I'm on the 3 network here in the UK on their pay as you go sim with unlimited web (I top up �15 per month) and was playing around on the PlayBook settings and came across the 'tethering tab, I've been using my phones Internet to hook up my Playbook for the past 2 weeks now. I called 3 to make sure they were OK and asked if I would need to pay any additional charges and they assured. Me there was none!
    I know I could have used blackberry bridge but I'm finding I'm getting way faster speeds hooking up my device as mentioned.. I just wanted to mention this as there might brother 3 UK users reading this... PlayBook and the experience keeps getting better and better!!!!
    03-12-12 08:33 AM
    Please excuse the spelling errors
    03-12-12 08:35 AM
    I have today bought a Motorola Defy Mini from Tesco �70 and tethered it to my BlackBerry Playbook.I have the same pay as you go tariff as you -with 3 network �15 per month all you can eat data.I was using o2 mobile broadband dongle{ �15 for 2gb of data }connected to a satelite dish outside my motorhome which has no windows and has aluminium and wood and glass fibre insulation pretty much all around it {Luton box van}.The reception bars are reading 4 out of 4 and I'm inside my motorhome where reception is usually a bit naff.{That reception level is on the phone not connected to my Playbook at the moment: the point is that's an improvement on an o2 phone and an o2 dongle.It's early days as it's my first day being on 3 network and first day of tethering them.As long as the 3 reception/connectivity is strong around the country and download speed is reasonably quick then I will probably say goodbye to o2 and stay with 3.I like the PlayBook also.64gb storage.2 cameras{back one is better than front one},good sound,etc.,.
    02-21-13 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD