I'm interested in starting a discussion about the type of network connections allowed through the latest Bridge and Tablet OS updates. As has been noted in various threads, RIM seems to be allowing 3rd party apps to use the network connection. The one exception I've seen is the VNC clients.

Neither aVNC nor IMT-VNC seem to be able to connect with my current configuration that has been working great in wifi mode. Has anyone looked at this yet and come up with any thoughts on why these apps aren't working via the new Bridgd network functionality? I would love to get this working..

I've attached an image of the error I get with IMT-VNC..

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.
    08-25-11 08:55 AM
    I haven't used the vnc app via bridge yet but are you using correct settings in your router firewall etc.

Does your VNC work over the internet, so you are able to connect using office wifi to get to your vnc server? or using home wifi to connect to company vnc machine?

For example, did you configure public IP in your vnc app? (if the ip is 10.x.x.x, or 172.16.x.x, or 192.168.x.x then you are your private IP which will not work when you are not on the same LAN as your PC). You will need to setup a public IP and do port forwarding on your router and change vnc settings to use public IP then you will be able to connect to your machine via bridge/or wifi.
    08-25-11 01:13 PM
    z_scorpio_z,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and reply.. I'm sorry I didn't give you more info. I do have all the port forwarding and dynamic DNS all setup and working great from other networks. I have been using VNC from the Internet for a few months now. I only run into the issues when I try connecting over the bridge connection.

I've tried switching the traffic to port 80, in case there was some "web only" limit as well, but that didn't help.

I'm open to all suggestions!
    08-25-11 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD