Been using the Origami Browser since it was released on the PB, but logging into Google doesn't work anymore and it's because the browser needs a update, which won't happen. I've used Android ported browsers like Dolphin to log into YouTube/Google, but I don't like how Android browsers don't use YouTube's native player in full screen mode.

I was hoping if there's a updated Google Chrome apk file to the latest version for download somewhere so I can just convert the Chrome apk to a .bar file and port the latest version of Chrome onto my PB.

Thanks for the help guys.
    Allan Jackson likes this.
    08-22-14 06:55 PM
    Something is amiss as I use Origami as my standard browser and have no problem logging in with it or the native browser. Maybe you changed some setting. I use Nexis 7 as the default user agent and Chrome as desktop user agent mode in the settings. I also do not use the Booster Mode. I have not tried other combos of the default user agent or desktop user agent mode so, do not know if changing these will affect getting onto Google.
    08-22-14 07:22 PM
    Something is amiss as I use Origami as my standard browser and have no problem logging in with it or the native browser. Maybe you changed some setting. I use Nexis 7 as the default user agent and Chrome as desktop user agent mode in the settings. I also do not use the Booster Mode. I have not tried other combos of the default user agent or desktop user agent mode so, do not know if changing these will affect getting onto Google.
    I changed all the settings to the default recommended settings like Chrome and Nexus 7 and I still can't log into Google/YouTube. I've even tried uninstalling/re-installing the browser and still can't log in to Google/youTube.
    08-22-14 07:39 PM
    All of the native browsers on the Playbook have been having YouTube login problems of late, though you should still be able to log into Google. Now before you say "I can log into YouTube using Origami or Browser or whatever (non-android) browser, try clearing your cookies, cache etc. and see if this is still true. As to loading Chrome on the Playbook, AFAIK, it doesn't work. And even if it did, why would you think that it would be any different than Dolphin. Dolphin and Maxthon and any other android browsers do not support flash on the Playbook, and I guess that's why they use another player- they can't run the adobe flash player. In any event, I'm not sure why you don't like the vid player that Dolphin uses. Also, and FWIW, I prefer using TubeMate for watching YouTube. It's pretty quick in mobile mode, it allows you to sign in, lets you choose the vids resolution that you want to watch, and lets you download vids if you so desire without having to go outside of the app.
    08-22-14 09:55 PM
    All of the native browsers on the Playbook have been having YouTube login problems of late, though you should still be able to log into Google. Now before you say "I can log into YouTube using Origami or Browser or whatever (non-android) browser, try clearing your cookies, cache etc. and see if this is still true. As to loading Chrome on the Playbook, AFAIK, it doesn't work. And even if it did, why would you think that it would be any different than Dolphin. Dolphin and Maxthon and any other android browsers do not support flash on the Playbook, and I guess that's why they use another player- they can't run the adobe flash player. In any event, I'm not sure why you don't like the vid player that Dolphin uses. Also, and FWIW, I prefer using TubeMate for watching YouTube. It's pretty quick in mobile mode, it allows you to sign in, lets you choose the vids resolution that you want to watch, and lets you download vids if you so desire without having to go outside of the app.
    My version of tubemate cant play videos for some reason, a link to the working version please?
    08-22-14 10:17 PM
    08-22-14 10:42 PM
    Something must be wrong with my Playbook because I don't seem to have any problems with any of these
    08-23-14 07:22 PM
    I've cleared all my history, cookies, cache etc and I still can't login to either YouTube or Google with Origami or the native browser. I bet the update that Google did a few months ago is the culprit that prevents a user from logging into Google/YouTube on the Playbook. If I use a Android based browser like Dolphin, I get no problems. Blackberry should update its browser at least.
    08-24-14 01:48 AM
    Check - using 2-step Google verification by any chance ?
    08-24-14 05:09 AM
    I think it's time to move on and get a new tablet.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-24-14 07:56 AM
    I think it's time to move on and get a new tablet.

Posted from an ME173X
    Thats what I did when I was unable to watch tv on my playbook anymore from my tv provider' s website with any of the browsers.
    08-24-14 11:51 AM
    I've cleared all my history, cookies, cache etc and I still can't login to either YouTube or Google with Origami or the native browser..
    You didn't understand what I said, now did you? YouTube login problems hit the Playbook a few months back, when YouTube obviously changed something that affected the Playbook. It is not universal, though. Those who had logged into YouTube with Browser or Origami prior to the change could still log in automatically after the change.Thus, Brian Levy, who posted above, can still log in.. If he were to clear his cache and cookies, then he would no longer be able to log in. Clearing the cookies prevent those from logging into YouTube who currently can log in, NOT the other way around.

That being said, I have no problems signing in to Google when I sign in though Google.com.
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-24-14 11:53 AM
    Every attempt I have made to sideload Chrome to PB has failed (it loads but will not launch). If you find a working bar file please post it.
    10-02-14 09:28 AM
    Chrome requires Android 4.x so it will never work on the PB's Android Runtime (2.3).
    Cynycl and yasan like this.
    10-02-14 09:52 AM
    Chrome would be nice! Oh well eh!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:23 PM
    Fast browser is amazing and cheap! Way faster then origami

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 08:03 PM
    Want to add my thoughts...and highly commend Fast Browser. Had been using Origami which was better than the stock Browser. But its slow speed and increasingly laggy performance convinced me to finally just give up on my Playbook as a web browser at all. But took a try on Fast Browser and though its not as fast and smooth as BB10, it is so much more useable. Quite so. For all you Playbook users...give it a try. And add some new life to your Playbook.
    rexrim likes this.
    10-05-14 01:54 PM
    Want to add my thoughts...and highly commend Fast Browser. Had been using Origami which was better than the stock Browser. But its slow speed and increasingly laggy performance convinced me to finally just give up on my Playbook as a web browser at all. But took a try on Fast Browser and though its not as fast and smooth as BB10, it is so much more useable. Quite so. For all you Playbook users...give it a try. And add some new life to your Playbook.
    that's funny that this was mentioned, I just happened to have installed it today.
    10-05-14 06:02 PM
    anyone know how to edit the origami quick dial?
    10-08-14 01:44 AM
    Will buy the fast browser today..sound cool..

Posted via CB10
    Allan Jackson likes this.
    10-12-14 11:26 PM
    Frost browser works best for me on YouTube

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:47 AM
    Did anyone find a solution to this? I can't log on to any Google service either. Tried with the native browser and Origami, clearing cache, wiping the PlayBook... nothing. Android browsers can log in, but they suck.

Thanks
    Orange UK likes this.
    08-07-16 02:07 PM
    For options, you're looking at one of the few Android browsers that still work on the PB. Maxthon or Dolphin (the versions in BlackBerry World) come to mind. They should let you log into Google services.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 05:51 PM
    For options, you're looking at one of the few Android browsers that still work on the PB. Maxthon or Dolphin (the versions in BlackBerry World) come to mind. They should let you log into Google services.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but they're excruciatingly slow compared to Origami or the stock one.

So nobody can log in to Google services with the native browsers?
    08-07-16 06:25 PM
    Yes, but they're excruciatingly slow compared to Origami or the stock one.
    Well, I never said they weren't. The Android sideload route is far from ideal, but if the goal is to get Google services working on the PB, that's about the only way that I was aware of when I owned a PB.
    08-08-16 08:59 AM
42 12