I was thinking of possibly picking up an LTE Playbook. Looks like netflix works on my z30 bb10 browser. I wonder if it works on the playbook browser now? If anyone would be willing to check that would be really helpful

Also, crunchyroll.com if possible! Those are my main two streaming sites and if they work on playbook browser I am set. I don't need a tablet for anything else a cheap playbook would be perfect for that
    08-02-15 03:15 PM
    Not working on my Z30 through Browser with 10.3.2 so little chance with a Playbook browser

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 03:39 PM
    Are you sure it's working?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 03:54 PM
    never mind it just logs me in but videos don't actually load
    08-02-15 09:28 PM
    never mind it just logs me in but videos don't actually load
    Crackberry is aware of that!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 12:34 AM
    Somebody a while back said that Netflix had converted to HTML, which would mean that the PB browser might be able to handle it. But I don't see any change and the site still asks for Silverlight.
    08-03-15 11:14 AM
    Netflix doesn't work in the browser, those posts were wrong. Plain and simple.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-03-15 11:17 AM
    Eventually they'll have to move to HTML ! Does Microsoft still support Silverlight?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 12:10 PM
    Eventually they'll have to move to HTML ! Does Microsoft still support Silverlight?

Posted via CB10
    Well, not really. Android and iOS have apps. No mobile platform would need to use the browser except PB. Netflix doesn't care.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 12:41 PM
    Get a Z30, a.k.a. Mini Playbook, (it's what the Playbook should have been).
    Netflix runs fine on the Z30....
    08-03-15 02:54 PM
    Well, not really. Android and iOS have apps. No mobile platform would need to use the browser except PB. Netflix doesn't care.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they do care. They need to be able to run on a laptop!

Remember that a big part of their clientele still uses laptops or desktops.

Also, I just read on their website that they should be compatible with HTML5 now. But I doubt that it will work on the BB browser since its not one of the compatible browser. However the brand new Microsoft Edge browser is listed as compatible

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 04:07 PM
    Yes they do care. They need to be able to run on a laptop!

Remember that a big part of their clientele still uses laptops or desktops.

Also, I just read on their website that they should be compatible with HTML5 now. But I doubt that it will work on the BB browser since its not one of the compatible browser. However the brand new Microsoft Edge browser is listed as compatible

Posted via CB10
    Even with the last flash debacle I still think laptops/desktops are using flash/ Silverlight technology to watch Netflix movies. I should see if chrome works or not. Even changing the user agent to safari or chrome doesn't work on the PB. So edge is the only html5 browser supported? Maybe if we can get a edge user agent string it would work.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 06:29 PM
    Netflix doesn't work on PB but if streaming movies is your thing I have used my PB for the last 4 years to stream movies from Primewire and sites like it. Using the micro HDMI to connect to TV is also a great PB feature. Remember BlackBerry WIFI only PB uses BlackBerry bridge to connect to the Internet using the BlackBerry phone no need to pay extra.

Posted from the all mighty Z30  10.3.2.2339
    08-03-15 09:57 PM
    Doesn't anyone use Showbox? New content and free. Why bother with Netflix?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    08-03-15 10:13 PM
    Don't know if Showbox works on PlayBook. I use it on Z30 and Z10 and works great, also Movies HD is good.

Posted from the all mighty Z30  10.3.2.2339
    08-03-15 10:24 PM
    Doesn't anyone use Showbox? New content and free. Why bother with Netflix?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    Showbox kind of died as you need newer versions of the app to use it (which don't really work on the PB). I think Showbox may still work for the odd show or older movie, but not for newer postings. Cartoon HD was a good option, but that also is forced to upgrade to a version which is not compatible.

Besides, people bother with Netflix as it is reliable, fast, good quality and LEGAL. Some people care about stuff...apparently you don't worry so much about it.
    08-04-15 07:01 AM
    Even with the last flash debacle I still think laptops/desktops are using flash/ Silverlight technology to watch Netflix movies. I should see if chrome works or not. Even changing the user agent to safari or chrome doesn't work on the PB. So edge is the only html5 browser supported? Maybe if we can get a edge user agent string it would work.

Posted via CB10
    According to their website, Safari, Chrome, Edge should all support HTML5

I don't have a Netflix account anymore so I can't test it. Maybe someone can try

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23742

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 08:15 AM
    MPAA has been really cracking down of these streaming sites of late.... But then a BlackBerry browser is immune to most of the malware if you like those sites.

One thing I've really enjoyed with my Windows Tablet..... it's just like a PC so nobody is trying to block some mobile browser or there is some plugin that needs to be updated and can't be because of it being BlackBerry. Which has me thinking that if the come out with a nice Flagship Windows 10 phone.....
    mh1983 likes this.
    08-04-15 03:05 PM
    According to their website, Safari, Chrome, Edge should all support HTML5

I don't have a Netflix account anymore so I can't test it. Maybe someone can try

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23742

Posted via CB10
    Granted, but there's no DRM support built into the PB or BB10 browsers. So even with the correct user agent, Netflix won't work through the browser.
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    08-04-15 03:44 PM
    MPAA has been really cracking down of these streaming sites of late.... But then a BlackBerry browser is immune to most of the malware if you like those sites.

One thing I've really enjoyed with my Windows Tablet..... it's just like a PC so nobody is trying to block some mobile browser or there is some plugin that needs to be updated and can't be because of it being BlackBerry. Which has me thinking that if the come out with a nice Flagship Windows 10 phone.....
    Love my Windows Tab for the same reason.

I bet the browser on the phones won't be "full" though...
    08-04-15 03:57 PM