Hey all. I have a couple of questions about the PlayBook I just got. Apparently there's a way to load downloaded ebooks onto the PlayBook. Now I know the files have to be in epub format but that's about all I know. If someone could be so nice as to give me a quick rundown on the process from downloading the file to loading it onto the PlayBook I'd be much obliged. Thanks in advance!! The smallest lime can be the most potent of all....-LittleLimey
    12-26-14 02:14 AM
    You can download e book reader for playbook on the BBW.
    It is about 99 cents works very well for me.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    12-26-14 08:06 AM
    You can download files via USB, which after installing Link or the older BlackBerry desktop software will give you the device as a virtual network drive, or you can do it via wireless by mapping to the device by IP.
    12-26-14 09:28 AM
    I concur. Book reader for Epub has been one of the best readers and has had good support and updates. You just do your download to your PB then Book Reader will make a copy for reading. Pretty easy and there are instructions with the app.
    12-28-14 09:06 AM
    Haven't been able to try it at my local library, but remind me does it support DRM?

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    12-28-14 07:41 PM
    Book reader is DRM free reader. EPUB and Mobi I think.
    12-29-14 03:20 PM
    Search the forum for overdrive, you can download books from libraries.
    12-29-14 07:40 PM
    If you ever go PDF, get Repligo PDF reader. It's the only one that can handle image rich PDF's quickly and effectively. Especially ones with tricky fonts. Thing is, Repligo went belly-up so you have to find and sideload the latest Android APK that you convert to BAR unless you already HAVE the BAR file. It can be done...I've done it and use it often. Anyhow, this isn't exactly super duper simple but it's not hard. I'd go to YouTube to watch videos on how to do this or cruise around the forums here and do some searches. It's too bad Repligo didn't release anything legitimately for the PlayBook. They did for other BlackBerry phones (old ones). I have no idea if they did for BB 10 stuff...

Oh, I also vote for Book Reader. It's pretty good.
    12-29-14 10:58 PM
    I remember installing kobo reader

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-29-14 11:04 PM
    For epubs, I've been using PlayEpub (BB World) for a while and have been happy with it. If you know how to sideload software, you can always try Moon+reader (android app) which worked very well for me at the time. The version I had did run into formatting/character issues at the time (~1 year ago) and that's why I moved to a made for Playbook app.

If you are looking to "take out" library books, then you'll need to try the overdrive app.
    12-30-14 01:23 PM
    I installed Kindle, sideloaded it actually but it works very good

Sent from Z device
    12-31-14 08:56 AM
    Sorry, didnt read that part about epub files

Sent from Z device
    12-31-14 08:57 AM