The men and women in waterloo (and elsewhere) are surely working their butts off. Keep up the good work. BlackBerrybychoice.
    08-14-12 08:34 PM
    This was a welcomed update. I was getting weird random freezes and pauses for a while. Performance in GOF2 and the N64 Emulator were down but they are now even smoother than they were on the Official 2.0 OS. And the pauses are also gone YIPPEE!!. Thx for the update RIM. Keep up the great work.
    08-14-12 08:52 PM
    I see the update has hit Alberta. Still waiting for it to get to BC. At least, I not getting it. Still says it has the latest software version install at 2.1.0.560.

Come on down!
    trinipoco likes this.
    08-14-12 08:52 PM
    I have 2.1.0.560 running quite nicely so I am not in a hurry to upgrade but I have been twitching since I saw the beta become available! (I will probably cave by the time i get home.)
    lol... i wasnt in a hurry neither as i had .560 too.... i cancelled the update twice and paused it before i actually got it

Took over an hour to download.. but it seems to work well so far. havent had any trouble with opening any app, native or side-loaded (as long as i have the sideloaded kindle app, i'm happy)
    Harryl6134 and nofiz like this.
    08-14-12 08:57 PM
    Here are my findings:
    - (improved) browser smoother and more responsive to touch, including pinch to zoom.
    - (improved) browser checkered boxes reduced to almost none after pages fully loaded.
    - (improved) messages App more responsive. Emails open and delete faster
    - (glitch) After update finished installing and device re-booted, all my emails duplicated. Removing the account and re-adding it fixed the issue.
    - (still testing) android player seems to run better after the first initial run after the update but still testing.

That's all for now.

Cheers
    08-14-12 09:00 PM
    Just wondering if anybody is having any issues with these 2 things after the latest beta.

My playbook quit showing any photos in KOBE & quit doing Videos on You tube when i had the first 2.1 beta

Brian
    I had issues with the videos during the first beta and its been corrected. Only annoying thing is the multiple calenders getting erased.
    08-14-12 09:10 PM
    I see the update has hit Alberta. Still waiting for it to get to BC. At least, I not getting it. Still says it has the latest software version install at 2.1.0.560.

Come on down!
    The update will not just "hit" your Playbook. Its a beta release so you have to register for the beta. Go here to register: https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register/

Once you are registered, you should get a notification that there is a new OS available.
    08-14-12 09:16 PM
    Here are my findings:
    - (improved) browser smoother and more responsive to touch, including pinch to zoom.
    - (improved) browser checkered boxes reduced to almost none after pages fully loaded.
    - (glitch) After update finished installing and device re-booted, all my emails duplicated. Removing the account and re-adding it fixed the issue.
    - (still testing) android player seems to run better after the first initial run after the update but still testing.

That's all for now.

Cheers
    One more thing I forgot to mention:
    - (glitch) After the update, gmail kept asking for my account password. It seemed to got fixed after I typed in my gmail password, closed messages App and did a hard reboot.

And no I don't have the 2-step verification turned on in gmail.
    08-14-12 09:45 PM
    I downloaded today and I'm pretty pleased so far. The browser runs a tad better. The native messages app runs better overall and handles Facebook messages much better now without choking on them so badly. The calendar app also works a little bit better and handles activesync better than it used to. I hope things will keep improving...
    08-14-12 09:46 PM
    Maybe I haven't noticed this before but the calendar app imports your Facebook events?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-12 09:57 PM
    - (glitch) After the update, gmail kept asking for my account password. It seemed to got fixed after I typed in my gmail password, closed messages App and did a hard reboot.

Mine has been doing that on the 2.01 os as well recently, so don't know if it's a os issue or something else
    08-14-12 10:00 PM
    Findings so far
    Browser improved, will actually load pages correctly (was having trouble with previous beta os)
    Multitasking android apps has improved as well
    That's all I have so far will update lster
    08-14-12 10:02 PM
    Here are my findings:

That's all for now.

Cheers
    Agree with everything said. I would say all is at best better, at worst same.

Main thing I notice is my Comcast e-mail always was greyed out and I got unable to connect errors, this is now gone.

Chuck

Sent from my Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-12 10:04 PM

I was having problems(with 2-step verification turned on) and ended up removing all accounts and then readding them and that seemed to fix it. Putting in the password/application-specific passwords alone wasn't working.
    08-14-12 10:05 PM
    Anyone have ghost commander running in the 'droid runtime under the beta? It force closes for me now.
    08-14-12 10:06 PM
    Air/Flash apps and websites are blazing fast for me. App World is smooth as silk now.

It feels like they shipped all builds before this without flash hardware acceleration turned on.

The difference is astounding, and I'm coming from 2.1.0.560 + the 3MB update :-O
    Last edited by sagec; 08-15-12 at 12:36 AM.
    08-14-12 10:07 PM
    The update will not just "hit" your Playbook. Its a beta release so you have to register for the beta. Go here to register: https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register/

Once you are registered, you should get a notification that there is a new OS available.
    OK, I just thought since I have the beta installed it would let me know there was an update to the beta. But i can go there an re-apply.
    08-14-12 10:13 PM
    Anyone have ghost commander running in the 'droid runtime under the beta? It force closes for me now.
    I have it installed under beta 2.1.0.560 and never had any problems. I able to access my NAS box and transfer files to and from the PB and the NAS with little effort. Had it installed prior to the update to the beta version of the OS.
    08-14-12 10:17 PM
    Hmm, i went to delete an app... it wouldnt respond, so i pressed it a few times (thinking i hit it wrong or something) and nothing... after a lil while (few seconds) the notification popped up (are you sure you want to delete... cancel or delete) and it wouldn't go away... I rebooted the PB... will try it again after that

EDIT: it worked ok when i reboot.. Hmmm... maybe just a fluke? but it's never happened to me before getting this OS
    08-14-12 10:28 PM
    I have it installed under beta 2.1.0.560 and never had any problems. I able to access my NAS box and transfer files to and from the PB and the NAS with little effort. Had it installed prior to the update to the beta version of the OS.
    Worked fine for me under .560 as well. I sent a message to the dev as it won't open for me now under .840
    vag65 likes this.
    08-14-12 10:32 PM
    Hmm, i went to delete an app... it wouldnt respond, so i pressed it a few times (thinking i hit it wrong or something) and nothing... after a lil while (few seconds) the notification popped up (are you sure you want to delete... cancel or delete) and it wouldn't go away... I rebooted the PB... will try it again after that

EDIT: it worked ok when i reboot.. Hmmm... maybe just a fluke? but it's never happened to me before getting this OS
    I had the isuue, rebooted to no avail. deleted app and reinstalled...now works.

Chuck

Sent from my Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-12 10:34 PM
    Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I don't believe I used to get pictures through BBM over Bridge before this update, they would show on my phone but not on the PB. I am now getting them on the PB as well.
    Yups here on .668 pictures are shown through BBM over bridge and it was there on .358 as well.
    08-14-12 10:42 PM
    EastAsia language like Chinese, Japanese...
    No - those languages are not on offer in the Settings Languages tab.
    steppinghorse likes this.
    08-14-12 10:45 PM
    I honestly don't think East Asia Languages will work until the release of BB10, and those devices are released in Asia. When you could root way back when, it was possible to type East Asia Languages in Android, but that is no longer the case.
    08-14-12 10:48 PM
    Interestingly Bahasa Indonesia if offered - which probably means the PB is offered for sale in Indonesia.

Is the PB for direct sale in China or Japan? If not - that might account for those languages not currently being offered as a language choice .....
    08-14-12 10:54 PM
356 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD