A great product that could allow for streaming of the above and then some, but they need a little push. Lets try and get PlayOn support for the PlayBook. Maybe we can get around the netflix/hulu corporate garbage.

App/Support for BlackBerry PlayBook? | PlayOn
    08-27-11 05:45 PM
    What pisses most of us off(or at least me) is that those sites were working on the PB launch thru the browser and then quickly got taken down a couple days later. At least they could have given all of us access until an actual app was created. Really a downer for those site to do that. I was really excited the day I bought it and then they had to shut down their sites to us Playbook "mobile users"(as they said).
    08-27-11 11:23 PM
    Or if we got Boxee to make an App (like I posted last week) we could run Apps like this through Boxee and even get more content through Boxee alone.
    08-28-11 10:19 AM
    I agree 100% with the post to port over PLAYON or just allow it to work..

I've spoken to playon about 6times about this issue and my only response has been that device is not "yet" supported

08-28-11 11:04 AM
    I always find it stupid that a phone like the LG Revolution has Netflix yet the Playbook does not. The LG Revolution is not a big seller at all.
    08-28-11 12:05 PM
    Made an account and posted
    08-28-11 12:44 PM
    you could be from canada where none of these sites work.
    08-28-11 04:41 PM
    I always find it stupid that a phone like the LG Revolution has Netflix yet the Playbook does not. The LG Revolution is not a big seller at all.
    It was also annoying that the Revolution got Netflix before the Thunderbolt, which was out sooner. It has it now, after some delays and It is cool to have!

Too bad Netflix changed their plans though. Grr. I miss the free streaming with paid plan. Now I have streaming only plan.
    08-28-11 05:29 PM
    Sad but true. I AM CANADIAN.
    08-28-11 06:32 PM
    My kids give me crap because they can watch Netflix on their iPod Touches.
    This is really lame.
    I got an Amazon Prime trial to see about movies. It is a joke compared to Netflix.
    08-28-11 06:33 PM
    "This item is not supported in your current device profile"
    So, how do I load and run the ap?
    08-28-11 07:31 PM
    Funny, I go to that site from my PB and then it opens my AppWorld with a message "This item is not supported by your current device profile." What's up with that..?
    08-28-11 07:53 PM
    Sorry, I have no idea how to find this. I habe been searching app world for the last few minutes.
    Can you please be more explicit?
    Thanks.
    08-28-11 07:55 PM
    I think he's urging you guys to send feedback to complain about the lack of it.
    08-28-11 08:04 PM
    between the two,i would like to see hulu at first.its a great site.i don't like movies unless im traveling.im more of a tv series person.e.g true blood.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 08-28-11 at 08:30 PM.
    cebreeze likes this.
    08-28-11 08:28 PM
    There are only 5 items in that area, none of them the feedback tool.
    500FE346 is my pin, go for it!
    Thanks, dude.
    08-28-11 09:43 PM
    For those that have requests for RIM about this matter...you may benefit from downloading the app in the provided link in my signature

These sites are recognizing the PB as a mobile browser. RIM needs to program it in a way that servers recognize the device as a desktop browser!

Take my advice and send, send, SEND it to RIM!

Just a minor fix IMHO....but if RIM isn't aware of what you would like..it won't be fixed
    It's not that simple, Hulu is also checking the Adobe Flash plugin which also identifies the PB as a mobile device and access is blocked. Netflix uses Silverlight not flash which is not supported by the PB browser so Netflix isn't really blocking anything.
    08-28-11 11:13 PM
    I will try that.
    As far as I know Netflix has never worked on PB, it was the first thing I tried upon purchasing the second day it was on the US market.
    It is a Silverlight thing.
    Sucks that iPods and Pads can play it and not the mighty PB.
    OK, enough ******** about that here. Either it is in the works for 2.0 or RIM underestimated the demand of their power users.
    08-29-11 06:22 AM
    Sad but true. I AM CANADIAN.

I'm from Canada (Qc) and I watch Netflix all the time.
    08-29-11 09:32 AM
    Silverlight sucks. Netflix on the PC is the worst way to get HD over any other streaming device that is HD capable.

I'd much rather have a Netflix App, but... I guess anything is better than nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD