is there any confirmation or hints?
    01-10-12 11:30 PM
    No confirmation, no hints - and Netflix thus far has declined to offer support for the PlayBook.
    01-10-12 11:41 PM
    Hard to say - that's up to netflix. They are almost foolish not to support playbook now.

netflix is almost the last remaining criticism people have left to muster up - it's getting funny as it gets tinier and tinier as other "deficiencies' are crossed of the list one by one and new innovations are added...

and of course ... skype!
    sf49ers and bbfan1040 like this.
    01-10-12 11:41 PM
    Yea Netflix is foolish not to support the PlayBook because Blackberry is soon to have their own video store. Amazon and Apple already have their own video store on their own platform. Soon there will be no space for Netflix to compete on any platform.
    bbfan1040 and jivegirl14 like this.
    01-11-12 12:04 AM
    But then netflix has been foolish before....
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-11-12 12:23 AM
    Netflixs sux imo...i dont get it...who cares?
    Altarocks likes this.
    01-11-12 12:30 AM
    well its netflix lost... imo
    01-11-12 12:33 AM
    I'd love it and for those who have Netflix it's all about not paying another bill for some. PB will have it's own video store. That's a great thing, but I will likely not use it because there is no way it will be free. Now for those who don't have a paid subscription to services like Netflix, then the PB Vid store will be awesome for sure! I suppose I can't judge it before trying it but awe heck I'm just ready for 2.0! Once it arrives in the wild, then we can start point out to RIM what the next development is that we want to see come to the platform. Wahoo!

Edit: and you know, if the PB video store is done right, I'll opt for that and drop Netflix finally. If they are doing a pay per video deal, then no. But if it's an affordable monthly subscription, much more likely.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 01-11-12 at 12:41 AM.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-11-12 12:37 AM
    Boooooo! We should occupy Netflix.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-11-12 12:44 AM
    The PlayBook video store will be powered by Rovi

I'll let you all decide if that's a good or bad thing.
    01-11-12 12:47 AM
    yeah lets do a petition.
    01-11-12 12:48 AM
    The OS 2.0 dev beta includes fragments of Netflix support. I'd call it definitive proof that it's being worked on. When it will be released I can't say. It's also still possible for it to get derailed before completion.
    01-11-12 12:49 AM
    I guess as a Canadian, I never got what the big deal is with Netflix; I tried it for a few months when it came on available on my PS3, and I swear that the majority of the content was created before television even existed - ok, that's sarcasm but you get the point.
    01-11-12 12:51 AM
    I guess as a Canadian, I never got what the big deal is with Netflix; I tried it for a few months when it came on available on my PS3, and I swear that the majority of the content was created before television even existed - ok, that's sarcasm but you get the point.
    Netflix content for Canada has improved a lot since the initial release. Not saying it's amazingly great just saying, it has improved and quite a plausible purchase for many folks.. myself included.

However; that said -- I still use a VPN to access the US side of things which, btw the PlayBook supports..not for Netflix but other 'blocked' US content I mean.
    nickbettschen likes this.
    01-11-12 12:56 AM
    I'd love it and for those who have Netflix it's all about not paying another bill for some. PB will have it's own video store. That's a great thing, but I will likely not use it because there is no way it will be free. Now for those who don't have a paid subscription to services like Netflix, then the PB Vid store will be awesome for sure! I suppose I can't judge it before trying it but awe heck I'm just ready for 2.0! Once it arrives in the wild, then we can start point out to RIM what the next development is that we want to see come to the platform. Wahoo!

Edit: and you know, if the PB video store is done right, I'll opt for that and drop Netflix finally. If they are doing a pay per video deal, then no. But if it's an affordable monthly subscription, much more likely.
    I'll have no problem paying more for decent titles. I cancelled Netflix after about 2 months simply because I think their library sucks. Too many 20-year-old B list titles. But for those of you that want it I hope it becomes available.
    defiantpunk likes this.
    01-11-12 12:56 AM
    I agree with Bla1ze. Netfix content has improved in Canada. Still lots of oldies but some gems as well. I watched Midnight Cowboy the other day and had Harvest Moon (Neil Young) playing in the background another evening while I did some work.

Curious about the new BB video store and how they'll manage the DRM thing.
    01-11-12 01:18 AM
    I had a netflix trial subscription for a month - after thumbing through all the B and C movies and all the ones I had already seen and all the old releases and the new ones that had endured about a week in the theaters, and the children's movies and the sophomoric college movies - I spent the month watching the Madmen TV series and cancelled - probably would not have needed netflix for that.
    mariobastros likes this.
    01-11-12 01:37 AM
    Eh...south park studios is supposed to work on QNX. That would provide hours of entertainment for me.
    mariobastros likes this.
    01-11-12 01:42 AM
    Why will the video store not be available in Canada?
    01-11-12 07:06 AM
    I don't get it either, got a flyer to do a trial Netflix the other day and neither my husband nor I were interested. I threw it away.... and we are flim both buffs. I just have zero interest in Netflix. I also heard from other people who had tried it that the content wasn't that great either.
    01-11-12 07:27 AM
    There is no indication of Netflix coming to the PlayBook anytime soon.

The guy asked a simple question, why not give him a simple response, instead of "well, that is the companys responsibility".

The answer is No.
    01-11-12 07:29 AM
    My Amazon Prime membership works quite well on the PlayBook.
    axllebeer likes this.
    01-11-12 07:45 AM
    With most of the poor quality and rehashed ideas of todays TV programming, I find it fun to watch shows that are old. Watched the first two epis of Buck Rogers over the weekend. Streaming Media is where things are going so I feel content will improve. If RIM would get there own service out and come out with BBTV like has been mentioned I'd give them a shot, but they still need to support multiplatform video services too. Not even apple locks you in to only there stuff.
    01-11-12 07:57 AM
    i called netflix to complain. i was told they were working on .
    so far u can acces netflix, hulu with tversity app that supports playon.
    its on app world
    mariobastros likes this.
    01-11-12 08:08 AM
    This has turned into a debate about Netflix is good or not. That was not the question. There are many things you like/require that I don't like/need. Netflix has enough subscribers across the globe to warrant people mentioning it on this forum.

I would be grateful if someone could let me know why we won't be able to use the Andoid Netflix App on OS2.0 via Android App Player?
    01-11-12 08:09 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD