View Poll Results: Need a PlayBook 4G?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

6 15.00%
  • No!

34 85.00%
    Well, I really need one! Maybe cutout the data plan on my BlackBerry 9810.. But I need a PlayBook 4G!
    08-08-12 02:27 AM
    Bridge works fine for me. Would be even better if bridge worked for all apps
    bcubedn likes this.
    08-08-12 11:57 AM
    Meh. Bridge has me covered, and mobile hotspot covers the rest if needs be.
    08-08-12 12:19 PM
    Meh^2. Bridge to my 9800 @ EDGE works for most mail. My Droid's a 4g hotspot when I need the speed.
    08-08-12 12:47 PM
    9810 + Bridged PB = Just right for me.
    08-08-12 02:31 PM
    Well, I really need one! Maybe cutout the data plan on my BlackBerry 9810.. But I need a PlayBook 4G!
    Don't tell me your going to be one of these clowns that holds up a 7 inch tablet your ear when making and or receiving phone calls?

08-08-12 02:34 PM
    9930+Bridge=Perfect Combination for ME! Thanks, but NO THANKS ......oh yeah, WIFI is also perfect for the way I use my PlayBook
    08-08-12 02:36 PM
    I use Bridge all the time and it's a great feature but it has many limitations which I don't see going away until the launch of BB10 smartphone with improved Bluetooth hardware.

Bridge is good for Internet but not ideal ofcourse. When 3G is trying to be pushed through Bluetooth along with Mail and BBM, there's only so much Bluetooth can handle.

From the dull response and no excitement towards PB 4G on this forum, it's kind of obvious that it's not that big a deal.. But it is a big deal regardless.

What happened last evening was that my BB battery died down, I was out and moving about, had 1 hour between meetings so I thought I could clear out my e-mails and respond to all social stuff, but no network connectivity. So drafts was all I had leaving alone all the other apps that were completely of no use.

Bridge is very good, but do you really need so much importance and priority on your Smartphone which is limited in functions as compared to a tablet.

Maybe it's the switch that people are not ready for.. I can see myself cutting down on all the Internet based activities on the BB phone and shift to the Tab for the same stuff. It's really gonna help me keep my hands of my phone all the time and do some work.

Thanks for voting everyone.. we have only 39 votes and I'm hoping for more users to vote even though you might not be inclined towards the 4G model, you can vote 'No!'.
    08-09-12 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD