To begin I would like to apologize for my bad English ... I'm French.

I just bought a Playbook. I am satisfied. The tablet is fluid, the screen is very good, excellent speakers up ... Really well.
    As an amateur photographer, I looked for a solution to transfer anywhere pictures from my camera to my PB. Unfortunately, I discovered that there was no USB HOST ... Then, looking around, I discovered that WiFi SD cards existed. I am a little more informed on the subject, and I discovered Eye-fi card. I almost understand, but I wish I had more information.

Can I transfer photos from an Eye-Fi to my Playbook anywhere without computer? For exemple, if I'm in the middle of the desert, just with a camera equipped with an Eye-Fi card and my Playbook, can I transfer photos? The Playbook can run in Wifi Direct?

The "Eye-fi Mobi" is compatible with the Playbook? Without a computer, or wifi connection domestic, or wifi spot?

What do you recommend? Eye-fi Mobi or Eye-fi Pro? I don't understand difference between both...

Thank you very much for your attention and your help!

Envoy de mon iPhone l'aide de CB Forums
    02-15-14 05:51 AM
    I have done it but it can be quite slow to transfer the pictures. You camera has to support the card and then you have to sideload the Android eye-fi app to the Playbook.

Herve is really one of the experts on this method. There should be some other threads on it in this forum.

I have not kept up with the newer eye-fi cards so I don't know the difference. I believe that there is another company that now supports similar transfers but I don't recall which company it was.
    02-15-14 07:36 PM
    There are a number of these cards with Wi-Fi builtin. Some can act as Web servers so you can open the card from the PlayBook. Go to Amazon and search 'SD card wifi'.

What I do is use my Z30 as a HotSpot that my EyeFi connects with. I take a picture, EyeFi connects to its cloud via my phone HotSpot, sends the picture to my home computer then I access the picture on my phone using Remote File Access. I can view them on my PlayBook via Bluetooth from my phone.
    02-15-14 07:50 PM
    This is very interesting. Thanks

Q10 with Telus
    02-15-14 07:51 PM