Is it possible to get netflix working on a different browser we can purchase through BlackBerry World? I know netflix has been an issue and it can be side loaded but I'd like to know if its available through different means.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:43 PM
    No, it won't work.
    03-09-14 09:45 PM
    Thanks Blaze.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:59 PM
    Wow, way to crush a person's hope... I thought I read many months back that Netflix was working on a new way to play over a different type of browser.. (not yet available though) as a new model so they don't have to support so many different standard or versions.

Posted via CB10
    Shawn Fitzgerald likes this.
    03-09-14 10:05 PM
    Netflix is more a Silverlight issue than flash. PB doesn't support Silverlight. They were supposed to be working on HTML5 support but I don't know how motivated they are since they have desktop, android, Windows 8.x, Windows Phone, and iOS covered with Silverlight or apps.
    03-10-14 07:25 AM
    You can stream Netflix over WIFI to your PlayBook using PlayOn app on your PC
    03-10-14 12:48 PM
    You could always download World War Z from the video store. It is great and yes this won't help you get netflix but you can enjoy the movie.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-10-14 09:41 PM
    Probably one of the biggest reasons the device failed, the pointless &#&@ measuring contest between RIM and Netflix.
    03-12-14 12:24 AM
    You could always download World War Z from the video store. It is great and yes this won't help you get netflix but you can enjoy the movie.
    And it wont work in the uk - cos we dont have the video store, well done BBRY fo rcreating another condition to help the playbook to bomb.

The funny thing is, I can download movies on my Z30 here in the uk - go figure.

But why would I want to watch a movie on a 5" screen when I have a beautifull 7" screen with fantastic sound, it would be ok if I could stream my video content from my Z30 to my PB over bridge, but hey what do I know about it
    03-12-14 03:43 AM
    PlayBook UK channel C001CB4A1, Netflix on the PlayBook ....the British Solution!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    03-12-14 07:10 AM
    PlayBook UK channel C001CB4A1, Netflix on the PlayBook ....the British Solution!

It's already been mentioned that you can play Netflix with Playon, which is all that is mentioned in your channel. No REAL solution to viewing Netflix on playbook.
    Cynycl and anon(5597702) like this.
    03-12-14 08:31 AM
    It's already been mentioned that you can play Netflix with Playon, which is all that is mentioned in your channel. No REAL solution to viewing Netflix on playbook.
    At least in US, Amazon Prime Instant Video streaming works with Origami browser. About the same content. Cancel the Netflix and hit them in the pocketbook. They were hurting pretty bad when they raised their rates and people started cancelling on them. But they seem to have recovered from that...
    03-12-14 10:00 AM
    The components for a successful British Netflix setup are listed on PBUK.

03-12-14 11:07 AM
    The components for a successful British Netflix setup are listed on PBUK.

Can you at least call a spade a spade? The only ways to access Netflix from the PB are called "workarounds," at best.
    03-12-14 12:15 PM
    Netflix will actually detect the hardware running on a device. Similar to when I got my ARM based chromebook. Even if I made Netflix think I was running in Firefox or Internet Explorer it would still not support it

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 01:35 PM
    Can you at least call a spade a spade? The only ways to access Netflix from the PB are called "workarounds," at best.
    PlayOn provides many TV And Movie channels to stream to your PlayBook and other compatible devices in the house. Netflix is only one of the entertainment channels provided. The best thing about PlayOn is its plugin Playlater with which you can record Movies (Inc Netflix) and TV to watch later on your devices without the need for WIFI. If all this us a workaround to get Netflix on the PlayBook then it's a very good one!

Last edited by PlayBook UK; 03-12-14 at 02:36 PM.
    03-12-14 02:18 PM
    I don't know why people keep boasting PlayOn to watch Netflix. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't PlayOn a paid subscription service? I'm not trying to single anyone out, as I've heard the suggestion from a few people, but I don't think a "solution" to watching a paid service is to subscribe to another paid service. I guess if one has other uses for PlayOn and want to pay the annual or one time fee options, then fine.
    03-14-14 05:47 AM
    I don't think a "solution" to watching a paid service is to subscribe to another paid service..
    Especially since one can watch netflix on their playbook using splashtop, a maybe five dollar app with no subscription fees. Plus, splashtop has the added benefit of allowing you to "run" Windows 7 or 8 on your Playbook. I just sideloaded an app on my playbook using splashtop without having to touch my PC. The only caveat is that some older PCs may not play so well with splashtop.
    03-14-14 11:27 AM