Is there a way to open files from the phone on the pb besides pictures. I've tried to send via bluetooth but I just get an error.
    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KennethD; 06-13-12 at 10:30 AM.
    06-13-12 10:26 AM
    What kind of phone and file type?
    If your using a BB phone then files and folders or even the native file manager will do most files.
    A little more information about what your trying to accomplish would be helpful.
    Innovatology likes this.
    06-13-12 11:49 AM
    i use ghost commander on the pb. great app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    06-13-12 12:06 PM
    When you navigate on the phones file system you can choose to open on the Playbook, but it only seems to work on picture files. Excel, pdf and word files do not give that option. I'm trying to find a work around for the crappy file navigation with the SD files on the phone. I was hoping I'd found one but it looks like not so much.

What kind of phone and file type?
    If your using a BB phone then files and folders or even the native file manager will do most files.
    A little more information about what your trying to accomplish would be helpful.
    life is better with root.
    06-13-12 09:13 PM
    This may not be what you are looking for but I use dropbox/bluebox and all files seem to transfer well between phone, PB, and PC. As you know you can also invite other people to your dropbox and give them access to certain files.
    06-13-12 09:16 PM
    Hi,

You can use PlayCloud to manage your files on your mobile from the playbook.

Nicolas
    06-14-12 04:37 AM
    You just have to initiate the opening of the file from the PB, not the phone.
    With files and folders I can open just about any file on the phone.
    Maybe I don't understand the problem.
    06-14-12 07:20 AM
    what you are looking for is either File and Folders; or Ghost Commander. both these apps will do what you want but you have to initiate the process from the PB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    Innovatology likes this.
    06-14-12 11:23 AM
    No idea what kind of phone you have. I can't help you without that crucial piece of info.
    06-14-12 11:28 AM
    The OP mentioned "open on" so I'm assuming a bridge enabled BB phone.
    06-14-12 11:35 AM
    I use dropbox so I can easily share files between my phone, pc & pb
    06-14-12 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD