Did anyone find a solution to this? I can't log on to any Google service either. Tried with the native browser and Origami, clearing cache, wiping the PlayBook... nothing. Android browsers can log in, but they suck.
    Thanks
    Sounds like your Google account authentication might be the issue. Is your account setup to use two step authentication? I am able to login and access Mail and Drive services via stock browser just fine?
    Enyigma likes this.
    08-08-16 12:39 PM
    Sounds like your Google account authentication might be the issue. Is your account setup to use two step authentication? I am able to login and access Mail and Drive services via stock browser just fine?
    No, it isn't, and I have tried several accounts. None of them work. I have wiped my Playbook, have tried turning two step authentication on (and then off again), app-specific passwords, unlockcaptcha temporary login... NOTHING WORKS. I am receiving "New Login from this and that device", so the login is successful, but the the pages never load, I get pushed back to the login screen or am told "Your browser does no accept cookies" (which it does) or just "Invalid request".

With the Android-ported browsers? No problem. They're just slow and crash very often (specifically with some of the sites I want to use).

Well, I never said they weren't. The Android sideload route is far from ideal, but if the goal is to get Google services working on the PB, that's about the only way that I was aware of when I owned a PB.
    I didn't mean to be rude towards the Android Runtime :P. I actually ported my own apps to BB thanks to that, but the native browsers work better in many aspects, and they worked well for my Google services for many years. Something has happened now.
    08-08-16 01:26 PM
    Also, none of the browsers, native or Android, can load and connect to Spadesk's web service, which was an attempt to give a new purpose to the Playbook (trying hard) as an additional monitor for a desktop computer. The Android devices I tried connect without trouble. Not sure if the problem is with ports, some browser feature...

spacedesk - Multi Monitor alternative to Duet Display, Air Display and MaxiVista
    08-10-16 02:29 AM
    Have you tried frost browser? I believe you can get it from BBW.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 07:29 PM
    Have you tried frost browser? I believe you can get it from BBW.

Posted via CB10
    Does anybody have the bar file for origami browser that they can please share? Thanks, DPR

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 07:38 PM
    Does anybody have the bar file for origami browser that they can please share? Thanks, DPR

Posted via CB10
    you can get it from BBW..
    08-31-16 07:59 PM
    I need thee .Bar file to sideload it to a Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 08:21 PM
    It worked on my Q10 back in the day so since it has custom strings want to give a go at sideloading it to my Passport. I can't find the latest bar file for Origami anywhere and don't know how to pull it from the playbook. I am surprised 1.0.2 which I think was the last version is nowhere for download as in the .BAR file. Anyone have it? If so, thanks in advance, DPR

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 08:23 PM
    I'm really sorry... can't help you.. I hope you get help...
    09-01-16 06:19 PM
    I use BlackBerry PlayBook every night for browsing and watching online movies before bed but I don't expect too much on BlackBerry Playbook, it is abandoned machine, nobody cares about it right now.
    One thing I like using BlackBerry PlayBook is I'm not worried about getting a virus (because a lot of viruses are designed for Windows OS or Mac OS therefore they can't run in QNX OS), I don't store any important files in it, I can surf whatever I want even though there are a lot of pop up advertisements. I use Origami browser for reducing advertisements.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kelom; 09-06-16 at 02:26 PM.
    09-06-16 02:09 PM
    What I have noticed is that if you turn off the Flash/Java options on the native browser, it works reasonably well for websites that don't rely on those two technologies. Mobile flash is less problematic, as all the other platforms have abandoned it.

Java is getting to be an increasingly big problem. A good number of websites don't function properly with it turned off, and when you turn it on they are painfully slow.

I wonder if there is a way to update Java rather than focus on a new browser (which may not be the problem anyway)...

A playbook bridged to a BB10 phone is still a one of a kind solution.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 11:10 AM
    It's not so much Java Script per se but rather the deluge of ads, many sacking in CPU intensive graphics, that seem to be the issue. The improvement in responsiveness is startling when JS is disabled. Granted doing so impacts functionality of some sites but I've become adept at enabling JS and doing a page refresh. Enabling Web Sockets may also help.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 04:02 PM
    So if it isn't a matter of the version of Java installed on the playbook all we need is an adblocker app. Surely that exists somewhere?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 07:30 AM
    So if it isn't a matter of the version of Java installed on the playbook all we need is an adblocker app. Surely that exists somewhere?
    Posted via CB10
    Not for the stock PB Browser but Oragami support rudementary Ad Blocking. The other technique is to block Ad domains in your residential router/gateway or connect the PB to a proxy server which is setup to block Ads.
    09-20-16 01:13 PM
    I want to buy a brand new PlayBook to syncronize it with other BlackBerry devices i own.

I will use it for browsing and movies only. After i read here i have a little doubt about that.

So, the browser is so slow compared with a z10 let's say?

Thank you

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    10-12-16 10:05 AM
    I want to buy a brand new PlayBook to syncronize it with other BlackBerry devices i own.

I will use it for browsing and movies only. After i read here i have a little doubt about that.

So, the browser is so slow compared with a z10 let's say?

Thank you

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    It's much slower than the BB10 browser, yes, but the PB is acceptable for what you're trying to do.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 06:31 PM
    Oh, much slower. These are not good news. I will think twice before Take any decision �n that case . Thanks for your replay

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 09:53 AM
42 12