Hello everybody!

I have a problem regarding installation of bar files transferred from android. Actually I can install them by DDPB but after this process there is no reaction at all on my tablet after touching a icon thereof. Do I need to root my PB maybe? The system version is 2.1.0.840.

Another thing, I just wonder if it's possible to send any file via bluetooth? Couldn't find a possibility like this yet.

And my last question - is there any good offline navigation for a playbook?

Thanks in advance,
    best regards.
    JK
    09-03-12 08:06 AM
    Are you in delvelopment mode? It needs to be turned on.
    09-03-12 08:36 AM
    Rooting is NOT required for sideloading.

What version of the OS did you have before loading the beta software? Some folks have had this problem but I'm not sure if they had any easy solutions. I think some folks rolled back to an earlier OS (using other tools) and then reinstalled the beta.

I wonder if you can get a moderator to change the title of your thread.
    09-03-12 09:09 AM
    Are you in delvelopment mode? It needs to be turned on.
    Yes, every time it's turned ON.

Rooting is NOT required for sideloading.

What version of the OS did you have before loading the beta software? Some folks have had this problem but I'm not sure if they had any easy solutions. I think some folks rolled back to an earlier OS (using other tools) and then reinstalled the beta.

I wonder if you can get a moderator to change the title of your thread.

Well, it's my first version of a soft. I bought it already used, so it's a 2nd hand device.
    I have had no idea what appropriate title of the thread would be OK.
    BR
    Last edited by mrvenom; 09-03-12 at 09:24 AM.
    09-03-12 09:21 AM
    A title like "Android icons/apps do not launch"

By the way, you can install files (music, photos, etc) using either a usb cable or wifi sharing. You canNOT use BT except using the Bridge between a pb and a bb phone.
    09-03-12 09:57 AM
    Also keep in mind not everything works on the PlayBook. Some android apps just won't load.

I'd ask a mod to rename and move this thread. You should have better luck getting help in the sideloading sub-board.
    09-03-12 10:01 AM
    I'd do a security wipe (Settings/Security) and then reload the beta OS (you'll have to register for it and then reinstall). You'll lose everything doing this, so MANUALLY back up any media you want to save before wiping.
    09-03-12 10:11 AM
    Just a word of caution... I did a security wipe while running 2.1.0.840 and it made all android apps inoperable (sounds like this might have already been done to Ops Playbook). The Android player wouldn't open any.

There are many threads here discussing 840 and downgrading to 668
    09-03-12 10:37 AM
    Just a word of caution... I did a security wipe while running 2.1.0.840 and it made all android apps inoperable (sounds like this might have already been done to Ops Playbook). The Android player wouldn't open any.

There are many threads here discussing 840 and downgrading to 668
    Yes and it also takes the plrtrait mose from the pim apps. I had to use cfp to get everything working correctly again.:banghead:
    09-03-12 11:05 AM
    Guess a debrick would be the solution then. Link is on the signature.

Read-register the PlayBook to stay on 2.1 on then off to the PC.
    09-03-12 11:36 AM
    My guess is the previous owner of the OPs PlayBook was running 2.1.0.840 and did a security wipe before selling.

For most people running 840, that lost the Android player and portrait mode in messages, after doing a wipe, the de-brick method didn't work. An error occurs. Something to do with downgrading to 668 which doesn't exist because it was pulled by rim. Most of us had to use CFP or Dingleberry to fix the problem.

Do a search on downgrading, you'll get plenty of info
    09-03-12 12:57 PM
    My guess is the previous owner of the OPs PlayBook was running 2.1.0.840 and did a security wipe before selling.

For most people running 840, that lost the Android player and portrait mode in messages, after doing a wipe, the de-brick method didn't work. An error occurs. Something to do with downgrading to 668 which doesn't exist because it was pulled by rim. Most of us had to use CFP or Dingleberry to fix the problem.

Do a search on downgrading, you'll get plenty of info
    Thank you, you are right it's probably the reason.
    Is there any tutorial for a usage of a CFP which would be just right in my situation?
    I've read that many problems may occur while this method...

I have more problems, for example I just downloaded the OSMand+ for app store and it doesn't work as well as android apps;/ , also many movies even in .avi format doesn't work even in the MovieSRTplayer which I heard is the best movie player available for playbook and should be able to play .mkv file, not to mention about typical avi...

Would it be safe to try a de-brick method first? It's easier for sure and if there is a chance it may help without necessity of a jailbreak I would rather do that..
    Last edited by mrvenom; 09-04-12 at 11:09 AM.
    09-04-12 10:38 AM
    Your PB should play AVI or MKV videos so long as the audio codecs used are not AC3. As for MovieSRT Player being the best video player, I don't know that to be the case. What it can do is play movies with subtitles. Osmand, for most of us, runs really well.
    09-04-12 12:34 PM
    Thank you, you are right it's probably the reason.
    Is there any tutorial for a usage of a CFP which would be just right in my situation?
    I've read that many problems may occur while this method...
    @mrvenom: Take a look at this thread, particularly posts #21 (by z3000w). And post #25 (by DoctorEvil8).

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...61/index2.html
    09-04-12 03:19 PM
    @mrvenom: Take a look at this thread, particularly posts #21 (by z3000w). And post #25 (by DoctorEvil8).

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...61/index2.html

Thank you very much, now everything works just great! Problem solved, thanks everyone.

PS. I used a DoctorEvil8 method
    09-06-12 04:20 AM
    Thank you very much, now everything works just great! Problem solved, thanks everyone.

PS. I used a DoctorEvil8 method

Argh another problem unfortunately :/ After few days I turned OFF a device and now after few hours there is no reaction at all after turning ON ;/
    Blackberry desktop software doesn't see connected playbook to a computer... dunno what to do, help please.
    09-09-12 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD