To get it to go to update , i went to settings in android, applications and checked the unknown sources box. it downloads buthangs at preparing to install. Maybe you guys will have better luck.
    12-30-11 11:53 AM
    Trying to redownload but it said it is a rar instaead of a bar.
    12-30-11 12:33 PM
    On the PC, open the rar with an app like WinRar, extract the bar inside.
    12-30-11 01:03 PM
    On the PC, open the rar with an app like WinRar, extract the bar inside.
    at work and did not have winrar so I totally forgot what program to use thanks.
    12-30-11 01:48 PM
    hmmm try it opens up and then once its logging in it freezes.
    12-30-11 09:03 PM
    The file worked fine for me. i just made a new bar file from the latest apk from my phone and works perfect ill post a youtube video to proof that it works (MOTH477)
    Last edited by Wirelezz; 12-30-11 at 09:30 PM.
    12-30-11 09:16 PM
    @ Wirelezz did you just bluff us about this app working? Since you posted the bar file you are MIA. What's up with that? Was this all about you getting thanked and liked for something that doesn't even work? Way to go buddy
    works perfect for me . ill be posting a youtube link. maybe you guys are installing it the wrong way, i have 3 playbooks that are working perfect with this app.
    dont bother thanking me lol im not gonna get rich from it lol. unless it works doi

I was rooted and have the android market on mine , after the upgrade android market does not work anymore. maybe becuase i have installed it previous from the android market and installed the bar file as well it works, same isue with four square , no on gets the bar to work but after i installed it from the market and then upgraded to latest os2 it works fine with the bar file installed.
    i tested and im still rooted as well, i thought i lost that after the update but i did not.
    Last edited by Wirelezz; 12-30-11 at 09:32 PM.
    12-30-11 09:18 PM
    The file worked fine for me. i just made a new bar file from the latest apk from my phone and works perfect ill post a youtube video to proof that it works (MOTH477)
    Mind posting the latest bar? ...or was that the one you posted? Thanks!!
    jarekb likes this.
    12-30-11 11:30 PM
    did anyone try ignoring the update or does it force you to update?
    It only makes sense that it will fail during the update process as it is likely to be an update to the original apk file.
    Yep, did both still no go. I'm just using the round a bout way for now with playon. I have high hopes netflix will be released for playbook probably around febuary or march, just a guess from what I've read online. More people are buying playbooks now because of the price so i think they will eventually release a netflix app for playbook.
    12-31-11 01:57 AM
    Can you upload the new bar so I can try it. I tried using the last one you uploaded...Is that the latest one? It didn't work for me, stays stuck on the login like most users have stated.
    12-31-11 02:03 AM
    Can you upload the new bar so I can try it. I tried using the last one you uploaded...Is that the latest one? It didn't work for me, stays stuck on the login like most users have stated.
    I would also be very interested to see this bar file.
    12-31-11 08:07 AM
    5 pages and NO actual dload link of this said bar file of netflix???

anyone??? lolz
    01-01-12 09:31 AM
    Here is the bar file, but it doesn't work. When you start it, it will force you to do an update, but the update never works..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28765226/BarFiles/Netflix.bar

We need a good Android hacker to crack it open and make it so it doesn't try to force the update.. Anyone care to try?
    busterkev likes this.
    01-01-12 09:37 AM
    I tried the software the OP described:
    1) Downloaded trial of PlayLater and then downloaded videos from my Netflix Instant Queue and also Amazon Prime free videos
    2) Downloaded Replay Converter, paid version ($9.95 one-time charge) since I didn't want the watermark, and converted two videos downloaded by PlayLater
    3) Copied converted videos to PlayBook and tried them out; they were too fuzzy at "MPEG-4 High Quality(800 kbps)".
    4) Googled "Replay Converter" and found a YouTube video "Replay Converter: Customizing Target Formats when Converting ..." that explained how to change settings. Then I searched in CrackBerry for the best video settings for the PlayBook.
    5) In Replay Converter, I clicked on the Edit icon to the right of the "Target Format" and changed the settings to Frame Size = 1024x600, Frame Rate = 30, Bitrate = 1024; I didn't change the Audio settings. I changed the name of the Target Format to "MPEG-4 High Quality(1024 kbps)".
    6) I deleted the first videos from the PlayBook, ran the PlayLater videos through Replay Converter again, and copied them to the PlayBook. These looked great.
    7) I paid for PlayLater ($19.95 for 1 year at 50% holiday price).

For $30, I now am free of the irritation of wondering when there will be a Netflix app, and I have the choice whether to stream Amazon videos (which works great with the PlayBook over WiFi; I haven't tried it when bridged) or view them offline. It looks like I can do pretty much everything I can do with my Roku box (without PlayBook) but offline with PlayLater/Replay converted files on PlayBook. I'm a happy camper!

EDIT: As with another poster, I found that the video and audio go out of sync at some point. I've posted on the Applian website Replay Converter forum asking how to prevent the out-of-sync condition.
    Last edited by padamssm; 04-27-12 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Update with further results
    KermEd and awesker3#WN like this.
    01-02-12 01:06 AM
    @padamssm. Have you watch the entire converter files? For me the video and audio go out of sync at about 75% through the converter video regardless of show length. If your not having the issues what type of pc are you running replay converter on?
    01-02-12 02:25 PM
    works perfect for me . ill be posting a youtube link. maybe you guys are installing it the wrong way, i have 3 playbooks that are working perfect with this app.
    dont bother thanking me lol im not gonna get rich from it lol. unless it works doi

I was rooted and have the android market on mine , after the upgrade android market does not work anymore. maybe becuase i have installed it previous from the android market and installed the bar file as well it works, same isue with four square , no on gets the bar to work but after i installed it from the market and then upgraded to latest os2 it works fine with the bar file installed.
    i tested and im still rooted as well, i thought i lost that after the update but i did not.
    Still wating for that youtube link showing Netflix working on your device.
    01-02-12 10:46 PM
    If Wirelezz does in fact have it working, he can create a Playbook app backup and extract the bar files using the method I found on ipmart-forum. That would enable the rest of us to bypass the update so it might just work for us.

1. Backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software, and locate the *.bbb file.
    2. Unpack the *.bbb file as a zip archive, and you'll get "Archive/app.tar" from the archive.
    3. Unpack the app.tar, and you'll find many "gYAB********" folders under the unpacked "/app/" directory.
    4. Find "MANIFEST.MF" recursively under these folders. They are text files contain info about application packages.
    5. When you have found the "MANIFEST.MF" which belongs to the app you want to share, you'll notice that it's under a "*/bin/META-INF" directory structure.
    6. Goto "*/bin" (Go up one folder level), and there are one folder named "META-INF" and another folder named "native" or "air" or "android"
    7. Make a zip archive out of these two folders, and rename the extension to "bar".
    01-03-12 09:28 AM
    I found this article about Netflix and thought it might help as the bar file might be for netflix in canada and so the reverse might be required for anyone in the us.

Netflix Canada for Android | Random Musings of a ComputerAbuser
    01-03-12 05:51 PM
    Here is the bar file, but it doesn't work. When you start it, it will force you to do an update, but the update never works..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28765226/BarFiles/Netflix.bar

We need a good Android hacker to crack it open and make it so it doesn't try to force the update.. Anyone care to try?

Got the the sign in page and doesnt do anything after clicking sign in...
    Anyone know what thats about?

Like Mojoski said, Anyone out there that can fix this app?
    Last edited by busterkev; 01-03-12 at 07:01 PM.
    01-03-12 06:56 PM
    I found this article about Netflix and thought it might help as the bar file might be for netflix in canada and so the reverse might be required for anyone in the us.

So we need a vpn based in Canada? Too much hassle. It would be best for Netflix to release Playbook app.
    01-03-12 09:35 PM

ahhh crap damn netflix canada
    01-04-12 09:03 AM
    Wirelezz, any chance you could post a newly extracted bar file created from a backup - or at least a video of a working copy of Netflix on the Playbook? That would at least give some of us hope that Netflix might work.
    01-05-12 10:28 AM
    i am in canada and i could not get it to work. even from market place directly
    01-05-12 09:15 PM
    Ok, I'm going to put this to rest right now for you guys I checked out the BAR file provided. It is only half the size of all the other netflix apps and showed up as a version 1.0.1. I cracked it to think it is version 5.0.1.

In case you guys want to try a bunch of different Netflix versions yourselves, I converted a bunch. All the normal ones I found on the internet crash at launch.

One from this forum thread (untouched):
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down...flix_nocrk.bar

Modified to think it is 5.0.1
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down...etflix_crk.bar

Netflix Beta [Device Check Disabled] Beta
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down...netflixdcd.bar

Netflix 1.3.0
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down.../netflix13.bar

Netflix 1.5.2
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down...netflix152.bar

Netflix 1.6.0
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down...netflix160.bar

End result: No luck.

I converted PlayOn:
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down...rts/playon.bar

No luck as well. m.playon.tv does work though in QNX browser.

~ed.
    mikelcal likes this.
    01-05-12 10:26 PM
    Note: I read an interesting article, Netflix leaves junk on your system when upgrading. Recommended to do a clean install between or crashes can occur at launch. Apparently. :P
    01-05-12 10:26 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD