...and that wil do what? What is it with you guys whenever PB has a Wifi issue...the solution is to fix the router?

Clearly the router is working...I said my playbook is connected, but it is showing as not connected. The PB is working on the internet. It just says it's not.

Update...I reset the router (because I could) just to amuse you "reset the router" folk

the result...no change.

Its the Playbook..okay!
    The PB WiFi quality is ultra uneven. Mine always shows low signal, compared to two other PBs that I have got for my relatives. My PB has to be 3 ft away from the router whereas my two laptops and iPad have absolutely no problem connecting 20ft away.

As PB fan, I hate to say this but there is a reason why RIM is not doing well if they can't even get something as basic as Wi-Fi working.
    08-14-12 05:17 PM
    The PB WiFi quality is ultra uneven. Mine always shows low signal, compared to two other PBs that I have got for my relatives. My PB has to be 3 ft away from the router whereas my two laptops and iPad have absolutely no problem connecting 20ft away.

As PB fan, I hate to say this but there is a reason why RIM is not doing well if they can't even get something as basic as Wi-Fi working.
    Tablets, by design, will have a much weaker wifi connection because it is a single stream device and your hands could be covering part of the antenna --- whereas laptops are dual stream and your hands are not even close to the top of the laptop screen which is where the antennas are.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-14-12 05:26 PM

If my PB had a range of 3 feet on wifi I would return it pretty quick.
    kbz1960, sagec and matthewgreyling like this.
    08-14-12 05:29 PM
    Just wondering if anybody is having any issues with these 2 things after the latest beta.

My playbook quit showing any photos in KOBE & quit doing Videos on You tube when i had the first 2.1 beta

Brian
    The Kobo Reader issue with not showing images in the prior beta has been resolved.
    matthewgreyling and vecharo like this.
    08-14-12 05:31 PM
    I have 2.1.0.560 running quite nicely so I am not in a hurry to upgrade but I have been twitching since I saw the beta become available! (I will probably cave by the time i get home.)
    I too have my PB running on 2.1.0.560 and my kids PB running on .668 which I just recently got working smoothly.. But me thinks it may be time to take the kids PB and try the upgrade..
    08-14-12 05:32 PM
    In the current official release I have an issue where the sound just turns off while typing too fast and can only be restored with a reset.
    Has anyone else had this issue and is it fixed now?
    08-14-12 05:33 PM
    The Kobo Reader issue with not showing images in the prior beta has been resolved.
    Thank you. I think it is time to go Beta again.

Brian
    08-14-12 05:33 PM
    Email is really working well now. Moves to the next email fast...deletes waaayyyyy faster now. None of my email was duplicated. Running 3 accounts IMAP with telus.
    08-14-12 06:04 PM

There is nothing wrong with PB wifi range. Rather it has issues negotiating wifi signals. At least it didn't after they fixed it with the update in April. I am concerned that those same issues or similar are back.
    08-14-12 06:13 PM
    Beta Update out now!

Still no attendees using a Google Calendar. Meetings with one then? At least I won't get any disagreements...
    You can get around this by following this helpful post.
    08-14-12 06:19 PM
    downloading the update now. Once I registered for the update, I went onto my playbook and did a check for a software update .... and there it was!!! (less than a minute).
    08-14-12 06:35 PM
    This looks pretty good to me.
    08-14-12 06:52 PM

Ive never had problems with using my mifi device and the PB - either distance or drop out.

The mifi runs HSPA+ most of the time, and I get good reception for both interrupted (rooms etc) and uninterrupted distances - indoors and out (sometimes I sit under tress in the backyard and the mifi is in the house).

I think there are a lot of different issues when comparing how wifi works in each persons circumstances/situation.
    08-14-12 07:04 PM
    Ive never had problems with using my mifi device and the PB - either distance or drop out.

The mifi runs HSPA+ most of the time, and I get good reception for both interrupted (rooms etc) and uninterrupted distances - indoors and out (sometimes I sit under tress in the backyard and the mifi is in the house).

I think there are a lot of different issues when comparing how wifi works in each persons circumstances/situation.
    That's what i don't understand. I had my PB and my Dad's side by side one time. The signal reading on mine was always much lower, no matter which part of the house I was in. (I'm not referring to bars. I was actually looking inside the Wi-Fi details page with the level reading.)
    08-14-12 07:11 PM
    Kobo books font selector now works. Was broken in the previous beta build.
    anon(3641385) and vecharo like this.
    08-14-12 07:13 PM
    Outlook.com not working. -1
    it seems that microsoft must have department that sole purpose is to screw up microsoft products experience on rim products. outlook does not load in default browser but loads just fine in simple browser set up to opera agent or android dolphin browser. I guess ms is very serious about being #3

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-12 07:47 PM
    This looks pretty good to me.
    this is impressive number indeed. the browser seems much faster than in official 2.0 version.

08-14-12 07:52 PM
    I will be test in my pb ^^

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-14-12 07:54 PM
    Just like when I first tried to install the 668 update, DM tells me it is successful and I can disconnect but when I do, I'm still on the same version even after a reboot. Did a restart and re-installing which worked last time. Thank goodness we have fibre at work or this would have taken forever...
    08-14-12 07:54 PM
    Looks like a safe update.... I am going in
    08-14-12 07:57 PM
    In the current official release I have an issue where the sound just turns off while typing too fast and can only be restored with a reset.
    Has anyone else had this issue and is it fixed now?
    Could you clarify? Are ALL sounds affected for just the keyboard "click"sounds? Have you tried going into the Options/gear, and tweaking keyboard and/or sounds or volume?
    08-14-12 07:59 PM
    downloading the update now. Once I registered for the update, I went onto my playbook and did a check for a software update .... and there it was!!! (less than a minute).
    Same here. I registered and by the time I opened the Options/SoftwareUpdate it was available. It did take quite a while to download so I went outside and left it alone.
    08-14-12 08:02 PM
    Looks like a safe update.... I am going in
    browser is on steroids and so is android player. it seems that andoird apps work much faster now. Rim has improved android player tremendously.

08-14-12 08:10 PM
    Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I don't believe I used to get pictures through BBM over Bridge before this update, they would show on my phone but not on the PB. I am now getting them on the PB as well.
    08-14-12 08:18 PM
    MS SharePoint is working on this beta release. I am a happy camper.
    f1mx and steppinghorse like this.
    08-14-12 08:28 PM
356 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD