So the PlayBook gets detected as a Network drive rather a USB Mass storage device as in all other cases..

Just noticed a few things today..

- I can play around with the files on the Desktop/PlayBook and work on both simultaneously.. This does not happen with USB mass storage mode

- Win7 has good features on Sync with a network drive

- Network drive makes it go wireless?

On the downside.. Sometimes it can be tricky to get the connection..
    08-27-12 08:42 AM
    It has a significantly slower transfer rate which can be annoying when transferring large files like movies but worth it in the end for being wireless. I had the most trouble with it on Win XP. But works everytime for me on Win 7 and Ubuntu. It's the most reliable on Ubuntu actually and works flawlwss and I think faster every time.

Just a few of my personal experiances with it.
    08-27-12 09:01 AM
    The only thing I have against it from the beginning is that I would like to plug it into my PS3 to transfer files back and fourth which doesn't work. The Kindle Fire does but the amount of space available on it is so sad in my opinion that there's not enough room to store much so who cares if that works lol. But it's a crap-shoot compared to the PlayBook anyway

Once I learned how to use this feature it made me want it on my Bold so bad.
    08-27-12 12:55 PM
    The only thing I have against it from the beginning is that I would like to plug it into my PS3 to transfer files back and fourth which doesn't work. The Kindle Fire does but the amount of space available on it is so sad in my opinion that there's not enough room to store much so who cares if that works lol. But it's a crap-shoot compared to the PlayBook anyway

Once I learned how to use this feature it made me want it on my Bold so bad.
    Is there a way to connect the PlayBook to the PS?
    08-28-12 01:24 AM
    There isn't a proper USB mass storage mode on the playbook, it requires the installation of the BlackBerry desktop software - devices that support usb mass storage don't need special drivers, hence the problems working with the PS3.

I love the network drive functionality, personally. My only complaint is that the device is unusable if you are transferring large files. Try transferring a file of a few hundred MB and browsing at the same time- you will soon give up with frustration.
    08-28-12 02:38 AM
    . My only complaint is that the device is unusable if you are transferring large files. Try transferring a file of a few hundred MB and browsing at the same time- you will soon give up with frustration.
    Com'on! Really? A complaint? Yes, sometimes we would like to multi-task and cab be frustrating, but how often do you transfer large files? If you know browsing will be slow during transfer, that is the time to take a leak or brake and move on! Stop complaining about trivial things!
    08-28-12 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD