Okay, first I'm new hear and really like the playbook, I have the kindle also and the playbook is great for work for me. I really need to sideload some apps to the playbook for school and I have tried and read just about everything to sideload apps and cant do it. Again I'm not well versed at coding etc but I can follow instructions and have. Below are the error message(s) I get when I try and sideload from my mac. I need Help!!! Can anyone help me out. I've read the comments in the forum for sideloading and I see others have the same issues but no solutions have come up.. Can anyone help me out here

I have tried to sideload apps from my mac and I get the following error message in terminal what am I doing wrong???????

My name-MacBook-Prolaybook_tools jg18970$ java -Xmx512m -jar BarDeploy.jar -installApp device 169.254.2.9 -password xxxx pandora13.bar
    Unable to access jarfile BarDeploy.jar
    My name-MacBook-Prolaybook_tools jg18970$

I have substituted "My name" for my real name that shows up when I open terminal and XXXX for my password.

Also when I first open terminal it opens with this

Last login: Fri Mar 30 17:24:54 on console
    My-name-MacBook-Pro:~ jg18970$

Does this matter since it is different from what the instructions are specifically it doesnt mention new host?
    03-31-12 10:22 AM
    I don't believe that you can sideload from a Mac. You need DDPB Installer running on a PC to sideload apps.
    03-31-12 11:24 AM
    Okay, first I'm new hear and really like the playbook, I have the kindle also and the playbook is great for work for me. I really need to sideload some apps to the playbook for school and I have tried and read just about everything to sideload apps and cant do it. Again I'm not well versed at coding etc but I can follow instructions and have. Below are the error message(s) I get when I try and sideload from my mac. I need Help!!! Can anyone help me out. I've read the comments in the forum for sideloading and I see others have the same issues but no solutions have come up.. Can anyone help me out here

I have tried to sideload apps from my mac and I get the following error message in terminal what am I doing wrong???????

My name-MacBook-Prolaybook_tools jg18970$ java -Xmx512m -jar BarDeploy.jar -installApp device 169.254.2.9 -password xxxx pandora13.bar
    Unable to access jarfile BarDeploy.jar
    My name-MacBook-Prolaybook_tools jg18970$

I have substituted "My name" for my real name that shows up when I open terminal and XXXX for my password.

Also when I first open terminal it opens with this

Last login: Fri Mar 30 17:24:54 on console
    My-name-MacBook-Pro:~ jg18970$

Does this matter since it is different from what the instructions are specifically it doesnt mention new host?
    Have you followed the tutorial menitioned in the following article : http://crackberry.com/sideload-android-apps-your-mac ??
    03-31-12 12:09 PM
    Yes, I followed the tutorial specific to Mac and those are the error messages I get.
    03-31-12 01:19 PM
    java -Xmx512m -jar BarDeploy.jar -installApp device 192.168.0.1 -password **** program.bar

there is no - after device..

" java -Xmx512m -jar BarDeploy.jar -installApp -device 192.168.0.1 -password **** program.bar "

works for me on Mac..
    04-06-12 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD