08-19-12 07:48 AM
123 123 ...
tools
    Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumours about netflix coming to the playbook. Having an hdmi output would be perfect to use your playbook as a portable player. I know the iphone and ipad have the capability to do it but I'm not sure if they are able to output it onto a bigger tv.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    buffandsweet33 likes this.
    03-03-11 09:15 AM
    I mentioned months ago that Netflix said they are working on it.
    03-03-11 10:53 AM
    Yup i recall a thread and someone actually contacted netflix to find out. I am pretty sure netflix will want to capture the tablet market (tho they didn't care much for the BB phones) hopefully the playbook will get a quick release.
    03-03-11 11:26 AM
    Yup i recall a thread and someone actually contacted netflix to find out. I am pretty sure netflix will want to capture the tablet market (tho they didn't care much for the BB phones) hopefully the playbook will get a quick release.
    that would be me.
    RudyWixon likes this.
    03-03-11 11:46 AM
    Thanks for the updates sorry missed your thread

03-03-11 12:30 PM
    i mentioned months ago that netflix said they are working on it.
    fantastic!!!

03-03-11 12:39 PM
    if Netflix is no-go on the PB, the PB is a no-go for me. Gotta have Pandora and Netflix on all my portable electronics. I didn't buy my first Storm until I verified that Pandora worked on it.
    JorgeBMW likes this.
    03-03-11 05:07 PM
    Saw this:

BlackBerry PlayBook Netflix Queue Manager | BlackBerry PlayBook | PlayBook Daily

Not sure how it relates to an official Netflix app but it looks promising...

AR
    03-03-11 05:13 PM
    if Netflix is no-go on the PB, the PB is a no-go for me. Gotta have Pandora and Netflix on all my portable electronics. I didn't buy my first Storm until I verified that Pandora worked on it.
    Huh? You said it will happen. How come you seem unsure now?

03-03-11 05:30 PM
    That's kind of my put off on the Xoom and Android. I don't want to pay PlayOn to stream Netflix. I'm waiting to hear what's going to happen with the PB as far Netflix.

That's one reason the iPad2 is still on my list of potentials. Really from day1 it can do everything I want to do. I just don't care for the 4:3 screen and I want a different OS on my tablet vs phone but also our company has started having Android apps developed. I'm not an official programmer for the company, they're at our HQ location but I have wrote some applications for my location and actually the head IT over the whole system has asked me to write application for internal use, nuff blabbing if I went with an Android I could get some company money toward it because I can say I'm going to test or write company apps for it.

At this moment I really don't know which way I'm going
    03-03-11 05:39 PM
    does the playbook even need netflix? cant you just use the full web to stream content anyway.i think it has divx support
    03-03-11 07:49 PM
    Netflix uses Silverlight...
    03-03-11 07:59 PM
    I tell you what needs to come to the tablet market. An ESPN360 app. God I wish those ESPN Nazis would come off their money grubbing crap. Just release and app that works just like their website where it checks for what ISP you're using and if they're licensed for the site use. Screw having to use Flash to see the video playback.
    Harley Kid likes this.
    03-04-11 12:01 AM
    Seems someone is using Apple.

Screw having to use Flash to see the video playback.
    03-04-11 01:17 AM
    does the playbook even need netflix? cant you just use the full web to stream content anyway.i think it has divx support
    Yes I thought that too but like the other poster said, the web browser has to have silver light installed and I don't know if silverlight has a qnx version yet.

Oh, if all these things come together and we can stream video to the playbook- how cool would that be?

My wife does it all the time to her ipad. Pisses me off.

03-04-11 05:23 AM
    netflix will be awesome on the playbook, cant' wait. And hulu
    03-04-11 06:27 AM
    I would like to see how Rim/PB is handling the security for DRM. This is a issue for Android devices and they are being required to have specific Hardware changes to manage this short coming. While QNX and PB are different I just haven't read on how they will manage this particular level of security required for Nflix.
    03-04-11 06:30 AM
    Just wondering with the changes Netflix's is making to subscriptions how many will get the app when and if it becomes available. For me i wont have streaming anymore after Sept 1 so it not a important app for me.
    07-13-11 03:53 PM
    I'm sure people will still want streaming. I canceled the DVD portion and went streaming only. I figured I could use RedBox or something. I do more streaming anyway but they need to update their content but that's on the studios.

What's crazy though it that the Nintendo 3DS is getting Netflix before the PB
    07-13-11 08:24 PM
    3 months later still nothing. What an effin joke...
    Last edited by luqman24; 07-13-11 at 11:59 PM.
    07-13-11 11:54 PM
    Guys
    If you go on your PB and go to Ver Peliculas Online | Cine Gratis | Estrenos en linea | PeliculasMas.com you can watch any of the new realeses out there ,is in spanish but yuo have the option to change it to english, last nite i watched hangover2, very funny movie
    garyhny and JorgeBMW like this.
    07-14-11 07:29 AM
    cool site...how do you switch to english?
    07-14-11 10:39 AM
    at the bottom of the movie you have the Mexican flag, or the british flag just click on it and it will work cheers !!
    07-14-11 10:46 AM
    Apparently NetFlix is now available on the nintendo 3DS, but not the Playbook. WTF?

Netflix streaming comes to the Nintendo 3DS tomorrow -- Engadget
    07-14-11 10:59 AM
    There is a lot of difference between SD and HD contents. Any device can get Netflix apps running --- if they only get SD content.
    07-14-11 11:08 AM
123 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD