This forum has become nothing but negative and problems people are having. I guess the ones of us that seem to never have trouble or don't expect out of the PB what it never was meant to deliver in the first place need to find another gathering place. Whew! there I said it ..No offense to anyone but I mean come on ..Maybe we need a positive experience forum for the PB..how about a legit intelligent troubleshooting forum and then that would leave this one for the "this don't work" and "why want it do this cause iPad does or Android does" Good grief Charlie Brown this is almost becoming unreadable
    03-17-12 11:06 AM
    I usually just skip those threads. You will always hear from those that are unhappy more than those who are content. Such is human nature.
    taylor96 likes this.
    03-17-12 11:15 AM
    "...has become..."? Hasn't it always been like this? With the way OS 2.0 it is right now, I can't imagine users being more satisfied with pre 2.0 OS before.
    03-17-12 11:16 AM
    How is this different from any support forum? Yep, a good number of people are enthusiasts, but the majority come here looking for answers.

I agree though, that comparing a PlayBook to an iPod (I actually saw tht happen) is pushing it a tad too far.
    03-17-12 11:20 AM
    Op,
    Sounds like we all need to laugh some... click the BLUE links below my signature and enjoy!
    03-17-12 11:21 AM
    So is your supposition that the increased negative tone of posts is due to a new class of BB 'haters'? Or is it that the membership in general has become unreasonably whiney?

I don't necessarily disagree with your observation on the overall tone of posts on the forum, but I think a simpler explanation is simply that RIM has tumbled from it's position as class-leader and continues to fall further and further behind the competition. As a result, satisfaction in the product is dropping and the need for support and assistance is rising.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

I guess the ones of us that seem to never have trouble or don't expect out of the PB what it never was meant to deliver in the first place need to find another gathering place
    That's not a terrible idea; admins could certainly create an additional forum for completely satisfied and loyal users with no complaints. I'm sure the threads would be incredibly positive all the time but I doubt they'd be particularly interesting or useful.

If you really find people's genuine negative experiences or requests for help to be 'unreadable', then maybe you're missing the point.
    wrusprod and akstone like this.
    03-17-12 11:30 AM
    I kind of agree with the OP; using my best guestimate human calculator, I would say 75% are enthusiasts who enjoy the PlayBook for all that it can do, and because it will not be rendered irrelevent in a year or less with an ever so slighlyt updated model, and are here (the members of this 75%) because they truly believe in trouble shooting problems, and care to provide solutions that perhaps RIM itself cannot. The remaining 25% are just trouble makers... but, in their "defense" , they do have a much greater voice on these forums, therefore the forum can and does, from time to time, have this negative aura about it....like that black cloud that just won't go away.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 03-17-12 at 11:42 AM.
    03-17-12 11:34 AM
    The culture you want is not enforced by the powers that be. But that is one price that must be paid for freedom. I have learned to fight or ignore ignorance and to re-post helpful info over and over since this forum is so big.
    DAnklaud and Stewartj1 like this.
    03-17-12 11:42 AM
    You know what sells and gets hits? Drama, I bet crackberry loves it as it keeps the site with activity and abuzz. So either have to ignore them or find somewhere else where there is no drama and probably posters either. Sad that is the way it but meh.

I've been on other bb forums and they are stale and stagnant with little activity.
    Toodeurep and VeniceBB like this.
    03-17-12 11:47 AM
    This forum has become nothing but negative... I guess the ones of us that seem to never have trouble or don't expect out of the PB what it never was meant to deliver in the first place need to find another gathering place... Maybe we need a positive experience forum for the PB...
    My thoughts exactly, and don't bother trying to suggest it becuase your thread will probably end up getting moved to a part of the site no one visits... trust me Ive tried and I guess hears where ill suggest it again:

If anyone here owned or still owns a Blackberry Storm you will know what Im talking about... remember the Blackberry Storm Owners Lounge!?! We need somthing like that but for the Playbook its really that simple. A place where we can not only help each other but at the same time just sit back and talk about normal everyday things and not have our threads get moved... I mean I post in the Playbook forum becuase that is where I see the most activity, relate to a lot of people in terms of my love for my Playbook, and where I think Im going to get the most help.. If I wanted to post in a different forum I would have, plain and simple.

There's my suggestion and I stick by it!
    03-17-12 12:15 PM
    lol, the irony of this thread.

Anyway, this is the nature of most forums and like a poster said above unhappy people tend to be more vocal.
    Princepia, taylor96 and JeffyPooh like this.
    03-17-12 12:36 PM
    This forum has become nothing but negative and problems people are having. I guess the ones of us that seem to never have trouble or don't expect out of the PB what it never was meant to deliver in the first place need to find another gathering place. Whew! there I said it ..No offense to anyone but I mean come on ..Maybe we need a positive experience forum for the PB..how about a legit intelligent troubleshooting forum and then that would leave this one for the "this don't work" and "why want it do this cause iPad does or Android does" Good grief Charlie Brown this is almost becoming unreadable
    How can I phrase this in a non-negative way.? I meant, of course, how can I phrase this in a POSITIVE way? I can't, so I will shut up.
    Bakamushi likes this.
    03-17-12 12:43 PM
    I can agree especially because of the random repeat threads, and some of the complaints that have nothing to do with playbook. Add in the numerous "RIM needs to..." it gets boring fast. Maybe a "OFFICIAL" suggestions to rim thread + playbook needs... And restrictions on how many post before you can start your own threads.
    Bluemoonjules likes this.
    03-17-12 12:59 PM
    I can agree especially because of the random repeat threads, and some of the complaints that have nothing to do with playbook. Add in the numerous "RIM needs to..." it gets boring fast. Maybe a "OFFICIAL" suggestions to rim thread + playbook needs... And restrictions on how many post before you can start your own threads.
    I agree!
    03-17-12 01:50 PM
    While I wish there were fewer rants & sometimes things could be posted in a less inflammatory way (& thereby get a more positive response), I thought we were supposed to post our "problems" here. Positive "I love my Playbook" threads can be nice but if I can't post a complaint or problem, what's the point?
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    03-17-12 01:54 PM
    While I wish there were fewer rants & sometimes things could be posted in a less inflammatory way (& thereby get a more positive response), I thought we were supposed to post our "problems" here. Positive "I love my Playbook" threads can be nice but if I can't post a complaint or problem, what's the point?
    II agree with you. But I would like to point out that there is a "positive" way to post your problems and there is a "negative" way.

Positive: Describe your problem or idea as fully as you can and tell us what steps you have taken to deal with it yourself. Ask for assistance and/or make suggestions in a respectful way. By "respectful", I mean "not negative". See below:

Negative: Provide a list of everything you find wrong with whatever you are complaining about. Add a few things that you think other people should be complaining about but are not. Play the blame game - point fingers at RIM and/or the developers and/or other CB users. Make sure to use as many loaded words as possible to achieve maximum impact. Suggest that people who don't share your perspective are fan-boys and/or apologists and/or hopeless dolts.
    03-17-12 02:27 PM
    lol, the irony of this thread.

Anyway, this is the nature of most forums and like a poster said above unhappy people tend to be more vocal.
    Best post of the thread.
    03-17-12 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD