GPS doesn't seem to work with this beta; neither OsmAnd nor Magellan works for me. It finds me in US, instead of India, which it supposed to point at.
    08-15-12 11:18 AM
    GPS doesn't seem to work with this beta; neither OsmAnd nor Magellan works for me. It finds me in US, instead of India, which it supposed to point at.
    Osmand is even working indoors for me with this beta.
    08-15-12 11:20 AM
    I updated today morning.After that main issues i noticed is

• Playbook is not charging through USB.
    • DDPB installer is not connecting or detecting playbook.So i am not sure how can i install new side loaded apps

Anyone facing similar problems ?
    mine came up with a notification that it cant charge using this source (USB) but the DDPB works for me.
    revmjw likes this.
    08-15-12 11:32 AM
    2.1.0.840 installed fine, but haven't seen much difference yet between it and 560.

One thing I haven't been able to get working is, being able to see all emails. It only shows recent and unopened in the inbox. Nothing for any of the sub folders. I haven't seen any settings that will allow the other emails to be displayed.

EDIT: The Kobo app now displays photos or images in the books.

EDIT2: The email is now showing for all folders. Not sure if a change in the wifi location made any difference or not. But it is working.

Also, for the poster that asked about Ghost Commander, it does not work in 2.1.0.840. It starts, request access to wifi and files, press accept and it boots out of the program back to the "desktop". An uninstall and re-install did the trick.
    Last edited by PowderJockey; 08-15-12 at 01:59 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-15-12 12:27 PM
    Osmand is even working indoors for me with this beta.
    After 2 restarts and 3 hard resets, the GPS issue is finally fixed!!
    08-15-12 12:53 PM
    AT&T family map doesn't work. You click on the box to enter a phone # and the screen just goes white. Reloading page doesn't do anything.
    08-15-12 12:56 PM
    I see the update has hit Alberta. Still waiting for it to get to BC. At least, I not getting it. Still says it has the latest software version install at 2.1.0.560.

Come on down!
    Did you register to get the update?
    08-15-12 01:06 PM
    The playbook will not charge if you are using one of the USB phone chargers or one of those usb wall chargers that has only around 700mAh. It will give an error and say the playbook can't be charged by source.

The reason you can charge with the PC usb port even though the current is lower (typically 500mAh), is probably because it will try to connect and establish a communication link with the PC and so since it is connected, it will trickle charge. (Reason why the charging icon doesn't show up)
    For the last time guys. It charges. Period. How fast or how slow, that's up to the source you're using AND if the device is using more energy than it's been fed.
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-15-12 at 01:45 PM.
    08-15-12 01:37 PM
    Did you register to get the update?
    Yup, up and running.

Thanks
    08-15-12 01:52 PM
    Updating...

Pray with me...

Edit:

5%...
    Last edited by PedroBorgas; 08-15-12 at 02:26 PM.
    08-15-12 02:17 PM
    Installed this Beta over 2.1.0.560. I've noticed that the Calendar app now only syncs my Primary GMail Calendar. I haven't yet figured out how to get it to display any of the other Calendars such as Holidays and Birthdays. These other Calendars showed up in 2.1.0.560.
    08-15-12 02:28 PM
    I updated today morning.After that main issues i noticed is

• Playbook is not charging through USB.
    • DDPB installer is not connecting or detecting playbook.So i am not sure how can i install new side loaded apps

Anyone facing similar problems ?
    I'm facing both issues you described. I know the playbook not charging through usb is normal, but not being able to side load is a bummer. I havent wiped yet but may end up trying that.
    08-15-12 02:57 PM
    Installed this Beta over 2.1.0.560. I've noticed that the Calendar app now only syncs my Primary GMail Calendar. I haven't yet figured out how to get it to display any of the other Calendars such as Holidays and Birthdays. These other Calendars showed up in 2.1.0.560.
    Ditto. There only shows 2 calendars"

- Gmail
    - Playbook

I don't see any way to get the weather calendar or the Canadian holidays which are connected to the gmail calendar.

I see a new app, At&T Family Map which I did not install. It must part of the upgrade. It doesn't show up in My World in the App World.
    08-15-12 03:04 PM
    I'm facing both issues you described. I know the playbook not charging through usb is normal, but not being able to side load is a bummer. I havent wiped yet but may end up trying that.
    I have side loaded a couple of apps using the Blackberry Graphical Aid.
    08-15-12 03:04 PM
    I too have the "unable to charge battery" error message. See attaached

I'm able to connect to the DM, version 7.1.0.32, but it is very slow.
    08-15-12 03:21 PM
    A lot Of Android Apps Is No Workin Anymore In This New Beta Like Facebook facebook Messenger And A lot Of other Android App But I notice That Some New Android Apps Is Startin To request Alow To Acess Apis Like camera GPS And Files In Android APPS even In Skype It shows That RIM is Planing Give To Us Support To New Android Version App I think ...
    But I notice That Android App Seem A lil Bit Buggy In this New version ...
    08-15-12 03:53 PM
    Have sideloaded twitter, kindle and linkedin. All working fine
    08-15-12 04:05 PM

What type of charger were you using? The official pb usb charger, a computer usb, another usb adapter?
    jdm2102 likes this.
    08-15-12 04:28 PM
    What type of charger were you using? The official pb usb charger, a computer usb, another usb adapter?
    I was plugged into my laptop which used to always show that the PB was charging and has the DM installed on it. I realize the charging via USB is a slow charge and not really recommended, but I've never had the error message pop either.
    08-15-12 04:56 PM
    For all your calendar needs:

How to sync multiple Gmail calendars on your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

What happened is that google now thinks .840 is actually a New device. O.o
    PowderJockey likes this.
    08-15-12 05:22 PM
    3 hours and only 50 %?

Cancelled it lol
    08-15-12 05:25 PM
    I was plugged into my laptop which used to always show that the PB was charging and has the DM installed on it. I realize the charging via USB is a slow charge and not really recommended, but I've never had the error message pop either.
    I think this would make a good separate thread and maybe even mention Battery Guru in there - I wonder if Peter has seen that message.

I wonder if anything has changed as far as what is really happening versus that type of message as a warning that there really is insufficient power to charge??
    08-15-12 05:27 PM
    For all your calendar needs:

How to sync multiple Gmail calendars on your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

What happened is that google now thinks .840 is actually a New device. O.o
    Thanks for the refresher course. Once I saw the instructions I recalled that I had to do this before when I upgraded to OS2.0. Hopefully I will remember this the next time its required.
    08-15-12 06:50 PM

Are all the required drivers installed on your computer?
    08-15-12 07:02 PM
    I haven't seen anyone else mentioning it.....but anyone else get the at&t family map icon on the home screen???
    08-15-12 07:43 PM
356 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD