i was gonna pass on getting this update... but i started twitching... especially since is seems like most things work just as they should...

**Downloading**
    mikeplus1 and anon(3641385) like this.
    08-14-12 03:16 PM
    It has always been chargeable by anything it can connect to via USB. The PC port just takes longer. I charge it on my TV when I'm too lazy to find the charger.

The playbook will not charge if you are using one of the USB phone chargers or one of those usb wall chargers that has only around 700mAh. It will give an error and say the playbook can't be charged by source.

The reason you can charge with the PC usb port even though the current is lower (typically 500mAh), is probably because it will try to connect and establish a communication link with the PC and so since it is connected, it will trickle charge. (Reason why the charging icon doesn't show up)
    08-14-12 03:28 PM
    Looks like they screwed up the wifi again. As I type this I am not connected to my router according to the signal meter at the top and the PB says it can't connect to it. Says "Unable to aquire and IP address"

Yet I'm on the net and everything is working...so how am I browsing the net when I'm not connected?

That said... the browser is laggy as well.

Prior to updating...like 8am this mroning all was perfect.
    Are you bridged with a BB?
    Superfly_FR and jhimmel like this.
    08-14-12 03:32 PM
    i was gonna pass on getting this update... but i started twitching... especially since is seems like most things work just as they should...

**Downloading**
    Glad I'm not the only one feeling that twitch...
    Jamaicangirl81 likes this.
    08-14-12 03:34 PM
    OpenExplorer is not working anymore.

Am I correct and did the layout change in appworld for the free/pay selection?

Double contacts and mail, but only for my Gmail account, recreated the account and all is well.

Also have the at&t icon and i am dutch?
    Last edited by backfire101; 08-14-12 at 03:45 PM.
    08-14-12 03:43 PM

**Downloading**
    I have 2.1.0.560 running quite nicely so I am not in a hurry to upgrade but I have been twitching since I saw the beta become available! (I will probably cave by the time i get home.)
    08-14-12 03:49 PM
    thx...i am aware of this. that is one opinion
    08-14-12 03:49 PM
    2 more expert opinions:

"Though SSID cloaking might seem like an attractive mechanism to aid the security of the WLAN, it effectively reduces security significantly more than it could potentially gain"

Issues with SSID cloaking

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/ou/wireles...t-wont-die/454

http://letmebingthatforyou.com/?q=wi...sid%20cloaking
    08-14-12 03:59 PM
    Happy Birthday to me! I was hoping for such a present. It mentions Bridge updates. I hope we get SMS. Downloading now. I'll let everyone know what I find.
    Happy Birthday!
    08-14-12 04:07 PM
    ...and that wil do what? What is it with you guys whenever PB has a Wifi issue...the solution is to fix the router?

Clearly the router is working...I said my playbook is connected, but it is showing as not connected. The PB is working on the internet. It just says it's not.

Update...I reset the router (because I could) just to amuse you "reset the router" folk

the result...no change.

Its the Playbook..okay!

Try deleting the saved AP on your playbook and setting it up again (if you haven't already)
    08-14-12 04:08 PM
    OpenExplorer is not working anymore.

Am I correct and did the layout change in appworld for the free/pay selection?

Double contacts and mail, but only for my Gmail account, recreated the account and all is well.

Also have the at&t icon and i am dutch?
    Layout looks the same to me.
    08-14-12 04:09 PM
    I'll be loading 2.1Beta onto my boy's PB later today I reckon.

668 has left him with a PB that turns itself off after a few minutes unless attached to a charger... and he's very unhappy about the situation.

Can someone confirm: The Apps he has installed on his PB will survive the update to 2.1Beta? Yes, true?

If the Apps need to be re-installed after updating to OS2.1Beta, I might as well downgrade to the previous official OS (358) instead.
    All of mine survived
    08-14-12 04:10 PM
    Are you bridged with a BB?
    The wondered the same thing when I read his message. Sounds a lot like he was using Bridge.
    08-14-12 04:13 PM
    No complaints yet? Everything is working as good or better than before?
    08-14-12 04:21 PM
    You need to enable two step authentication and it will never ask for your password again
    Not sure how to do that, but I went back and refollowed the steps to get all the google calendars to show up instead of the main one and everything seems to be fixed.

How does one do the 2 step authentication just for future notice?
    08-14-12 04:32 PM
    Opinion from Microsoft's security group --- not some randomly blogging opinion.

It is you people that is causing a lot of problems --- people who thinks that their own opinion is better than the experts.
    08-14-12 04:34 PM
    Opinion from Microsoft's security group --- not some randomly blogging their opinion.

It is you people that is causing a lot of problems --- people who thinks that their own opinion is better than the experts.
    Regardless, tons of people use stuff like hidden SSIDs with no issues on this exact tablet, so it's not that much of a solution.
    steppinghorse likes this.
    08-14-12 04:35 PM
    Regardless, tons of people use stuff like hidden SSIDs with no issues on this exact tablet, so it's not that much of a solution.
    There are a million different wifi router firmwares, client drivers and user configurations.

The ONLY solution is to start with the basics --- updated firmware, updated client drivers, simple basic user configurations (i.e. n-only, single channel, wpa2-aes, auto everything, not hiding SSID...).
    08-14-12 04:41 PM
    There are a million different wifi router firmwares, client drivers and user configurations.

The ONLY solution is to start with the basics --- updated firmware, updated client drivers, simple basic user configurations (i.e. n-only, single channel, wpa2-aes, auto everything, not hiding SSID...).
    It's not the only solution. Reality is, most will just get rid of the tablet and find one that just happens to work. What if they don't even admin the router itself?

Those basics you posted are useless/too complicated to the largest portion of tablet owners by far.
    08-14-12 04:46 PM
    Anyone else getting distorted sound? The problem is in games and videos.
    08-14-12 04:51 PM
    It's not the only solution. Reality is, most will just get rid of the tablet and find one that just happens to work. What if they don't even admin the router itself?

Those basics you posted are useless/too complicated to the largest portion of tablet owners by far.
    Except that most of my suggestions are default settings. You have to change the default setting to hide SSID.
    08-14-12 04:52 PM
    Just wondering if anybody is having any issues with these 2 things after the latest beta.

My playbook quit showing any photos in KOBE & quit doing Videos on You tube when i had the first 2.1 beta

Brian
    08-14-12 04:58 PM
    No complaints yet? Everything is working as good or better than before?
    There is a lot of pressure in answering that question. Looks good so far...
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-14-12 05:03 PM
    Just wondering if anybody is having any issues with these 2 things after the latest beta.

My playbook quit showing any photos in KOBE & quit doing Videos on You tube when i had the first 2.1 beta

Brian
    Just watched a Michelle Jenneke video with the YouTube app...
    08-14-12 05:05 PM
    There is a lot of pressure in answering that question. Looks good so far...
    LOL true. But no pressure. I'm itching if the keyboard isn't laggy or the browser.
    08-14-12 05:06 PM
356 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD