Tuesday morning I upgraded my 32Gb Playbook without a problem and it seems to be working fine. My wife's 16Gb Playbook, is behaving strangely. It took six tries to get the 2.0 update to install. It would download, but stall about 65% through the installation and freeze or say the process was interrupted and could not install. We tried the debrick without success and even did a security wipe to get a clean install without success. Even using the Desktop Manager didn't allow it to install.

We finally did get the install to complete, but now, with the most random touch on the screen, everything goes black and we have to do the three finger salute to get the Playbook to restart. Quite annoying, to be sure. We haven't been able to pin it on anything in particular because it can happen trying to open the Videos folder or selecting a music playlist or anything. She's getting frustrated with it. We really don't want to do ANOTHER security wipe because of the problems we had just getting the thing to update in the first place and she's gone to the trouble of reloading all her apps, music, and pictures already.

Has anyone else run into similar problems with 2.0? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    02-22-12 06:24 PM
    Unfortunately it seems there aren't many options with the PlayBook.

I'd do a backup then security wipe so u don't have to reinstall all the apps and files again.

Sorry.

EDIT: also if you can, connect an ethernet cable to your computer, then connect your PB through the USB cable and get the update through the BlackBerry desktop manager, will at least make the download faster.
    Last edited by Jeovex; 02-22-12 at 06:33 PM.
    02-22-12 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD