been downloading over Wifi this update for the last couple of days :-(

It installed without a hitch. Did see the AT&T icon, removed it.

All apps were still in place, including any config settings, bookmarks, etc.

One app so far does not work, Stellarium. Have notified the writer, but of course since this is a beta OS, there won't be an update. Which i fully understand, so no hissy fits here.

Configured the mail app - using a nice mix of Google, Outlook, etc. accounts. Only one of my gmail accounts constantly wanted its password - so went into GMail, enabled the 2-step verification, disabled that again, and now this works. Downside is that GMail knows my cellphone nr :-( Are there any other ways of keeping GMail through the Messages app asking for my password, over and over?

Browsing - all seems fine. Less checkerboarding compared to .668

Heat - the pb seems to heat up less compared to .668. but of course don't have an infrared temp gauge with me :-)
    08-16-12 08:31 AM
    FTR, RIM is now at 2.1.0.864 internally.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-16-12 08:36 AM
    FTR, RIM is now at 2.1.0.864 internally.
    What does that mean to us? Do we need to request this update, or will it be pushed out to those devices that requested ...840?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-16-12 08:43 AM
    What does that mean to us? Do we need to request this update, or will it be pushed out to those devices that requested ...840?

Bla1ze happens to know RIM internals
    Don't think they are gonna release just on request.. He just told that for information sake..
    And it means RIM is already bug fixing/ updating internally..
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-16-12 08:49 AM
    I use office 365 and I am have an issue with the calender syncing, I have tried the gmail setup suggested in this post buy two others. I anyone else having this issue and if so have you fixed it?
    08-16-12 09:13 AM
    Seems like a much better update judging from the feedback here so I gave in and installed the update. Hopefully all goes well here!!
    08-16-12 05:20 PM
    Everything is so much faster now especially the browser so that's a huge plus. One thing that's still not fixed yet is when you start typing before the page has finished loading, it just stops typing after it's done. I found that to be an annoying bug in the last update and was hoping it was fixed but the performance enhancements out weights this minor bug. So far so good

Edit: YouTube videos are very laggy especially when you play them in HD.
    Last edited by luqman24; 08-16-12 at 06:21 PM.
    08-16-12 06:09 PM
    Bla1ze happens to know RIM internals
    Don't think they are gonna release just on request.. He just told that for information sake..
    And it means RIM is already bug fixing/ updating internally..
    Thanks Grey, and thanks Bla1ze!

08-16-12 07:32 PM
    Wifi is alot worse for me coming from .358. I can barely stream 360p YouTube videos on a 25mbp connection which is horrible and I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Tried rebooting both my playbook and router but that didn't help.
    08-16-12 09:50 PM
    So far, no issue with WiFi.

from my WiFi PlayBook
    peteygrizz likes this.
    08-16-12 10:38 PM
    Not sure if this is part of the not being able to connect to the USB charging, but to sync a 300 mb video it took 1 hour and 30 minutes. Copied the same video via wifi in less than an 1/2 hour.

Never had a problem syncing videos in the past. Seems like a very long time.
    Last edited by PowderJockey; 08-16-12 at 11:09 PM.
    08-16-12 10:44 PM
    Not sure if this is part of the not being able to connect to the USB charging, but to sync a 300 mb video it took 1 hour and 30 minutes. Copied the same video via wifi in less than an 1/2 hour.

Never had a problem syncing videos in the past. Seems like a very long time.
    Wow thats horrible, it took me that long to sync 20GB of videos on .668. Haven't tried syncing with this build yet.
    08-16-12 11:15 PM
    So far, no issue with WiFi.

from my WiFi PlayBook
    Nvm the problem was from my ISP, it's all good now :P
    08-16-12 11:20 PM
    Wifi is alot worse for me coming from .358. I can barely stream 360p YouTube videos on a 25mbp connection which is horrible and I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Tried rebooting both my playbook and router but that didn't help.
    Strange. Mine seems to be better. Much less buffering delay as well.
    08-16-12 11:51 PM
    my battery lasts longer
    08-17-12 12:11 AM
    I think they fixed the wireless N issues in this build. I was having slow connection with wireless N with the previous beta but now it's been very good for me.
    08-17-12 08:46 AM
    First let me say I HAD a major issue.

The Problem

After doing a clean installation of 2.1.0.840 using the security wipe method I had no Android function.

The problem affected all Android apps, BlackBerry appWorld and side loaded Android apps.

None of the Android base apps would run, even after 3 restarts the Android player just would not start.

The Fix

I reloaded 2.1.0.840 using DingleBerry 3.3.3, Custom firmware & full OS option and now everything is fine.

It kind of worked out better for me this way because when you do an install after security wipe the wallpaper files (that are locked and not removable) are not installed, then when I updated with DingBerry I remove the 58,143kb sys.data.wallpaper.bar file so there is no chance of the wallpapers returning. As everyone with a 16GB PB knows an extra 60mb of space comes in handy.

smweb likes this.
    08-17-12 10:43 AM
    Has anyone experienced longer battery life?
    08-17-12 10:54 AM
    nah - cos I 'm using it more than ever now!!!!!!

cracking update

:-)
    luqman24 and Bobcat665 like this.
    08-17-12 11:08 AM
356 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD