01-18-12 06:17 PM
43 12
tools
    Not trying to be a **** but......Why not spend 2 minutes and buy it instead of wasting days trying to figure out how to scam it free?
    Some ppl have 2 minutes to spend, but they dont have $$'s to waste. lol
    11-20-11 02:46 AM
    Not trying to be a **** but......Why not spend 2 minutes and buy it instead of wasting days trying to figure out how to scam it free?
    There are many legitimate uses of a torrent client. In the UK, some of the big television broadcasters distribute their shows/documentaries via P2P.
    Granted many will find ways to use it in a non-legal way but that's their problem
    11-20-11 03:10 AM
    The PlayTorrent client looks awesome... I wonder when it will be released...
    I've just downloaded it from the site that was previously linked, will let you know if it works¨
    11-20-11 03:58 AM
    I've just downloaded it from the site that was previously linked, will let you know if it works¨
    It works fine I've been using it from past one month, its a little slow. Sharing torrent apps might get you a ban from CB, that's the reason i've not shared the link.
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 11-20-11 at 04:23 AM.
    11-20-11 04:02 AM
    Hmm it is very slow!
    isotack likes this.
    11-20-11 04:36 AM
    How are you downloading the client? From the QR code in the first post of this thread?

You won't get banned by posting a link... bla1ze is even going to write an article on it so you should be fine!

Edit: Yes, looks like you need to scan the code... the link is @ http://playappsblog.com/PlayTorrent.bar
    Edit2: Side loaded... this is so exciting
    Edit3: Downloaded a 130MB .mkv file before realising that format won't be supported until OS2... was pretty fast though. Finished 130MB in about 10 minutes.
    Last edited by emtunc; 11-20-11 at 05:48 AM.
    irvc.666 likes this.
    11-20-11 04:55 AM
    11-20-11 07:09 AM
    I e-mailed the developer and it looks like RIM rejected this from the app world.

I suggested that he put some disclaimers in the app to make clear that it is not to be used for copyright infringement purposes and re-submit it.
    I don't think it will be supported in the future if it doesn't make it in to app world

I saw this in the vendor guidelines which may make it slightly tricky to get these apps in to AW:

Applications must not contain or link to any content, or perform any function, that is illegal (e.g. against any criminal, civil or statutory law or regulation), including, without limitation, any libel, obscenity, breach of privacy, infringement or misappropriation of any intellectual property rights and/or other proprietary rights of any third party (including, without limitation, unlawfully circumventing any digital rights management protections), and must not contain or link to any content, or perform any function, that is abusive, belittling, harassing, deceptive, malicious or otherwise inappropriate, or provides for any portion of the suggested retail price to be made available to the end user to risk for possible monetary gain within such application
    BUT it sounds like it can be overcome by adding the legal disclaimer to the app on first start or something.

Anyone have experience with these sort of issues?
    Last edited by emtunc; 11-20-11 at 12:34 PM.
    11-20-11 12:31 PM
    i tried to install the file. it downloaded a 2.2 meg file but when i tried to open it. it said. it couldn't find the file

edit #2: never mind buddy. got it installed. i didn't understand the side-install that you were talking about. but now i do. thanks

edit #3: so i got it working.. found a torrent i wanted to download. it seems to be hanging on "Please wait, reserving place for "file name" and stuck at 80%. I've decided to wait a bit and see what happens. hopefully in 10-15 minutes it does osmething if. not.. this isn't working
    Last edited by m6life; 11-21-11 at 12:33 AM.
    11-20-11 11:08 PM
    does the app make your playbook heat up a lot? it lags like crazy for me when its torrenting
    11-28-11 01:15 AM
    "Applications must not contain or link to any content, or perform any function, that is illegal..."

So applications must have the ability to perform illegal activities even if it might not be the creators intention??

I'm sure the PlayBook can be used to perform illegal activities, and I'm sure that wasn't RIM's intention.... smh

Well it's their company and they set their rules.... sucks
    12-02-11 10:01 AM
    hi all
    anyone no where the files are stored? i have downloaded a video and cant find it. its not in videos. the video here says "you MIGHT need a app file browser" i no its not much (99cents) but i dont have a account setup to purchase. can u get them with out this app???
    thx
    01-15-12 01:22 PM
    Not sure if this still works but I used to put: file:///accounts/1000/shared

Into my internet browser and I was able to look around my pb files. Have no idea where your download might be hiding. Hope you find it.
    01-15-12 03:07 PM
    Not sure if this still works but I used to put: file:///accounts/1000/shared

Into my internet browser and I was able to look around my pb files. Have no idea where your download might be hiding. Hope you find it.
    thanks i think that will work
    keith
    01-17-12 07:16 PM
    I know a few people that will torrent things they do actually already own the DVD of. They don't want to spend the time learning how to rip it to a smaller sized format. It's just easier for them to use the copy someone else has already taken the time to make.
    01-18-12 02:00 PM
    hi all
    anyone no where the files are stored? i have downloaded a video and cant find it. its not in videos. the video here says "you MIGHT need a app file browser" i no its not much (99cents) but i dont have a account setup to purchase. can u get them with out this app???
    thx
    Its a free file browser, then navigate to the following folder you will find ur downloads.
    file:///accounts/1000/shared/documents/downloads
    01-18-12 03:32 PM
    A minor correction:

file:///accounts/1000/shared/downloads (leave out the documents)
    01-18-12 06:07 PM
    Why not just use air browser? Its free after all and can view all files on the PB.
    01-18-12 06:17 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD