Since I frequent the PB forums the most, I thought of posting my issue here. Hope someone will be able to help me.

Two days bacK I received an email from Blackberry saying that my Blackberry account has been locked due to repeated failed attempts to access it. I didnt do it, so right now I am not concerned about who tired to log in. So I followed the link in the email to reset my password.

The steps allow me to put my current blackberry email which is the user name for the BBID account (which is my xxx@carrier.blackbery.net for me).Once I went through that step the message mentioned that an email to recover my password has been sent to my BB email ID.

Now the problem is that I have not received any emails, and after looking into it the BB homepage help mentioned that the email will not be sent to my Blackberry(there is a video tutorial at BB home page that describes this).

Now I am stuck, since he email ID that serves as my BBID is the att.blackberry.net address, and this can only be accessed from the phone. And as the recovery email is not going to be sent to my phone, I need to able to log into this att.net account somehow, but I havent been able to do so.

I also did manage to add a forwarding/copying email with my att.blackberry.net account, but I do not see any emails coming to the other associated account when I request the password recovery email.

Right now my BBID is locked.

I have tried to access my BB profile, in the Blackberry homepage where you can edit all details for your account, and although I know the password it wont let me access my account saying that it has been locked due to repeated attempts using the wrong credentials. I even waited 24 hours, but the same message pops up. The only thing to do is request a new password,but as I have explained above that the password is getting send to the email that can only be accessed via the phone, and BB wont send it ti my phone .... what a mess...

If someone has any clue how to go about solving this issue, i would greatly appreciate it.

Is there some way to change the email address that serves as my BBID.
    If nothing can someone suggest whom should I contact, carrier or RIM to solve this issue.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by anindoc; 01-17-12 at 08:59 PM.
    01-16-12 11:38 AM
    Can you login to you BIS account? If you can, try setting up an "auto forward" on it. Then try sending the email again.
    anindoc likes this.
    01-16-12 11:44 AM
    I'd be worried that someone has hacked your email account
    01-16-12 11:46 AM
    I have re-written my original post.....
    Please, if someone has any idea how to go about solving this issue, please let me know.
    Thanks again

Bumped!!
    01-16-12 04:23 PM
    This is one of the MANY reasons to NEVER use the user@carrier.blackberry.net for ANYTHING important.

You are going to have to create a new BlackBerry ID.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-16-12 06:00 PM
    This is one of the MANY reasons to NEVER use the user@carrier.blackberry.net for ANYTHING important.

This notion is seconded.
    01-16-12 06:10 PM

I wasnt aware of it in the first place.

So once I create a New blackberry ID, will my apps that I paid for transfer onto my new ID, or do I lose everything now on the PB.
    Or is there a way around in retaining all my paid apps.....
    01-16-12 06:22 PM
    No, your applications will not transfer over.
    01-16-12 06:26 PM
    No, your applications will not transfer over.
    Well thanks for your response, but its rather depressing to note that I will have to pay again to get the apps.....
    01-16-12 06:28 PM
    Have you tried to call support for your phone and account and explain the situation?

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp

They are also on FaceBook for each country... do a search for all Blackberry
    Last edited by jafobabe; 01-16-12 at 07:39 PM.
    diegonei and anindoc like this.
    01-16-12 07:37 PM
    Have you tried to call support for your phone and account and explain the situation?

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp

They are also on FaceBook for each country... do a search for all Blackberry
    Ya, thats my next step. I just cant believe that there isnt a way to reset my BBId, just because I used a wrong email for the BBID.
    I will start with RIM then take it up with my carrier, someone somewhere has to find a solution for this. I am not gonna just sit back and let all my apps go down the drain and again have to repurchase them....... its not happening.

Tomorrow I start fresh,
    Will post back here again with what happens.
    Last edited by anindoc; 01-17-12 at 09:00 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-16-12 08:53 PM
    I think RIM will be your only choice... ATT doesn't have anything to do with it for your BBID account.

Hope you can get this solved and save your apps!
    anindoc and diegonei like this.
    01-16-12 08:58 PM
    I think RIM will be your only choice... ATT doesn't have anything to do with it for your BBID account.

Hope you can get this solved and save your apps!
    Will go with RIM then, thanks for your help and suggestions.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-16-12 09:05 PM
    We complained so many times about this idiotic approach RIM took for the BBID...

Give it one last try, make sure you can get you @carrier.blackberry.net email and then try to get the ID back.
    anindoc likes this.
    01-16-12 09:09 PM
    We complained so many times about this idiotic approach RIM took for the BBID...

Give it one last try, make sure you can get you @carrier.blackberry.net email and then try to get the ID back.
    Hopefully, thank you.
    01-16-12 09:12 PM
    Btw, good news is you can change the email once you get access to it at https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...uri=&i=1507175
    anindoc likes this.
    01-16-12 09:18 PM
    Ya, thats my next step. I just cant believe that there isnt a way to reset my BBId, just because I used a wrong email for the BBID.
    I will start with RIM then take it up with AT&T, someone somewhere has to find a solution for this. I am not gonna just sit back and let all my apps go down the drain and again have to repurchase them....... its not happening.
    Loose the attitude bub. If you contact BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support and explain the situation they might be able to access the database table(s) which contains the information for your BlackBerry ID and reset the account. Have you never heard the expression, "You attract more attention with honey than vinegar?" Those user@carrier.blackberry.net accounts are not hosted email accounts and should be thought of as an email forwarder, therefore, always set-up a forwarding rule sending these messages to a real email account.

Anyway, this knowledge base article (KB28111) - Unable to reset BlackBerry Identity password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address - should provide some additional guidance for you. Best of fortune to you.
    anindoc likes this.
    01-16-12 10:28 PM
    If nothing can someone suggest whom should I contact, AT&T or RIM to solve this issue.
    I don't know about your carrier (is it ATT?), but if you call RIM directly, there is a $45 tech fee attached (or so I've been told).

I call ATT (611) and talk to them. Of course, if they can help, all's well. But most of the time, they can't. So they escalate the call, and patch me through to RIM. It's the long way around, but if they don't fix it that time, you can call back on your newly acquired ticket number till the issue is resolved, free of charge.
    anindoc likes this.
    01-16-12 10:29 PM
    Thanks to everyone for their time and valuable input.

I managed to reset my account without having to call RIM or my carrier.
    I also changed my email/username (so the carrier.blackberry.net is now deactivated).

BB9700CA--- thanks a lot for your reference to the article, that was enough for me to figure out everything. Appreciate it a lot.

Case closed, back to been the happy owner of my beloved PB.....

Before I leave this thread- here is how to solve the issue if someone happens to bump into this thread anytime/ ever...

This pertains to if you have used a carrier.blackberry.net email as the username/login for your BBID, and due to some reason you forgot the password. This method gives you the option to change your BBID username
    * Go to your BB phone and get into your carrier.blackberry.net email account
    * Go to edit
    * Go to Delivery options
    * Add a different email id (yahoo/gmail etc) in the "Forward all messages to" and also in "BCC messages to"
    * Then go to "Filter" and hit add filter
    * Name the filter anything you like dosent matter
    * In the drop down menu for FLITER ON- select "NEW EMAIL"
    * Click on "DO NOT FORWARD MESSAGES TO DEVICE"
    * Save

Now go back to the Blackberry ID login homepage.
    Hit the FORGOT password link.
    Input your ID (hacked/ password forgotten/lost).
    Hit enter.

Within a few minutes you will receive an email to your alternate email from where you can reset your BBID/username

Get into your BB app world, it will have options to change your BBID into the new one, do that save it.

And when you turn on your PB, it will ask you to re-enter with your new BBID.... and thats it , all apps and everything is there, yoi dont lose anything neither do you need to do security wipe.....

Reference: KB28151, KB28111 (Blackberry Knowledge Base)
    Last edited by anindoc; 01-17-12 at 05:23 PM.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-17-12 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD