Totally different question... how does one move up from User to Abuser etc?

just post a lot, remember you should had been a crackberry newbie before
    02-09-12 04:25 PM
    Wish they would hurry up with it.
    02-09-12 04:34 PM
    Wish they would hurry up with it.
    My position on OS2 is that it probably could have shipped in some form last October, as promised, and that one of the biggest reasons for putting off until February was because it allowed time to set up a big marketing reboot.

I think part of that "reboot" is the announcement of a few big, key apps. We already saw Zinio profiled at CES, and I think the odds are excellent that we'll see Netflix as part of the relaunch.
    02-09-12 04:41 PM
    The Netflix app for Kindle Fire sucks.

Even worse, the speakers on the Kindle Fire sucks as well.

PB needs a Netflix app. I don't know why there isn't one, but whatever...soon.
    Couldn't disagree more. i bought two for both of my young kids, and the Netflix app is actually terrific. I haven't seen it on any other tab, but it beats the pants off of the Netflix apps on Roku, our BR players, and the Wii. The Recently Watched feature is actually small screens showing you just were you left off with the ability to just hit play (as opposed to a simple icon). Love to see that on the PB. The speaker does suck compared to the PB's. though, of course.
    02-09-12 06:30 PM
    The Netflix app for Kindle Fire sucks.

Even worse, the speakers on the Kindle Fire sucks as well.

PB needs a Netflix app. I don't know why there isn't one, but whatever...soon.
    The Netflix app for the Fire is the standard Android Netflix app, and IMO, its great. If there is a problem with the Fire and Netflix, its with the Fire's limited video rendering ability. It just looks ok, not great. I love my Fire but its gone the day iPad 3 gets here(which should be in less than a month)!
    02-09-12 08:15 PM
    Yup i recall a thread and someone actually contacted netflix to find out. I am pretty sure netflix will want to capture the tablet market (tho they didn't care much for the BB phones) hopefully the playbook will get a quick release.
    I just got off the phone with Netflix.ca and was told, "we have a big push on to get the Playbook done sooner rather than later and obviously the Blackberry phones too after that."

She said she didn't know any dates, "just soon like within a few weeks or a month or two."

I'm suprised they're talking about phones because the screens are so smallso I hope she's right about the pb.
    02-09-12 08:21 PM
    Take everything with a grain of salt.

Neither Netflix nor RIM have said anything about Netflix.
    02-09-12 08:35 PM
    I'm not hot for Netflix, but I hope for the folks that want it, that it shows up.

If I really wanted it and it does'nt appear on PB, I would just buy a $100 Apple TV device.
    02-10-12 12:15 AM
    I'm not hot for Netflix, but I hope for the folks that want it, that it shows up.

If I really wanted it and it does'nt appear on PB, I would just buy a $100 Apple TV device.
    That would just be for when you are housebound, and most of us who use Netflix already have Netflix in the house through the Netflix apps on BR players, Roku, Wii, the TV itself, or, yes, Apple TV, etc. Even on the PB if one has PlayOn.

But the point is to watch Netflix on the PB out of the house (or even in the house, considering the PlayOn solution is a bit clumsier than a dedicated app).
    PostMortem likes this.
    02-10-12 06:34 AM
    Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumours about netflix coming to the playbook. Having an hdmi output would be perfect to use your playbook as a portable player. I know the iphone and ipad have the capability to do it but I'm not sure if they are able to output it onto a bigger tv.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is one of the major reasons I purchased an ipad2, you can buy an HDMI adaptor and use it to play Netflix on my HDMI TV, also you can use ipod touch 4th gen (I just watched ALL the Steven Van Zant's "Lillyhammer" eight episodes using my ipod touch 4th gen) Unfortunately, the PlayBook is getting NO respect from apps like Netflix , etc.
    02-10-12 08:44 AM
    That is one of the major reasons I purchased an ipad2, you can buy an HDMI adaptor and use it to play Netflix on my HDMI TV, also you can use ipod touch 4th gen (I just watched ALL the Steven Van Zant's "Lillyhammer" eight episodes using my ipod touch 4th gen) Unfortunately, the PlayBook is getting NO respect from apps like Netflix , etc.
    Time, time, time. 1.0 is a little child. Let it grow to 2.0. RIM is clearly waiting to market 2.0; who knows what they have in for us. They may already have a Netflix app. They aren't stupid . If anything, Netflix told them NONONONONO.
    02-10-12 09:24 AM
    02-28-12 10:11 AM
    I know it has been said before (and is surely not the best solution) but Playon works really well on the playbook. I stream from anywhere now and it's pretty good quality. I know you have to pay for it, but if you really need netflix and use it a lot, it might be worth the $29 yearly fee. I also love that it lets me stream hulu and ESPN3.
    02-28-12 10:52 AM
    I know it has been said before (and is surely not the best solution) but Playon works really well on the playbook. I stream from anywhere now and it's pretty good quality. I know you have to pay for it, but if you really need netflix and use it a lot, it might be worth the $29 yearly fee. I also love that it lets me stream hulu and ESPN3.
    ...and if I were a US resident I'd seriously consider it. But since Hulu and many of the other services that PlayOn carries just plain don't work in Canada, the value proposition is questionable for me.

And, yes, it worked reasonably well at home (though not entirely reliable, either). I've been able to get spotty streaming away from home, but I found it flaky enough to be frustrating.
    02-28-12 11:17 AM
    I just signed the petition. http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...berry-devices#
    I don't use Netflix but feel we should have the option.
    I wrote, "I would like Blackberry Playbook and Smartphone users to have the option to use Netflix on their devices just as much as Apple, Sony, Android and many others.
    I think that ignoring >75million (and growing) global Blackberry users is a marketing mistake."
    02-28-12 11:38 AM
    I have just signed the petition and it looks like the 500 number will be hit today - how cool!

I've already cancelled my Netflix subscription and won't be returning unless they start to listen to their customers.

I'm just shocked that they didn't release an app a year ago. Even if they just picked up 5,000 new members over the last year as a result of it being on the playbook that would (at $9 per month) be over HALF A MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR in revenues.

Assuming only 5,000 people ever joined as a result of the Playbook (highly unlikely), that would still work out at over $2.5 MILLION over a five year period.

That's just 5,000. It could easily have been ten times that amount with the right marketing push.

Even if they spent $50k creating the app (it definitely wouldn't cost anywhere near that) they'd still be laughing all the way to the bank.

If you ask me there is more to this than meets the eye, as it doesn't make commercial sense to ignore half a million Playbook users and tens of millions of Blackberry users.
    02-28-12 12:27 PM
    I just got off the phone with Netflix.ca and was told, "we have a big push on to get the Playbook done sooner rather than later and obviously the Blackberry phones too after that."
    I really hope this is truthful! Cautiously optimistic perhaps?
    02-28-12 12:33 PM
    ...and if I were a US resident I'd seriously consider it. But since Hulu and many of the other services that PlayOn carries just plain don't work in Canada, the value proposition is questionable for me.

And, yes, it worked reasonably well at home (though not entirely reliable, either). I've been able to get spotty streaming away from home, but I found it flaky enough to be frustrating.
    Streaming videos stored on my PC remotely on my PB works fine for me via PlayOn. That's almost worth the price of admission in and of itself.
    02-28-12 12:47 PM
    Dear Netflix, can you help me clean up this table? One of these devices I take to work my overnight shifts is only used for 1 thing. Guess which one...
    leedium likes this.
    03-09-12 09:31 PM
    Netflix is one of the have to when I travel.
    03-11-12 02:36 PM
    ..just signed.... is there a petition for Skype as well?
    Last edited by leedium; 03-11-12 at 02:46 PM.
    03-11-12 02:43 PM
    There's already a Skype Android converted app for playbook working but without video chat, try searching "Skype .Bar"
    03-12-12 08:03 PM
    Guys
    If you go on your PB and go to Ver Peliculas Online | Cine Gratis | Estrenos en linea | PeliculasMas.com you can watch any of the new realeses out there ,is in spanish but yuo have the option to change it to english, last nite i watched hangover2, very funny movie
    Sorry but how do you change the language to english on this site?
    08-19-12 07:48 AM
123 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD