1. Incase people are still having trouble with connecting their playbook to a PC via USB. Ignore everything else that you read. The truth is the playbook will do it for you. If it hasn't done it for you and you are like so many its because you have previously installed blackberry software on your pc. All you have to do is uninstall all the drivers from device manager and uninstall all blackberry software from your computer. Plug back in your playbook and all is well. Guaranteed and I promise you it doesn't matter if you have wifi sharing on or not or any thing else as long as you keep file sharing on.

2. This bring me us to my problem. I am using a brand new dlink router which is secured. I pick up all other devices throughout my house but for some strange reason it can find the playbook. I must of read 100 ways how to connect the playbook to share through wifi but nothing works for me. They all tackle the same issues that most have and none to what i am describing. Please if someone could shed some light on this for me.

Notes:
    - I am using windows 7
    - Playbook os 2.1.0.1526
    -Wifi sharing is set to on
    -File sharing- ON
    - Yes my pc detects playbook over usb.
    05-23-13 11:26 AM
    I would go to router set up page and add MAC address of a Playbook. Hope it helps.
    05-23-13 12:42 PM
    But you can use the wifi to run the browser and get to the Internet?
    05-23-13 02:54 PM
    1. Incase people are still having trouble with connecting their playbook to a PC via USB. Ignore everything else that you read. The truth is the playbook will do it for you. If it hasn't done it for you and you are like so many its because you have previously installed blackberry software on your pc. All you have to do is uninstall all the drivers from device manager and uninstall all blackberry software from your computer. Plug back in your playbook and all is well. Guaranteed and I promise you it doesn't matter if you have wifi sharing on or not or any thing else as long as you keep file sharing on.

2. This bring me us to my problem. I am using a brand new dlink router which is secured. I pick up all other devices throughout my house but for some strange reason it can find the playbook. I must of read 100 ways how to connect the playbook to share through wifi but nothing works for me. They all tackle the same issues that most have and none to what i am describing. Please if someone could shed some light on this for me.

Notes:
    - I am using windows 7
    - Playbook os 2.1.0.1526
    -Wifi sharing is set to on
    -File sharing- ON
    - Yes my pc detects playbook over usb.
    I have said this many times. Windows 7 is very very obsessive about the drivers it uses and loads. Unfortunately the default driver windows 7 loads will not give you full access to your pb.

My advice would have been different a few weeks ago but the latest version of BB link is now compatible with the pb. Go the the BB site and download the latest version of BB link and when you have initially set up a connection through usb from your pb to link (its a bit like pairing on bt) you can throw your usb cable away as you won't need it again. Give it a try?
    FF22 likes this.
    05-23-13 03:05 PM