I spoke with Netflix today in response to an email concerning my account, which I suspended in the Fall. I told them I would reActivate but wanted to know that Netflix was or will be working with Blackberry/RIM to make netflix available to BB Playbook users. The person I spoke to seemed awared of the issue; said other callers had mentioned this request and that it IS being worked on by the two companies. Here's hoping..
    01-19-12 05:14 PM
    Guys u do know you can watch Netflix on the Playbook with Playon.
    also watch Hulu on it.
    pretty simple to setup too
    01-19-12 05:47 PM
    i had to rma my pb a week ago and the tech i was speaking ask how i like the pb and i said it is great except that i was missing skype (i use skype every day) and netflix. He told me his friend is working on the netflix app. He did not know when it might be released. still, at least they are working on it.
    01-19-12 08:03 PM
    Guys u do know you can watch Netflix on the Playbook with Playon.also watch Hulu on it.pretty simple to setup too
    It'll be much appreciated if you can explain how it's done.
    01-20-12 12:45 AM
    also watch Hulu on it.
    Sure you can, but it only solves the problem while you are at home, or are you going to carry your laptop/desktop everywhere you carry your PB?
    gladiatorofyale likes this.
    01-20-12 12:56 AM
    also watch Hulu on it.
    I'm just not used to watching it choppy and with all those cracking sounds...
    I want Netflix to run like Huluberry!
    01-20-12 01:19 AM
    The Android App tries to update but fails...if someone could only convert the latest apk, it would be awesome!!!
    01-20-12 01:29 AM
    Netflix loses 800,000 subscribers in the last 3rd quarter, 60% price hikes, stock that was traded at $305.00 last year, drops to $90.00 in 6 months (greatest loser on NASDAQ last year), and a customer satisfaction rep that placed it at #2 for an online retailer down to #18...I don't see a reason for any love here.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    01-20-12 01:35 AM
    Netflix loses 800,000 subscribers in the last 3rd quarter, 60% price hikes, stock that was traded at $305.00 last year, drops to $90.00 in 6 months (greatest loser on NASDAQ last year), and a customer satisfaction rep that placed it at #2 for an online retailer down to #18...I don't see a reason for any love here.
    I fail to see how your comment relates to PB owners wanting to finally have Netflix support. Those of us who ask for it are obviously not part of those 800k former users. All the hits that Netflix took last year are a consequence of the price hike, so unless you are a shareholder I don't see why it should matter much.

Those of us who ask for the app must be somewhat satisfied with Netflix's service as evidenced by our request, which in turn proves that we are still willing to pay for a service that we consider somewhat useful.

You must not like to watch tv.
    01-20-12 09:01 AM
    That could easily be the RIM story...but yet here we are.
    01-20-12 09:27 AM
    That could easily be the RIM story...but yet here we are.
    Ahhhhh, someone who can read between the lines... my point exactly; yet, while many here are quick to condemn RIM (unusual for an enthusiast forum, but apparently the accepted and supported "new normal") for the reasons I condemn Netflix, there appears to be an outpouring of support for a failed business model who's time left on terra firma can only be measured in months.

I pay good money for cable service, and anything I might need for purely entertainment purposes, such as the availability of the latest movies, or old time classics, or favorite 50' and 60's TV shows I get thru my provider.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    01-20-12 10:28 AM
    Ahhhhh, someone who can read between the lines... my point exactly; yet, while many here are quick to condemn RIM (unusual for an enthusiast forum, but apparently the accepted and supported "new normal") for the reasons I condemn Netflix, there appears to be an outpouring of support for a failed business model who's time left on terra firma can only be measured in months.

I pay good money for cable service, and anything I might need for purely entertainment purposes, such as the availability of the latest movies, or old time classics, or favorite 50' and 60's TV shows I get thru my provider.
    Yeah, but other people do want Netflix, and I hope that things can be worked out, so that it will be available on our platform. Of course, I am very anxious to see what our new video store will provide, too.
    01-20-12 11:16 AM
    also watch Hulu on it.
    if im to open my laptop to watch netflix to then send it to my pb. then might as well watch it on my laptop .

its very clear. we want an app .not trough something else .
    i also canceled my netflix account till we get an app.
    i am part of the 800k and many of u as well im sure .
    01-20-12 12:46 PM
    I fail to see how your comment relates to PB owners wanting to finally have Netflix support.
    Yea and actually you would think the huge drop in revenue would motivate them to open up their service to more platforms. Kinda knocks you off your high horse when you lose at least $6,400,000 in revenue per month.
    Before you say that number isnt reasonable, do the math. Subscribers pay monthly; the basic rate is $8 though you can pay for plans that are more expensive... $8 X 800000 = $6.4 million.

When you figure there are plans like mine, $18/month, the real figure for revenue lost is around, or over, $12 million each month.

So again I would hope that attitude adjustment makes them realize they should expand to and not thumb their noses at rim.
    01-20-12 01:16 PM
    If the BB video store will have a reasonable rate like $8/month, combined with a selection that includes TV shows like 24, Medium, How I Met Your mother, kids cartoons, old school movies like Apocalypse Now, Terminator, IP Man, Office Space, Starz Movies, Documentaries, and foreign flicks, AND allow me to view it on our PS3 (upstairs), Xbox360 (living room), Nook Tablet (wife's), Nintendo 3DS (son's toy), all at the same time, then I'll switch right away. Netflix is established in multiplatform streaming of their movies and since we own all those other devices (as well as pcs and laptops), having it on the playbook would just be an added bonus. The playbook has great functionality and watching streamed content from Hulu looks great! I'm guessing Netflix would be just as nice.
    jasysguy likes this.
    01-20-12 05:11 PM
    What's up with this? I checked app world again of course and saw nothing. Of course that is what I expected as if this was true Bla1ze would have tweeted about it

Blackberry Playbook for Netflix | Netflix Activation Codes - Wii, Xoom, PS3
    ralphydelgado likes this.
    01-25-12 11:14 PM
    I suggest everyone swarm Roma De. His profile:

"I�m Roma De and as director of product management at Netflix, helping to expand the number of the devices that support streaming from Netflix is a major part of my job. Device expansion is also a key part of the company strategy."

Here is his email address:

[email protected]
    01-26-12 07:39 PM
    I actually just called BB and Netflix. BB said now its all up to netflix. Then Netflix said they are working on it and they really want to get it done to take over the tablet market...Hope they get it done soon!
    axllebeer likes this.
    02-08-12 05:33 PM
    it's been almost a year since this thread started, does that mean they've been working on the PlayBook for a long while now?
    02-08-12 06:11 PM
    I have Kindle Fire I don't really like since it doesn't have volume buttons and microphone. But - Netlix works fine on it (except volume control), and that's why I have it. Blackberry, please put Netflix on PlayBook, I will buy it the next day. Thanks
    02-09-12 12:50 PM
    I have Kindle Fire I don't really like since it doesn't have volume buttons and microphone. But - Netlix works fine on it (except volume control), and that's why I have it. Blackberry, please put Netflix on PlayBook, I will buy it the next day. Thanks
    The Netflix app for Kindle Fire sucks.

Even worse, the speakers on the Kindle Fire sucks as well.

PB needs a Netflix app. I don't know why there isn't one, but whatever...soon.
    02-09-12 12:58 PM
    Fire is using a skinned Android OS so it's probably just the regular Android app on it, not a special one created for it.
    02-09-12 01:13 PM
    Totally different question... how does one move up from User to Abuser etc?

02-09-12 01:54 PM
    I suggest everyone swarm Roma De. His profile:

"I�m Roma De and as director of product management at Netflix, helping to expand the number of the devices that support streaming from Netflix is a major part of my job. Device expansion is also a key part of the company strategy."

Here is his email address:

[email protected]
    Done.

10char
    02-09-12 01:58 PM
    Done as well!!

In the mean time, crackle.com does work on PB just fine. I know it isn't Netflix but at least it's something.
    02-09-12 02:03 PM
123 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD