My son got the new Ipad Air for christmas. I even got excited to try it and was laready thinking of switching to an iphone. After playing with it for a few hours of playing.
    I think it`s going back. It`s nice but it`s overpriced andriod, which I never liked. There`s so many apps but not enough quality and I don`t mind paying for a good app but it`s hard to find.

Even my son said "I`ll call it Playbook becasue I like the name better".

After this, I`m staying with BBRY, almost got Z10 yesterday but I`ll wait for Z30 to hit Wind.

My 2cents.
    12-27-13 06:23 AM
    My son got the new Ipad Air for christmas. I even got excited to try it and was laready thinking of switching to an iphone. After playing with it for a few hours of playing.
    I think it`s going back. It`s nice but it`s overpriced andriod, which I never liked. There`s so many apps but not enough quality and I don`t mind paying for a good app but it`s hard to find.

After this, I`m staying with BBRY, almost got Z10 yesterday but I`ll wait for Z30 to hit Wind.

My 2cents.
    pretty cool,,, welcome to the club...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-27-13 06:28 AM
    Agreed, my daughter has an ipad, just a big ipod in my view. Z30 is absolutely amazing, go for it!
    12-27-13 06:30 AM

My 2cents.
    Welcome to the asylum. It's all down to personal choice. I have both droid and the dreaded ipad in my home but I still use my pb constantly. When bb don't interfere and leave the OS alone it does everything I want it to do.............
    12-27-13 06:34 AM
    If it was a gift, how can it possibly be overpriced!?

My 2cents.
    12-27-13 07:59 AM
    If it was a gift, how can it possibly be overpriced!?
    Because OP the parent is the one who purchase the gift?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:34 AM
    Get the Z30 to replace the iPad!

Posted by CB10 via Z30
    12-27-13 11:42 AM
    I just replaced the PlayBook with a nexus 7, so Merry Christmas to me!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:49 AM
    I have an iPad Mini(non Retina) since Dec 2012 and loved every inch of it however, a storm came 3 weeks back(bought a Z10) and it completely changed the definition of multi-tasking/toggling and the UI.. I am totally blown away by BB 10.. The day BlackBerry will come up with a new PB with OS 10, I am gonna dump my iPad.. (just hoping that PB will actually be like Z/Q's.. I don't need bridge sh*t etc
    scrapmetal58 and kthhrrsn like this.
    12-27-13 12:01 PM
    When did the iPad become an Android? Seems iPad would be running iOS, which is what it is.
    12-27-13 12:04 PM
    A rooted iPad ? lol
    12-27-13 12:06 PM
    I have a PlayBook and a Nexus 7. My PlayBook is still easier to use for routine tasks and the keyboard on the. PlayBook is miles better than the Nexus keyboard. I was also working on my Mom's iPad 3 this week and what a frustrating piece of technology that is. Trying to close apps on an iPad is he'll compared to the swipe up from the bottom gesture on the Playbook. I really hope BlackBerry will be making a OS 10 tablet soon.
    I just replaced the PlayBook with a nexus 7, so Merry Christmas to me!

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    12-27-13 01:26 PM
    Luckily for me I own a copy of swift key. It's a delight to use on the Nexus 7.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 01:41 PM
    A few weeks ago I tried an ipad for the 1st time which belonged to my Nephew son(4yr old), he had so many apps running that no one could figure out how to close them. Finally after a hard reboot we were able to get it working and I messed around with it. I can truly say that working on the PB is so much easier with the gestures and not having to deal with one button. I also have a Samsung tablet and find myself swiping to close apps on it and wondering why nothing is happening.

To the OP don't wait to get either the Z10 or Z30 I currently have both and they are great devices but be warned you may fall in love with the Z30. I had the Z10 since April and the Z30 for a couple weeks and it's a wonderful device. Trying to decide on keeping the Z10 yet each day the Z30 grows on me more.

Last but not least speaking of ipads/iPhone etc. Last week my Nephew an iPhone lover tried my Z30 and was surprised how nice it was. He had 1 question for me. How do I get out of apps? I showed him the swipe and also tile of multiple apps on the screen and he was speechless then said WOW I like that. Very glad I made the move and purchased.

PS sorry if this was so long, love typing on my PB.
    12-28-13 10:14 PM
    When did the iPad become an Android? Seems iPad would be running iOS, which is what it is.
    I've heard others comment that iOS 7 looks and feels a lot like Android. My 19 year old cousin, whose dad just bought her an iPhone 5S, mentioned it during Christmas dinner. She wasn't very impressed.
    12-30-13 09:58 AM
    I had a Nexus 7 and got rid of it because I was using my PB much more.
    Yeah, the Nexus 7 may be a "better" tablet but, the PB does what I need it to do and it only cost me 100 for a 32GB.
    I agree with those who do not like the iPad. They are extremely expensive and for the price are not worth it.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 01:16 PM