yes i got the update to
    Did the update take a long time to apply? Also, is your Playbook rooted with Dingleberry. Mine isn't and I'm wondering if that is why it seems to be getting stuck waiting on the update to be applied? The update downloaded pretty quick but I just seem to be stuck here at the "Preparing to update..." screen.
    12-29-11 07:37 PM
    Hmm indicates there's an update, I hit ok - get a message saying the setting is not supported by my playbook and it kicks me to the login screen; however, when I input my credentials, it appears to try to login but never actually succeeds, just stays at the login screen... so close...
    12-29-11 07:55 PM
    Hmm.. I'm in the dingleberry.it irc channel with the smart people and am seeing if they can figure out an answer for us.

Interestingly enough, rustmonkey, when I run it I never get the message about the update not being supported. What OS are you running? I get the message saying it downloads the update and then it just kind of hangs there when it is about to apply the update..
    12-29-11 07:58 PM
    I am getting, "The requested setting is not supported by the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet." Do have to be rooted? I am running OS 2.0.0.4869
    Last edited by MOTH477; 12-29-11 at 08:02 PM.
    12-29-11 08:00 PM
    This works for Canadian Netflix as well.

And I am on OS 1.0.8.6067

Also get some of the other shows. Not all.
    hi I have the same OS (1.0.8.6067), I did the sideload and it does not work.... What I am doing different?
    12-29-11 08:14 PM
    Hmm.. I'm in the dingleberry.it irc channel with the smart people and am seeing if they can figure out an answer for us.

Interestingly enough, rustmonkey, when I run it I never get the message about the update not being supported. What OS are you running? I get the message saying it downloads the update and then it just kind of hangs there when it is about to apply the update..
    I'm running OS 2.0.0.6149 - latest public beta available...

...what's even stranger is that I had downloaded and installed a converted Rhapsody app that never worked (after multiple restarts, reinstallations, etc) and now for some strange reason it's working after I installed the Netflix bar - does this bar have any added libs or anything special from the other converted netflix installers???
    Last edited by rustmonkey; 12-29-11 at 08:20 PM.
    12-29-11 08:18 PM
    hi I have the same OS (1.0.8.6067), I did the sideload and it does not work.... What I am doing different?
    None of these Android apps work with the v1.0.8 OS.. He was talking about using the other solution mentioned earlier in the thread, where you have to install some software on your PC and run it through that..

You have to have the OS2 beta running to use Android apps..
    jjca likes this.
    12-29-11 08:20 PM
    None of these Android apps work with the v1.0.8 OS.. He was talking about using the other solution mentioned earlier in the thread, where you have to install some software on your PC and run it through that..

You have to have the OS2 beta running to use Android apps..
    thank you very much... installing the 2.0.0.6149 21%, let see if it works...
    12-29-11 08:27 PM
    where is this 2.0 beta? link me guys!
    12-29-11 08:48 PM
    where is this 2.0 beta? link me guys!
    Here it is, but just be aware that it is a dev beta.. It doesn't support all apps and it does have some glitches:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...beta/register/
    12-29-11 08:54 PM
    thanks. i will consider installing it.
    12-29-11 09:07 PM
    im running on os 2.0.0.6149
    No android players on my end i just use the qnx player.

try this bar it works perfect for me.

Please hit the thanks !
    It doesn't work for me unfortunately. I can't even launch it. I am on 2.0.0.6149 also and have installed many Android apps that do work, but this is a no-go.

I wonder how are some other systems different with the same OS version.

Guys, who get to the update screen are you rooted?
    12-29-11 09:08 PM
    I am not rooted... I install it, get to the update screen and then hang at the preparing to update after it downloads...... Wish it would update!!
    12-29-11 09:17 PM
    Question. Does this 2.0 OS have an android player or do I have to side load it?
    12-29-11 09:23 PM
    Question. Does this 2.0 OS have an android player or do I have to side load it?
    Android player is included.
    12-29-11 09:26 PM
    Android player is included.
    Yep, and there is no icon for it.. Just sideload some android bar files and they will work..

Hope that helps!
    12-29-11 09:31 PM
    And I'm not rooted yet either, but I get the update screen and hang after it downloads..
    12-29-11 09:32 PM
    When you first installed it, did it tell you a new version was out and you had to upgrade to use the app? Mine did.. It downloaded something and is now sitting at "Preparing to update".. Been sitting there a while.. Will let it sit and see what it does.
    ok, I have installed the OS 2, no dingleberry... as soon as I try to run the app it tells me that there is an update... once i clik ok it tells me "The request setting is not supported by the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet"... also I am in Canada.... what can I do?
    12-29-11 09:37 PM
    Hmmm I guess I'm getting the same problem everyone else is with the netflix bar. I have 2.0.0.6149 and rooted. Stuck on sign in screen with the same update crap. Also have alot of working android apps installed and working. Solutions anyone?
    12-30-11 12:59 AM
    did anyone try ignoring the update or does it force you to update?
    It only makes sense that it will fail during the update process as it is likely to be an update to the original apk file.
    Weeber likes this.
    12-30-11 08:25 AM
    Wirelezz seemed to be able to get the app to actually work. I know native apps can be extracted from a backup and then side-loaded. Can the same be done for Android apps? If so, maybe Wirelezz could create a bar file for the updated app.
    12-30-11 09:22 AM
    @ Wirelezz did you just bluff us about this app working? Since you posted the bar file you are MIA. What's up with that? Was this all about you getting thanked and liked for something that doesn't even work? Way to go buddy
    stesyl likes this.
    12-30-11 10:34 AM
    did anyone try ignoring the update or does it force you to update?
    It only makes sense that it will fail during the update process as it is likely to be an update to the original apk file.
    I did and it just stays on the login screen but not action.
    12-30-11 10:36 AM
    No go, running rooted OS2. clossal waste of time
    12-30-11 10:37 AM
    Yea I don't think it every really worked...
    12-30-11 10:55 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD