Yea! One them works. Hurray. The problem was the BB ID. Apparently each one must be Totally unique. Once I got a separate email for each PB, the system worked fine. Then I bricked one, Oh well. And apparently the "bricking" is terminal
    01-10-13 09:24 PM
    No I meant Snail Mail
    Research In Motion
    295 Phillip Street
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Canada N2L 3W8
    Attention: Thorsten Heins
    01-10-13 09:41 PM
    Research In Motion
    295 Phillip Street
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Canada N2L 3W8
    Attention: Thorsten Heins
    Thanks, I will probably write him a letter
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-10-13 09:44 PM
    Yet one more chapter, The "bricked" PB was brought back to life by following the instructions of the Tech Support gal that called me the day after I resigned myself to not being able to recover the lost PB. She's great. I now have 3 working PB again.
    David in Durham likes this.
    01-12-13 09:32 AM
    Yet one more chapter, The "bricked" PB was brought back to life by following the instructions of the Tech Support gal that called me the day after I resigned myself to not being able to recover the lost PB. She's great. I now have 3 working PB again.
    Would you mind posting those Instructions? It might help someone else. Thanks in advance.
    01-12-13 10:08 AM
    Would you mind posting those Instructions? It might help someone else. Thanks in advance.
    +1!
    01-12-13 04:11 PM
    Not when the user lies, lies, and lies about what they did or did not do even while on the telephone with technical support. Anyone who has worked helpddesk or even deskside support knows some users lie through their shiny white and not to white teeth.
    So true. I loved working phone support and after asking them if they are on the phone having issues and them saying no, having them pull the battery out and the call going dead. Love that with a passion.
    01-13-13 04:43 PM
    Well, I really didn't do anything except let the battery go to zero. But the screen showed 0% and the screen was lit so you have to ask how 0% it really was. I just let it go on the charger (recommend the rapid wall charger if you have one) just let it charge, and as soon as you reach 20% you can finish the upgrade and you are off to the races. No secrets just a good O/S thats apparently bulletproof.
    01-13-13 08:09 PM
33 12